Forced acceptance?

AnubisSight

Like several other members here I am not sure what point(s), if any, you are trying to make. The following questions might seem superficially aggressive, but they are intended to help me overcome my present confusion. I hope you will help remove it by addressing the questions.

20 minutes ago, AnubisSight said:

Ok, seeing as how you have read the article, what ARE they saying? What do YOU think they are saying?

What they are saying is adequately captured in their abstract.

• Do you find anything objectionable in the abstract?
  • Do you find anything inaccurate in the abstract?
  • Do you find anything important that is missing from the abstract?
  • In relation to this thread, what do you think is the most important explicit statement (or statements) in the paper?
  • In relation to this thread, what do you think is the most important implicit statement (or statements) in the paper?

5 minutes ago, AnubisSight said:

Do I have obligation to please you? Do you need ME to work everything out for you? Why can no one think for themselves? What does it matter what think? What do YOU think!? That is the reason for the post!!!

It really doesn't matter what you think, but it might be better if you gave some sort of indication that you do think.

Oh ouch. Ill be feeling that for years to come. You are a big man. Very helpful and smart. I can see you add a lot to this great world we have all made together. 

5 minutes ago, Manticore said:

It really doesn't matter what you think, but it might be better if you gave some sort of indication that you do think.

Do you think that everyone and everything is racist? You act like you are such a great person, above everyone... Sad really. You are the one that is in your own world and "la la land". 

14 minutes ago, AnubisSight said:

Do I have obligation to please you?

No, although in the cooperative spirit of good fellowship it would be a nice gesture. However, you do have an obligation to answer bona fide questions directed to you. You agreed to that principle when you signed up to the forum.

16 minutes ago, AnubisSight said:

Do you need ME to work everything out for you?

Not at all, but I am not gifted with telepathy. As I noted in my post I saw nothing odd in the paper. You have hinted at something that could or should disturb us. I am trying to determine what that is. So, while I do not need you work out everything for me, I do need you to explain what it is you are trying to say or ask in this thread.

19 minutes ago, AnubisSight said:

Why can no one think for themselves?

If you just want to trade insults I can probably outgun you, but I'd rather have a constructive conversation.

20 minutes ago, AnubisSight said:

What does it matter what think? What do YOU think!? That is the reason for the post!!!

I think you are being deliberately obtuse. I think you are being rude. I think you are breaking forum rules and breaching internet etiqutte. But none of that has anything to do with the paper cited in the OP.

You want to know what I think, but you have not defined "about what". I've told you what I think about the paper. That has not satsified you, so what is the subject you wish to know my thoughts on? Be precise, be prompt, be polite. Thank you.

49 minutes ago, AnubisSight said:

Ok, seeing as how you have read the article, what ARE they saying? What do YOU think they are saying?

That oxytocin can reduce dislike/fear of the outgroup. 

What do you think it is about?

So far. The people I have run into in this forum are rather rude and obtuse. I have only been here for 2 days and have read more obtuse statements and rude comments than twitter... Forgive me if I respond a bit rude, that is all that has been directed my way on here so far.  

It says Oxytocin helps people be positive to strangers. No surprise.

It seemed from your tone and your writing that you thought 'they' were forcing it on people to control then so as to force them to accept immigration. That clearly isn't what the paper says. You then claim that you do not actually think this, but are still seeming to take some aggressive stance against 'them' for some reason...  so please clarify for us  -  what are you on about?

2 minutes ago, Strange said:

That oxytocin can reduce dislike/fear of the outgroup. 

What do you think it is about?

Yes it is not an ok topic to talk about!? It seems that EVERYONE that came into this post, has a preconceived attitude to HATE. Is it not a good topic to TALK ABOUT without people acting like fools?

Is everyone afraid of political correctness... 

2 minutes ago, DrP said:

It says Oxytocin helps people be positive to strangers. No surprise.

It seemed from your tone and your writing that you thought 'they' were forcing it on people to control then so as to force them to accept immigration. That clearly isn't what the paper says. You then claim that you do not actually think this, but are still seeming to take some aggressive stance against 'them' for some reason...  so please clarify for us  -  what are you on about?

There is a HUGE issue with people today. They are looking for a reason and a solution. That is what I am talking about. 

1 minute ago, AnubisSight said:

and have read more obtuse statements and rude comments than twitter... Forgive me if I respond a bit rude, that is all that has been directed my way on here so far.  

What is rude about questioning your stance on something?...  that's the thing with Twitter....   there are a lot of yes people who will just agree with your conspirasy theory rubbish without questioning it or researching the facts...  this is a science forum so any unsupported claims you make will, rightly, be challenged.  It's how we sort out the made up paranoid drivel from the facts.

5 minutes ago, AnubisSight said:

So far. The people I have run into in this forum are rather rude and obtuse. I have only been here for 2 days and have read more obtuse statements and rude comments than twitter... Forgive me if I respond a bit rude, that is all that has been directed my way on here so far.  

And you all know it. 

8 minutes ago, AnubisSight said:

There is a HUGE issue with people today. They are looking for a reason and a solution. That is what I am talking about. 

1 - what issue are you talking about  -  the world is complicated and there are a lot of issues.

2 - 'They' are looking for a reason and a solution?...  Who exactly? And what solution to what problem? Science remember - you need to define who and what you are talking about. Not just spout some paranoid woo and expect us to understand what you are on about.  -  it 'seemed' that you were claiming people were being forced oxytocin so that they would accept immigrants...  but surely you can't mean that....  I mean, you would come across as totally crazy if that were the case and it said nothing about it in that paper you put forward to support your claims. So - please enlighten us.

Edited by DrP

Mate, so far, the people on here have shown me that they are not worth speaking to. Everyone is very uptight and ridden with hate. The 4 people I have spoken with on here have proven to me that speech of any kind that doesnt agree with their world view is hateful and needed to be stopped. There is no point in wasting time with talking to the people who have engaged thus far. It seems the only reason they did engage was to berate and hate. 

AnubisSight, I can assure you that I do not hate you. I politely asked you some simple questions that you have, so far, refused to answer, but instead responded with rude accussations. What everyone here is asking you is very simple. "What the fuck are you talking about?"

Until you choose to answer that openly, honestly and clearly, people are going to be frustrated by your behaviour. Now please quit the crap and tell us "What the fuck are you talking about?"

Just answer the questions...  nothing you have put forward has held any ground under scrutiny at all. No one is forcing anyone to take oxytocin or drugging them so that they accept immigrants. What has lead you to believe this? Who are you talking to that is putting ideas like this into your brain? -  maybe it is your world view that is wrong and you are worrying for the wrong reasons. It is a possibility.

I can't speak for all, but I think you are confusing people's desire to see wild claims backed by evidence with anger and hate. Just because we don't agree doesn't mean we are angry or hateful...    read back and see - you have jumped into some defensive stance mentally...  might be due to the 'cognitive dissonance' phenomena or something like that  -  it is quite common. Especially if you think the whole world is against you.

Take care anyway - I'm out.

On 8/27/2017 at 9:23 PM, AnubisSight said:

You think it not odd that they speak of forced acceptance of others with the use of this drug?

I do not see anything in the abstract with regards to forcing people to take this drug.

10 hours ago, AnubisSight said:

I never said that the taking of said chemical is enforced. I have read the whole paper. I think you are misunderstanding my stance here. There are many UN papers talking about forced acceptance of refugees and what can be done to make people accept them more. Please read the article! 

Oh, OK, perhaps I read to much in your first quoted statement.

My opinion? Xenophobia is a prime cause of war, fighting, persecution and unjust prejudices against other races or people. As such it is without doubt an undesirable criminal quality of human kind. I certainly am not saying that this drug should be forced on Xenophobics and racists, but it certainly is worth noting that in many parts of the world, irrevocable  male sex offenders that have rejected all normal attempts at reforming their criminality, are forcibly, chemically castrated.

In saying that, I'm still [as it appears do others] uncertain of your question or stance on this issue. On another forum I once participated in, we had many anti science, fanatical IDers, xenophobics, YEC's and such that would try and bull doze their general nonsense onto the rest of the forum, without any scientific evidence to support their stance. They were easy to deal with obviously. But then again we also had the more insideous closeted anti science dudes, IDers, that would pretend to ask questions while at the same time no intention of really accepting any answer. I would certainly hope that given your uncertain stance on your thread, that you are not likewise a closeted  xenophobic or racist, with no intention of really accepting any answer that will rightly criticise any and all forms of xenophobia and racism. I'm sure you are not. I'm sure you agree that this world would be far better off, if all forms of xenophobia and racism, whether religion driven or for any other reason, is eliminated.

Edited by beecee