Harvey Weinstein

waitforufo

Well, off the top of my head, Merryl Streep for one.

Google the YouTube video "Merryl Streep defends child rapist Roman Polansky".

It has her saying that she's very sorry he's in jail, has her giving him a standing ovation ( along with all the others at the 2003 Academy awards ), when he won for 'the Pianist'.

Does anyone one here ever envisage giving H Weinstein a standing ovation for anything, after the revelations of the past few weeks ?
That is the hypocrisy I'm talking about.

2 minutes ago, MigL said:

Well, off the top of my head, Merryl Streep for one.

Google the YouTube video "Merryl Streep defends child rapist Roman Polansky".

It has her saying that she's very sorry he's in jail, has her giving him a standing ovation ( along with all the others at the 2003 Academy awards ), when he won for 'the Pianist'.

Does anyone one here ever envisage giving H Weinstein a standing ovation for anything, after the revelations of the past few weeks ?
That is the hypocrisy I'm talking about.

Perfect, we can all agree Meryl Streep is a Hypocrite. 

"You hungry?"

"In what sense? Do you mean starving? Ready for a snack?"

"No, just thought it might be nice to eat something."

"Are you talking about going out to dinner? Eating at home? Ordering a pizza?"

"Can you just tell me if you'd be interested in eating something?"

"Well there is a big difference between going out for a steak dinner and eating a bagel out of the freezer."

"Okay, how about we go out for a burger?"

"No thanks, I'm not hungry."

OK, I'll go on...

The petition urging "We demand the immediate release of Roman Polansky" was signed by over 100 filmmakers, actors and producers.
Some of the more famous names include

Woody Allen  ( a fine moral example )
Asia Argento ( a Weinstein accuser who fees 13 yr olds don't need protection like she did )
Monica Bellucci
Terry Gilliam
Michael Mann
Martin Scorsese
Tilda Swinton
Sam Mendes
Steven Soderbergh
Etc.

Along with other beauties like Whoopy Goldberg saying he wasn't guilty of 'rape-rape', as if there's real rape and imaginary rape ( any relation to Tar ? )
And of course Jonathan Demme, Guillermo DelToro, Peter Fonda, David Lynch, Adrien Brody, John Landis, Debra Winger, and Kim Cattrall.

How many more would you like ?

26 minutes ago, MigL said:

OK, I'll go on...

The petition urging "We demand the immediate release of Roman Polansky" was signed by over 100 filmmakers, actors and producers.
Some of the more famous names include

Woody Allen  ( a fine moral example )
Asia Argento ( a Weinstein accuser who fees 13 yr olds don't need protection like she did )
Monica Bellucci
Terry Gilliam
Michael Mann
Martin Scorsese
Tilda Swinton
Sam Mendes
Steven Soderbergh
Etc.

Along with other beauties like Whoopy Goldberg saying he wasn't guilty of 'rape-rape', as if there's real rape and imaginary rape ( any relation to Tar ? )
And of course Jonathan Demme, Guillermo DelToro, Peter Fonda, David Lynch, Adrien Brody, John Landis, Debra Winger, and Kim Cattrall.

How many more would you like ?

Woody Allen is every bit bad as Polanski. Everyone who signed a petition on Polanski behalf or publicly argued on his behalf as Goldberg did should be ashamed. Unless they have since apologized for supporting Polanski it would be hypocritical for any of those individuals to pretend to be upset about Weinstein. 

9 hours ago, zapatos said:

Admittedly swansont provided a list that met the conditions MigL asked for, but a list car mechanics in Hollywood who spoke out against Polanski would also have satisfied the conditions. I think the 'spirit' of MigL's query was clear from the beginning and acting like he is being illogical after being forced to clarify his point is a bit unfair.

Scoring technical points in a debate is not the same as making a good argument.

Consider that the goal doesn't have to be making a counter-argument. (I am decidedly not taking a pro-Polanski position)

Sometimes it's about making an argument better by ridding it of flaws.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 2:46 PM, Ten oz said:

Woody Allen is every bit bad as Polanski. Everyone who signed a petition on Polanski behalf or publicly argued on his behalf as Goldberg did should be ashamed. Unless they have since apologized for supporting Polanski it would be hypocritical for any of those individuals to pretend to be upset about Weinstein. 

Wow, I can't believe this that many people support Polanski after his crime?! And I found it doubly funny how guys like Louis CK and Ben Affleck trounced Weinstein then it was revealed they have sexually harassed women themselves.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not just the rich and famous.

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/women/news/2017/11/20/443139/not-just-rich-famous/

The actual data tell a different story about sexual harassment claims—in which they occur on a daily basis and across all industries. The vast majority of these claims occur out of the glare of the spotlight, where public scrutiny and attention is rare. Many women grapple with gender biases and power imbalances within their workplaces, making them targets for harassment or other forms of discrimination. Women of color, in particular, often must confront the combined impact of racial, ethnic, and gender prejudice that can result in degrading stereotypes about their sexual mores or availability and increase their risk of being harassed. Furthermore, women—particularly women of color—are more likely to work lower-wage jobs, where power imbalances are often more pronounced and where fears of reprisals or losing their jobs can deter victims from coming forward.

notjust-768x782.png