the meaning behind your username..

blike

I use this username on every forum I am a member of.

in·am·o·ra·ta

A woman with whom one is in love or has an intimate relationship.

[it. innamorata' date= fem., innamorato, masc., p. p. of innamorare to inspire with love. See Enamor.] A woman in love; a mistress. ``The fair inamorata.'' --Sherburne.

Syn: Goddess.

I just like the name of it, I guess. And the fact it is a synonym for Goddess..... :)

I love your username. In a strictly platonic way, of course. :D

Anyhoo, my own username is a modification of the title of a story I'm working on about a mad scientist and his son, called "Pale Blue What", which itself is a play off of Carl Sagan's book, "Pale Blue Dot". I'll see you guys in a few years when I win the Nobel Prize in literature...

Just my name and screen name. When I first got online I wanted ratatat@ but couldn't have it so I used atat.at@. Then I changed isp and couldn't get that to work so I just used my name as one word in caps. Bland isn't it. Richard means ruler or leader and Batty means loony so I suppose if I had an imagination I could have had GBush.

This has been my username for years. My favorite game used to be DK64 and my favorite character was tiny kong. She was a girl, and I'm a boy, so I added boy. My lucky number is 21. I first used the User name on a DK64 board, and I never bothered to change it.

• 1 year later...

well when I joined an online game called SFGC, I made my first username Canada, then I eventually decided to have a real name (lol) so I changed it to ArmyOfTheSquirrels. When that got old I merged them into Canada[AotS].

Used that name for pretty much every online thing I do now. Or at least something[AotS] lol.

(BTW, couldn't use the square brackets here :P lol)

• 2 years later...

I'm Mr Skeptic... fairly obvious why I chose that name. When I was in high school, I didn't believe what they told me about a sphere of charge (or mass) being the same as if it were all concentrated at a point in the center. I mean, what were the odds that the closer points would exactly cancel the farther points? So, I found my dad's old calculus textbook, and a few months later I had my answer. Yup, the odds were better than they seemed.

I still occasionally try to poke at a well accepted theory, until I understand why its true. I find it rather fun and educational.

I'm Reverend Blair. In late 1999 my friend decided to get married and asked me to officiate at his wedding. I dutifully got ordained on the internet and performed the service. Somehow the name stuck, and I've been Reverend Blair ever since.

What's an internet-ordained atheist reverend to do?

Mine's quite original, good old first initial, and most of my last name. Since there are so many Johnson's out there, the system at college cut my last n and stuck a zero in there. Guess I was a little too late. And since I can't stand having multiple name, most everything is now cjohnso0.