Voluntary Brain Energy Relief

Behar.T

Hello guys, 

There is this weird thing i can do(cause) by command, from the back of my head i kind of activate some sort of energy,

it goes down from the back of my head surging my entire body and feels like getting energizing, it actually feels pretty good, 

and i stay energized for a couple minutes, and i can do it almost all the time.

Only if i keep doing it for a longer period of time, it kind of gets faded, a bit, like it looses the effect. 

Brain-energy-negative-thoughts.jpg

Protip: Stop using the word "energy" to describe what you're feeling. It makes the idea look like nonsense. It's quite possible there's a real effect happening here. Encourage you to learn the technical language well enough to research and describe it accurately so your ideas are taken seriously.

The feelings are clearly real and many report such a thing. I agree about the tern 'energy' though...  people usually use they when they are trying to suggest that their experience is some kind of new age spiritual thing or some kind of Tai Tea or Yoghurt.

27 minutes ago, Behar.T said:

Close enough, but that just doesn't quite say it.

Say what?  What do you think you are experiencing? The ASMR things sounds pretty similar to what you are describing. As you yourself said, the effect is varied depending on the stimulation, the surrounding, the individual and maybe many other unknowns. What do you think is happening?

PS - I really like those spikey head massagers...  you know - the metal things with multiple wires coming out the top that spike into your head and give a nice head massage.....   lovely.

1 hour ago, iNow said:

You should measure it with objective equipment. Confirm it's not "all in your head."

I expected this to be more 'common'  than it appears to be, and if i'd have had it all 'checked out', idt i'd have to start a new topic about it,

and you didn't help with my question at all. :P;) 

16 minutes ago, DrP said:

The feelings are clearly real and many report such a thing. I agree about the tern 'energy' though...  people usually use they when they are trying to suggest that their experience is some kind of new age spiritual thing or some kind of Tai Tea or Yoghurt.

Say what?  What do you think you are experiencing? The ASMR things sounds pretty similar to what you are describing. As you yourself said, the effect is varied depending on the stimulation, the surrounding, the individual and maybe many other unknowns. What do you think is happening?

PS - I really like those spikey head massagers...  you know - the metal things with multiple wires coming out the top that spike into your head and give a nice head massage.....   lovely.

i don't really know what it could be, i read about it, i just can't find the adequate  answer for this. :\  

ps.. that sounds scary asf :D

12 minutes ago, Behar.T said:

I expected this to be more 'common'  than it appears to be,

Well,  what you describe is pretty common no? People describe similar effects when doing Tai Chi and Yoga or watching ASMR videos or massaging their heads....  any amount of focusing on body parts and 'feeling' pats of your self can lead to weird feelings. In more extreme versions of this I have heard people talking about Kundalini awakenings and baptism in the holy spirit and such things...  all of which are explained by psychology and emotion. I am not sure about any physical explanations with Kundali and holy ghost baptisms...  the brain and nervous systems are very complex and not fully explained. Not being fully explained or understood by science is not an invitation from the new age lot to jump to various unsupported conclusions about the supernatural though. ;-)

Doing Thai Chi, Yoga or watching ASMR nor Kundali and holy ghost baptism i'm not into that kind of stuff .. (i actually had to google some of those LoL),

Thing is: I Cause it by command i don't need any influence or motivation or any kind of help to make it happen, so this cuts off all the Yoga, Head Massages etc.. :D 

i guess i'm gonna have to visit a shrink soon, for further explanation. 

I read some truly weird topics inhere so i thought i give it a try, so just maybe this happens to someone else too. 

but anyway .. thanks for your help.

3 minutes ago, Strange said:

3 minutes ago, Strange said:

different from ASMR

ASMR is caused by certain situations and stuff like whispering, and 'soft sounds' or  massages etc .. in my case it differs because i make it happen in whatever situation, like you can literally yell at me or even if im angry or whatever. I don't need no Treating for this to work. it's not about the chills.

Different stimulus can set it off..  it isn't fully explained (I don't think) - so you can't say that it definitely isn't this. The same happens in Tai Chi, where people can 'feel' their 'chi' energy moving around..   Obviously it isn't actual energy moving around, but something is happening.  You don't need stimulus for this - just concentration or thought or relaxation or movement. Same for ASMR or any other feeling like this - you can set it off by being in the right mental state....  no stimulus needed. Some people may need a stimulus to set it off - who knows?

PS - The human mind is very suggestible too. I reckon that self suggestion could amplify what you are feeling (like focusing on pain can make it feel worse for example).

22 minutes ago, Behar.T said:

ASMR is caused by certain situations and stuff like whispering, and 'soft sounds' or  massages etc .. in my case it differs because i make it happen in whatever situation,

A lot of people who experience it say the same thing. It doesn't need an external stimulus.