Find source of WHO quote calling stress the “health epidemic of the 21st century”.

StephanieH

I have found a great quote by the  World Health Organization calling stress the “health epidemic of the 21st century”.

A couple of thousand of sites are using this quote in quotation marks - without linking their source - and I can't find it. :(

Advanced search of the WHO page using "with the exact phrase" does not find this quote. :( Perhaps everyone is misspelling the quote?

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong - and where the original publication dubbing stress the “health epidemic of the 21st century” might be found?

Thank you!

(P.S. Own solution attempts After an hour of fruitless hunting with google I have given up - should no one be able to help me I would have to use 2 sites and quote the WHO indirectly - a less than elegant solution ... )

Edited by StephanieH
Own solution

39 minutes ago, StephanieH said:

I would have to use 2 sites and quote the WHO indirectly

I wouldn't do this, personally, as it sounds like a fake quote. The WHO seems to have done a lot of work on workplace stress. But this looks like a headline made up by one outlet and then copied by everyone else. (Fact-checking program "More or Less" on the BBC has often covered data that are claimed to come from organisations like WHO but are in fact completely made up.)

Maybe you can search for "workplace stress" in the WHO reports and find something to support your argument. Or, give the source as one of the newspapers, rather than the WHO.

• 1 year later...

I have spent the last couple hours researching this; it seems like everyone out there is quoting this line that stress is the health epidemic of the 21st century however it's nowhere to be found in any major databases, the WHO site, etc.

I think this is a great example of Viral plagiarism - the mass replication and dissemination of a piece of info someone Else wrote, repeated over and over... in-text citation is only valid if it's accurate, and yet everyone keeps repeating the same 'fake news'... repeating false information doesn't make it true, it simply means the repeater didn't do their due diligence.