Natural Awareness

Randolpin

If we observe the whole creation around us,-the stars, the planets, galaxies, earth-based creations (trees etc.) we experience the majesty of creation that seems to shout on us to reveal something or it want to reveal on us something. And why we have this same feeling or experience at first when we are alone?

Edited by Randolpin

It's called 'Numinous'.  I am sure we have mentioned it before. It is very common and makes us feel totally insignificant in the grand scheme of things...  which we are.

The universe is totally amazing isn't it!?  The word that describes the wonder you feel and are describing is 'Numinous'. Many confuse the feeling as the feeling of 'god's' presence..  I used to make this error myself.

PS - I would change the word 'creation' in your post to 'the universe' or some other word that doesn't infer design and manufacture by an intelligent designer...  in this day and age it is rather sill to suggest with what we currently know. If this is what you are inferring then you are clearly trolling as this is a) a science site and b) you have had your creation arguments debunked over and over in many other threads. ;-) 

55 minutes ago, Randolpin said:

why we have this same feeling or experience at first when we are alone?

I don't believe everyone only gets it when alone...  things are spookier when on your own and your imagination runs wild. Maybe that is why?  

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2017 at 10:15 PM, DrP said:

It's called 'Numinous'.  I am sure we have mentioned it before. It is very common and makes us feel totally insignificant in the grand scheme of things...  which we are.

The universe is totally amazing isn't it!?  The word that describes the wonder you feel and are describing is 'Numinous'. Many confuse the feeling as the feeling of 'god's' presence..  I used to make this error myself.

PS - I would change the word 'creation' in your post to 'the universe' or some other word that doesn't infer design and manufacture by an intelligent designer...  in this day and age it is rather sill to suggest with what we currently know. If this is what you are inferring then you are clearly trolling as this is a) a science site and b) you have had your creation arguments debunked over and over in many other threads. ;-) 

I don't believe everyone only gets it when alone...  things are spookier when on your own and your imagination runs wild. Maybe that is why?  

I can't see how my arguments are debunked. Since I don't provide more about it. I may ask, why we feel Numinous as a human being? What is the reason?

1 hour ago, Randolpin said:

I can't see how my arguments are debunked. Since I don't provide more about it. I may ask, why we feel Numinous as a human being? What is the reason?

I was referring to the creationist argument as described in Genesis...  this has been shown to be factually untrue, as has a lot of the same book.  

On 11/7/2017 at 6:28 AM, Randolpin said:

why we feel Numinous as a human being? What is the reason?

Certain traits within us have been selected across vast eons of time.

In humans, some of those traits include curiosity, empathy, ability to find and impose patterns on complex inputs, and to predict possible future outcomes or practice and rehearse potential future encounters safely and without physical risk right inside our minds through dreaming, daydreaming, or other simimilar organic creative processes.

These traits all helped us to more successfully survive and increased the chances of survival among our offspring.

It’s not much of a stretch IMO to recognize that our sense of the numinous and these feelings of awe and wonder at the vastness and richness of the cosmos all stem from these same cognitive traits and psychological predispositions that helped our ancestors be successful right here on Earth. 

Edited by iNow