Intelligence test

Chriss

3 hours ago, Chriss said:

It is not meaningless because I observed theirs intelligence without knowing any IQ and arrange them in the order of their birthdays. Do you can recognize intelligence ? If yes you can start recall people you know and do what I did and see...

That's subjective, not objective.

IQ tests are dubious at best.  For no reason I can tell you're trying to link this already dubious concept to birth date.

Understandably people are responding negatively here.

quote-i-don-t-know-what-my-iq-is-people-

7 hours ago, Chriss said:

I don't guess any number. I evaluate about where is someone's place on the cycle. It is useless to calculate because there are different intelligence tests which gives you different results. I did 3 types of tests and gave me different scores. In intelligence measurement they have no standard test. Or you tell me what is the standard test ?

It is very convenient for you not to consider any IQ test as valid since it will never invalidate your theory by default. When your ''theory'' gets compared to a real test statistic and fails, you can just say that those tests aren't accurate.

4 hours ago, Chriss said:

It is not meaningless because I observed theirs intelligence without knowing any IQ and arrange them in the order of their birthdays. 

It frustrates me how illogical you're making this. out to be. You refuse to compare your (worthless) results with real data and instead choose to cite your own ''theories'' as evidence. Do you understand how dumb this is? You made up a theory (unfounded in anything) that people born on certain dates must have some arbitrary IQ. Then you go on to place people's IQs based on your completely unfounded wild guess as if it were proven. First you need evidence for such a claim, not your keen observations made on half a dozen people.

It's like if I made a claim that all Russian people are geniuses, then when someone asked me ''how do you know this Russian person is genius'', I said ''well, because he is Russian and therefore genius according to my theory.'' This is exactly what you're doing. I'm surprised how you don't understand why people aren't taking you seriously.

5 hours ago, CharonY said:

In my experience it is not quite that straightforward, except maybe at the extremes. Rather, it is very easy to gauge ones understanding in dealing with a specific topic or problem.  But they may fail rather badly in other aspects (and of course there is a huge middle ground in between). 

Well, yes, but it depends on how exactly you define intelligence. You could be completely right or completely wrong. 

8 hours ago, Lord Antares said:

It is very convenient for you not to consider any IQ test as valid since it will never invalidate your theory by default. When your ''theory'' gets compared to a real test statistic and fails, you can just say that those tests aren't accurate.

It frustrates me how illogical you're making this. out to be. You refuse to compare your (worthless) results with real data and instead choose to cite your own ''theories'' as evidence. Do you understand how dumb this is? You made up a theory (unfounded in anything) that people born on certain dates must have some arbitrary IQ. Then you go on to place people's IQs based on your completely unfounded wild guess as if it were proven. First you need evidence for such a claim, not your keen observations made on half a dozen people.

It's like if I made a claim that all Russian people are geniuses, then when someone asked me ''how do you know this Russian person is genius'', I said ''well, because he is Russian and therefore genius according to my theory.'' This is exactly what you're doing. I'm surprised how you don't understand why people aren't taking you seriously.

Well, yes, but it depends on how exactly you define intelligence. You could be completely right or completely wrong. 

If even the definition of term is nontrivial, how can its evaluation be?

I'm not sure. For example, many people would consider intelligence as pure logical thinking and ability to solve and deal with math, i.e. logic. But there are lots of highly intelligent (by this definition, very logical and sharp minded) people who are very clumsy and would fail in many practical or physical tests. They would not be able to solve a practical situatiation as well as someone ''less intelligent''. So are they less intelligent than what their tests show? Well, I think not. I think they act very poorly under pressure which has nothing to do with their intelligence in my opinion. 

So when I say you can usually tell when someone is intelligent, I mean you can tell by their reasoning skills, the logic that they use, language etc. I don't necessarily mean anything else. It's even easier for unintelligent people. So I don't know whether we're talking about the same thing or not.

15 hours ago, Endy0816 said:

That's subjective, not objective.

IQ tests are dubious at best.  For no reason I can tell you're trying to link this already dubious concept to birth date.

Understandably people are responding negatively here.

quote-i-don-t-know-what-my-iq-is-people-

This idea is not to gloat about intelligence, but it is the fundamental truth about intelligence.

It is not subjective because I evaluate each intelligence how it really is.

I can only assume, then, that you don't know what the words "objective" and "subjective" mean. You are making a purely subjective guess at intelligence, possibly influenced by the known date of birth of the person, and think that people should take you seriously for some reason.

This is a science forum. Unless you can produce some objective (i.e. independently measurable) data instead of your guesses, no-one is going to take you seriously.

Edited by Strange

On 12/8/2017 at 10:45 AM, CharonY said:

In my experience it is not quite that straightforward, except maybe at the extremes. Rather, it is very easy to gauge ones understanding in dealing with a specific topic or problem.  But they may fail rather badly in other aspects (and of course there is a huge middle ground in between). 

Very true. Also its demeaning to assign aptitude based on a cursory examination of a persons actions. This is one of the worst traits a teacher can have and will lead to some children missing opportunities. It is hard for a teacher to remain objective at all times but those that do are an invaluable asset to our society. 

I evaluate each intelligence how it really is.

Can you tell me how you do this? Please.

And please make it brief. 

1 hour ago, Chriss said:

You said a study was done on intelligence.

Who said? Not me although I am sure there have been many studies.

Ignored my question? I seem to get a lot of that for some reason. Maybe its me.

Tell you what Chriss I will watch at least some of your video if you will descibe to me how you "evaluate each intelligence on how it really is" in five sentences or less.

14 minutes ago, Chriss said:

Someone said about studies.

I’m unsure you’re passing any intelligence tests by offering such poorly constructed incoherent posts, and that’s true regardless of when you were born. 

Thank you all! It's a topic i am interested in.

In my opinion,intelligence is an ability of mind to notice,analyze and link together the complex data for creating some making decisions tools. But it's not fixed for ages. It changes with time, efforts to improve it or special medical treatment as psychostimulants.

In this sense measurement of intelligence is important not only for realising my current status but my potential mostly.

IQ test, for example, have an index of age. Which means a 10 years old kid who is solving the problems as he is 15, has bigger result as a more intelligent person then that one. Am not sure, it is not a sign of agism,by the way,but is another story.

I would like to use such a proper test i believe in to measure my progress in keeping my "brain fit" as i do regularly check my body condition. 

Well I have an observation regarding intelligence, also, but I won't reveal it as you don't believe me anyway !

Obviously, we won't believe unsupported, assertive garbage. Don't act lik the victim here. Poor you, people are asking for evidence for a scientific claim. You are basically being bullied here. And then you go on to cite your own unproven ''data'' as evidence to prove your own ''data'' in some weird paradox. This is getting ridiculous.

On 12/9/2017 at 7:04 PM, iNow said:

Are semicolons allowed?

Of course not! Oddly enough however ignoring questions is.

8 hours ago, Evgenia said:

I would like to use such a proper test i believe in to measure my progress in keeping my "brain fit" as i do regularly check my body condition. 

Sounds more like aptitude tests to me. IQ tests are notoriously unreliable. But aptitude tests are considered good tools for assessing level of education. They can be very specific. For example electricians take them to make sure they are keeping up with changes in their code. Or they can be very general. Employers often use these to screen candidates for a job.

But you can use them to help keep your "brain fit." Here is a link to some free ones. Good luck!

https://www.wikijob.co.uk/content/aptitude-tests/test-types/aptitude-tests

On 10.12.2017 at 7:48 PM, iNow said:

Try me

There is an age at which intelligence can be recognized. It depends on the person's intelligence. The ones that are intelligent can recognize it at about 18 yo and the ones that are less at about 35 - 40 yo old and even more.

30 minutes ago, Chriss said:

There is an age at which intelligence can be recognized. It depends on the person's intelligence. The ones that are intelligent can recognize it at about 18 yo and the ones that are less at about 35 - 40 yo old and even more.

Do you have any objective evidence to support this claim? Or can we disregard it, just like your other guesses.

1 hour ago, Chriss said:

I'm guessing you're about 25... ;)