removing ink stains

ecoli

I recently had a pen explosion take place in my house. does anybody know a way that I can get the stain out of my wooden floor? What is the chemical formula for ink? What can get it out? Alcohol, maybe? I've tried various detergents with little success.

steel wool would do more harm than say alcohol. I had a pen explode on my wood floor not long ago and ethanol and some scrubbing got it off. However, acetone or toulene would probably work better. ud need something that doesnt dissolve the finish tho.

Yeah' date=' that's my current game plan.

What's that? where woud I be able to get it?[/quote']

It's a solvent that is used as an ink remover and for cleaning antique furniture among other things. It would probably do exactly as you need while preserving the floor entirely.

If your in the US its illegal because its a precurser to GHB.

Hairspray works for getting it out of shirts and things, the only problem is that I`ve no idea how it would affect the wood finish?

also the color in ink is mostly Iron compounds (different inks vary however).

If the floor has a heavy finish, chances are the ink hasn't soaked in. It's just sitting on top. If you don't want to try fine steel wool, the first thing I would use is Windex. I've had it remove Easter egg dye from a wooden table. Simple is good.

ghb is so easy to synthesize it's a wonder the gov even tries to stop production

Yeah, unfortunetly that's why they made GBL illegal also.

The only choices now are to buy from an offshore source, oxidize tetrahydrofuran into GBL, or produce it from the amino acid GABA using the sandmeyer reaction.

If the floor has a heavy finish, chances are the ink hasn't soaked in. It's just sitting on top. If you don't want to try fine steel wool, the first thing I would use is Windex. I've had it remove Easter egg dye from a wooden table. Simple is good.

My floors are relatively new, only about a year old. So the finish is, imo, still pretty thick. I'm afraid of steel wool, because I don't want to scratch the floor, and the ink is pretty thin layer.

I should probably get some windex.

If you have no Windex (not an endorsement) try using your fingernail to scrape it off. If you have no fingernails, the edge of a plastic (not rubber) spatula will do. Anything with a thin plastic edge might get under the dried ink blob without scratching the finish.

Long time ago' date=' my hands were stained with ink when I was filling up my cartridge.

I found rubbing my hands with alcohol work.[/quote']

You mean rubbing alcohol, like H202?