'Time is linear, memory is a stranger, history is for fools....'

scherado

2 minutes ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

Pleasant fellow.

How does one get a thread closed by explicit request--and after that result being broached as a possibility?

What is the TIME schedule--the maximum time allowed--for responses to posts?

Either be civil and answer questions put to you, or this thread will be closed.

3 hours ago, Silvestru said:

I really don't think you understand the questions. Do you want me to paste the equation?

I've been warned that I must respond to your question.

What equation?

I am going to ask a question now:

What does this sentence mean? You:I really don't think you understand the questions.

Just now, scherado said:

How does one get a thread closed by explicit request--and after that result being broached as a possibility?

There is a "report" link at the top of each post. I would suggest using that. (if you haven't already.)

So what is the problem with just telling us what the "nature of time" is? Is it so secret that you have to close the thread in case it is accidentally revealed?

And why does duration have a different nature than time?

What is the TIME schedule--the maximum time allowed--for responses to posts?

I think you mean "DURATION schedule" and the "maximum duration allowed".

I am not aware of any upper limit. 

4 hours ago, studiot said:

I am not clear as to the exact nature of your question, but you seem to be asking how to put numbers to the time axis.
In particular you mention duration.

Can you explain your question further please?

I have been warned that I must answer your question, but not told in what time schedule.

Do you mean this? Me: What is the basis for any expression of duration.

16 minutes ago, Strange said:

There is a "report" link at the top of each post. I would suggest using that. (if you haven't already.)

So what is the problem with just telling us what the "nature of time" is? Is it so secret that you have to close the thread in case it is accidentally revealed?

And why does duration have a different nature than time?

I think you mean "DURATION schedule" and the "maximum duration allowed".

I am not aware of any upper limit. 

Sometimes when I give my answer in the OP, there is nothing left to discuss from my perspective. What I mean is that I know what I have in mind and want to know what others think about the subject. I have told the participants in the "0 DIV 0" thread that I will share my answer in one day. Perhaps, I should have done that here sooner.

Edited by scherado

13 minutes ago, scherado said:

Sometimes when I give my answer in the OP, there is nothing left to discuss from my perspective. 

Wouldn't it be polite to consider whether others feel equally satisfied (or not)?

What I mean is that I know what I have in mind and want to know what others think about the subject.

If you are not willing to reveal what you have in mind, then you may not get very relevant thoughts on the subject. So, for example, you appeared to be very frustrated that people gave you answers related to "time" when, apparently, that is not what you are after. But if you are unwilling/unable to explain what you are after then you cannot complain when people answer what you appear to have asked.

We are not mind readers.

13 minutes ago, scherado said:

I have told the participants in the "0 DIV 0" thread that I will share my answer in one day.

I bet they can hardly wait. Personally, I have cancelled all my appointments for tomorrow to be sure I don't miss it.

Edited by Strange

7 minutes ago, Strange said:

If you are not willing to reveal what you have in mind, then you may not get very relevant thoughts on the subject. So, for example, you appeared to be very frustrated that people gave you answers related to "time" when, apparently, that is not what you are after. But if you are unwilling/unable to explain what you are after then you cannot complain when people answer what you appear to have asked.

We are not mind readers.

I am willing to reveal what I have in mind, but I have not been able to determine the time restraints and limits after which I can be accused of waiting too long..

Edited by scherado

2 minutes ago, scherado said:

I am willing to reveal what I have in mind, but I have not been able to determine the time duration restraints and limits after which I can be accused of waiting too long..

FIFY

Why do you have to wait at all?

Why not just tell us now?

No sooner does one get banned than another one comes along.

Welcome Scherado ( to a short-lived membership )

edit:

And the fact that your whole premise is based on lyrics, which you have to be stoned to understand, explains why I'm starting to feel 'comfortably numb'.

Edited by MigL