Scientific Bible

GodBreaker

Hy, you probably readed holy bible and you maybe know a lot things about it. I heatd for word nefilis or something. But that word was very interesting for me. I was searching many things about it and

yea I found some interesting things about it. Like for example they were  fallen angels, giants similar to humans. Some are saying that we are descendants of them. And you know what I have been thinking isn't that weird '' fallen angels'' and that they fall from sky. Then I thought about aliens (people in that time didn't know a lot of things) they are from outer space and many strange things happened so I was thinking and then I said to myself what if whole holy bible talks about something strange that happened to people in that time and they didn't know how to name that creatures or things. So what do you think?

nefili 2.jpg

nefili.jpg

nefili3.jpg

By the way sory to all people who believes in god and so on. I believe in him too but yea you know...

It is an interesting idea and if you had come up with it sixty or seventy years ago you could perhaps have made a lot of money out of it, as Erik von Daniken did in his book "Chariot of the Gods" and its sequels. Several other "researchers" into UFOs and the like have noted the same passages.

However, the general view is that it is weak evidence for aliens. I share this view.

As there are similar stories in many other mythologies (and modern stories) I would go with the far simpler explanation that it is the sort of story that people like.

At least we have evidence that people like stories. We have no evidence for aliens.

9 hours ago, GodBreaker said:

I heatd for word nefilis or something.

If you don't even know what the word is, I find it hard to take your opinions seriously. (It is "nephilim", by the way.)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎.‎9‎.‎2017 at 5:16 PM, Strange said:

As there are similar stories in many other mythologies (and modern stories) I would go with the far simpler explanation that it is the sort of story that people like.

At least we have evidence that people like stories. We have no evidence for aliens.

If you don't even know what the word is, I find it hard to take your opinions seriously. (It is "nephilim", by the way.)

Thank you btw i am not soooooo good in english language  thank you for your comment. I respect your thinking about it.

On ‎5‎.‎9‎.‎2017 at 5:16 PM, Strange said:

Thank you so much I appreciate that you like it hahaha 70 years ago hahahaha. why time, why?? xD

• 4 weeks later...

Religion is dangerous in my opinion because it is prevents scientific and technological progress.

Religion manipulates people into believing in something which has no evidence for its existence.

As the saying goes: "Extraordinary claims required extraordinary evidence".

And the same can be said for God or any other deity for that matter. In my opinion they simply don't exist.

If people were not so obsessed with religion for such a long time during human history then our technology, science and economy in general could be much more advanced by now.

Religion is really holding humanity back in my opinion and that's because religion is giving people false hope and actually makes people believe in something which isn't true and very probably isn't physical.

It's no wonder that the countries that have the most religious population are also the poorest countries in the world.

And that's because religion makes people believe that a deity will make miracles for them and actually change the world for them for the better while in reality deities will not create a better world for us because deities do not actually exist.

When it comes to making a better and happier world I only have faith in people and not in any deities because only people can make the world better and no God or deity is going to do this for us.

See are all religions false?

http://www.thekeyboard.org.uk/Are all religions false.htm

Edited by seriously disabled

46 minutes ago, seriously disabled said:

Religion is dangerous in my opinion because it is prevents scientific and technological progress.

Religion manipulates people into believing in something which has no evidence for its existence.

As the saying goes: "Extraordinary claims required extraordinary evidence".

And the same can be said for God or any other deity for that matter. In my opinion they simply don't exist.

If people were not so obsessed with religion for such a long time during human history then our technology, science and economy in general could be much more advanced by now.

Religion is really holding humanity back in my opinion and that's because religion is giving people false hope and actually makes people believe in something which isn't true and very probably isn't physical.

It's no wonder that the countries that have the most religious population are also the poorest countries in the world.

And that's because religion makes people believe that a deity will make miracles for them and actually change the world for them for the better while in reality deities will not create a better world for us because deities do not actually exist.

When it comes to making a better and happier world I only have faith in people and not in any deities because only people can make the world better and no God or deity is going to do this for us.

See are all religions false?

http://www.thekeyboard.org.uk/Are all religions false.htm

!

Moderator Note

Preaching against religion is just as against the rules as preaching in support of one

On 9/5/2017 at 3:49 PM, GodBreaker said:

Hy, you probably readed holy bible and you maybe know a lot things about it. I heatd for word nefilis or something. But that word was very interesting for me. I was searching many things about it and

yea I found some interesting things about it. Like for example they were  fallen angels, giants similar to humans. Some are saying that we are descendants of them. And you know what I have been thinking isn't that weird '' fallen angels'' and that they fall from sky. Then I thought about aliens (people in that time didn't know a lot of things) they are from outer space and many strange things happened so I was thinking and then I said to myself what if whole holy bible talks about something strange that happened to people in that time and they didn't know how to name that creatures or things. So what do you think?

Most scientists/cosmologists would accept the scenario that life should be relatively plentiful throughout the Universe. The reasons for that are the "near infinite" extent and content of the universe around us, plus the fact that the "stuff of life" has been found everywhere we look. 

In recognising all that, we still at this stage have no real evidence that life exists beyond this little blue orb, and certainly no convincing evidence of Earth having ever been visited by any ETI. There is though an increasing number of scientists that believe the evidence for life beyond Earth may well be forthcoming within the next decade or so. I hope they are shown to be correct and that it happens before I kick the bucket. 

Two barriers exist that inhibit any interstellar/intergalactic contact between intelligent beings: Time and distance they be.

Edited by beecee

• 8 months later...

Absolutely. People probably struggled with descriptives and then there was the low literacy rate.

One aspect that does raise serious questioning is the mention of the red sea. Did they know it was red without observation from above?

12 hours ago, Eponymous said:

One aspect that does raise serious questioning is the mention of the red sea. Did they know it was red without observation from above?

There are bacteria that have a reddish hue which thrive close enough to the surface to get sunlight. You can see it from shore, and don't have to be that high above it.

I don't know if that's how the Red Sea got it's name. That's historically been a pretty bloody part of the world. 

On 23/6/2018 at 11:18 AM, Scott of the Antares said:

I think a lot of evidence that ancient alien subscribers cite can more easily be explained by a previous civilisation that is lost to history.

And even more easily by civilisations not lost to history and human ingenuity.

2 hours ago, Bender said:

And even more easily by civilisations not lost to history and human ingenuity.

Perhaps so, but any anomalous ancient site that seems incongruous with our understanding of the development of civilisation can be more easily explained by a as today unknown civilisation rather than aliens.

Examples would include;

Gobekli Tepi; purposefully buried complex carbon dated to over 10,000 years old when buried.

Twin cities in the Gulf of Cambay under 100 feet of water; last above sea level also around 8-10,000 years ago.

Mountain of Light at Gunung Padang, core samples carbon dated to around 20,000 years ago.

Drilled and grooved blocks at Puma Punku.

Just saying that there are sites around the world that show signs of previous human civilisation that we have little knowledge of, and that some people will wrongly cite these as evidence of aliens.

13 hours ago, Scott of the Antares said:

Perhaps so, but any anomalous ancient site that seems incongruous with our understanding of the development of civilisation can be more easily explained by a as today unknown civilisation rather than aliens.

Examples would include;

Gobekli Tepi; purposefully buried complex carbon dated to over 10,000 years old when buried.

Twin cities in the Gulf of Cambay under 100 feet of water; last above sea level also around 8-10,000 years ago.

Mountain of Light at Gunung Padang, core samples carbon dated to around 20,000 years ago.

Drilled and grooved blocks at Puma Punku.

Just saying that there are sites around the world that show signs of previous human civilisation that we have little knowledge of, and that some people will wrongly cite these as evidence of aliens.

Fair enough. My Atlantis alarm got triggered, but in retrospect, you didn't mention technology level.