Bologna

Callipygous

i have heard that if you put bologna on a car and leave it for like 5 minutes it will strip the paint off and youll have a polka-dotted car.

is there any truth to this? as a senior who just graduated, its important for me to know such things. are there any other substances that will damage a cars paint job? if egg is left on too long will it cause any damage? me and my friends like to get creative with the pranks, but i dont want to end up having to pay for a paint job.

Some of the best (and least costly) pranks for cars are:

1. Banana in the tailpipe

2. Limburger cheese on the manifold (no cheese substitutes, please, it's the smell of limburger as it heats that does the job).

3. Toothpaste on the steering wheel (facing away from the driver).

4. Tie a few soda cans to the front bumper so they drag under the car as you pull away (variation on the wedding prank).

1. i can come up with my own pranks, thank you. your ruining the creative process!

2. ive always wondered, how does one get banana OUT of ones tailpipe? keep in mind the target is a friend.

back to the original question please, can bologna strip paint?

1. i can come up with my own pranks, thank you. your ruining the creative process!
Your request for car pranks was implicit by starting a thread about a car prank.
2. ive always wondered, how does one get banana OUT of ones tailpipe? keep in mind the target is a friend.
So you'd rather put bologna on his paint job in order to leave big rings? I'd save that for my enemies.

The banana(s) don't have to be wedged in too tightly. The car stalls pretty quickly and most people will think "engine" before they think "exhaust". A pair of pliers would get the banana out if your fingers couldn't. Bananas are easier to remove than a potato.

back to the original question please, can bologna strip paint?
I don't think the bologna would harm modern paint. This sounds like something that worked in the 50's but wouldn't effect a new paint job.

I hear if you lick the end of a bunch of marshmallows and stick them to a car on a hot day it makes for a great visual effect, but I know you're not interested in hearing anyone else's pranks....

Your request for car pranks was implicit by starting a thread about a car prank.

i think i made it pretty clear in the original post that i was looking for information on substances that can cause damage to a paint job, not ideas for pranks.

So you'd rather put bologna on his paint job in order to leave big rings? I'd save that for my enemies.

no... i wouldnt like to ruin his paint job, which is why i would like to know what things will do that as opposed to just being a nuisance.

I imagine the bologna will leave interesting grease marks that will take a while to clean off, as well as an unholy scent if where you live is hot, but it shouldn't do any more damage to the paint than it will to your own intestinal tract, the extent of which forensic science has yet to determine.

And not to rain on your creative processes, but...

.... Honey sprinkled with birdseed is my personal favorite(don't worry. I won't tell you what to do with it, since no one is stupid enough to not immediately realize what to do, although I will say that I prefer to spread mine over the vehicle, as well as the driveway and any path to the house. Chocolate syrup also works as a honey-subsitute). And it doesn't strip paint.

I hear if you lick the end of a bunch of marshmallows and stick them to a car on a hot day it makes for a great visual effect, but I know you're not interested in hearing anyone else's pranks....
This works marvelously, especially in 112 degree weather.

the banana (or potato) up the exhaust are a myth (fortunately), they did it on Mythbusters along with several other pranks like sugar in the gas tank etc... it didn`t stop the car at all, the only thing that did was Bleach (chlorox) in the gas tank.

what is Bologna?

It's phonetically prounounced as 'Ba-lone-E'. It's a concoction of various meats and animal products squished into a sausage like form. I personally find it nasty.

As for practical jokes with cars, I find this one particularly good. Now mind you, this only works in the winter when the temperatures are far below the freezing point of water and it takes some time to actually work. If someone parks their car where they shouldn't be parking and are gone for the whole day, you take a little squirt bottle with a nozzle and fill it with water. You then take the nozzle and put it in the keyhole of the car and just start squirting water in there. Given enough time, the water will freeze into a solid block of ice INSIDE the keyhole of the car. The jerk who parked where he/she should not have parked will be unable to get his/her key into the hole and will have to somehow melt the ice in order to open up their car door. I did this back in college when some real jerk parked his BMW right in front of our apartment instead of paying the 5 bucks to use the public parking lot. Let's just say that it was really funny watching some idiot in a suit trying to melt the ice using a zippo lighter. :D

I usualy just leave them a note under the wiper: "Next time, Leave a can Opener".

as for the bologna (baloney), I doubt very much it`ll have the effect mentioned, it sounds similar to Luncheon meat (great to use as bait in fishing, but nowt else). it`ll contain loads of salt and fat and nitrites, neither of which are volatile enough to damage a baked car paint finish.

take the nozzle and put it in the keyhole of the car and just start squirting water in there. Given enough time, the water will freeze into a solid block of ice INSIDE the keyhole of the car. The jerk who parked where he/she should not have parked will be unable to get his/her key into the hole and will have to somehow melt the ice in order to open up their car door.
That's absolutely beautiful, so much so I could almost cry, or cackle, I'm not sure which. It seems so unfortunate that more and more vehicles are coming with those remote openers. It destroys the fun of door-jamming vandals everywhere.

while that is horrible and all that good stuff, doesnt it kind of defeat the purpose? sort of like when my crotchety old neighbor would let the air out of peoples tires if they parked infront of his house?

now the cars stuck there, smart one... how am i supposed to get it out of your way?

I had some little prick partially slash my tyre. It was just enough to make it weak but not actually deflate. The bloody thing exploded when I was doing about 60mph and I hit a tree. The cops treated it as attempted murder... (interestingly enough, with attempted murder you still lose your no claims discount)

ya know, I`m not entirely sure if I should leave this thread in place and not remove it.

it`s SOoooo borderline on our rules here, and gives dangerous info in a backhanded way that I don`t think is entirely appropriate.

Thoughts welcome!