Russian Bots attack Paul Ryan...

Ten oz

"Russian-linked bots and trolls have caused a surge in use of the hashtag #ResignPaulRyan on Twitter over the last 48 hours, just as the Republican speaker of the House was returning to his home state of Wisconsin for a month-long respite from Washington, D.C. "

"It hasn’t been a common occurrence for the Alliance’s dashboard to pick up on Russian bot activity targeting members of the GOP since the site was launched last week by former FBI special agent Clint Watts. But Ryan wasn’t the only member of Trump’s party to face countless bots demanding his removal. A campaign calling on the president to fire National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster received widespread support from bots and trolls over the last several days using the hashtag #FireMcMaster, eventually getting picked up by some right-wing fake news sites that seem to have the president’s full attention, including Breitbart. "

http://www.newsweek.com/russian-bots-attacking-republican-party-paul-ryan-mcmaster-breitbart-647528

Hmmm........First they came for Hillary Clinton, then they came for the Democratic Party, then they came for the free press, now they've come for Republicans.......and the system might be too broke to stop them!! Trump begrudgingly signed a new round of sanctions designed to punish Russia for interfering with our election in 2016 calling it "seriously flawed". Russia has responding by launching attacks against the National Security Advisor and Speaker of the House. Do Republicans have the strength to stand against this? The President continues to deny any of this has or continues to happen. All things considered, direct collusion or not,  I think it is clear the President is content with empowering Russia's behavior via his (Trump's) denial, attacks against fre press, and refusal to honestly respond diplomatically. What happens if in 2018 Russia succeeds in ousting Congress members they see as obstacles?

The GOP's chickens have come home to roost, perhaps. They were fine with this activity when it benefitted them, but now that they've irked Russia, they feel the sting. This makes sense if helping to get Trump elected was simply a means to an end: destroying traditional democracy. This furthers that goal. 

5 minutes ago, swansont said:

The GOP's chickens have come home to roost, perhaps. They were fine with this activity when it benefitted them, but now that they've irked Russia, they feel the sting. This makes sense if helping to get Trump elected was simply a means to an end: destroying traditional democracy. This furthers that goal. 

Early in Trump's Presidency he directed followers to tune into a specific night Jeanine Pirro's show and she opened that show by calling on Paul Ryan to stepdown due to the initial healthcare vote failures.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/26/us/politics/jeanine-pirro-paul-ryan-trump.html

Whether by random happen stance or collusion it seems Russia cyber attacks continue to align with Trump. I do not preted to know what the long term play is for Russia but it seems bothRussia and Trump would like to see Paul Ryan replaced as speaker of house.

5 hours ago, Ten oz said:

Early in Trump's Presidency he directed followers to tune into a specific night Jeanine Pirro's show and she opened that show by calling on Paul Ryan to stepdown due to the initial healthcare vote failures.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/26/us/politics/jeanine-pirro-paul-ryan-trump.html

Whether by random happen stance or collusion it seems Russia cyber attacks continue to align with Trump. I do not preted to know what the long term play is for Russia but it seems bothRussia and Trump would like to see Paul Ryan replaced as speaker of house.

Whether it is collusion or not, I doubt it is random happenstance. Trump is an enraged bull in a china shop. Undermining anyone who could potentially corral him or ruling up and fostering paranoia amongst those he works with in some capacity is a pretty straightforward way of keeping the trainwreck going.

He doesn't need to be actively cooperating if you can just slap a "kick me" sign on someone's back knowing that he won't be able to help himself.

31 minutes ago, Delta1212 said:

Whether it is collusion or not, I doubt it is random happenstance. Trump is an enraged bull in a china shop. Undermining anyone who could potentially corral him or ruling up and fostering paranoia amongst those he works with in some capacity is a pretty straightforward way of keeping the trainwreck going.

He doesn't need to be actively cooperating if you can just slap a "kick me" sign on someone's back knowing that he won't be able to help himself.

But will the GOP continue to tolerate this? Will conservative voters eventually realize they are supporting an administration which is working against the best interest of the country,founding principles anddemocracy in general? I think the GOP believes that provided they continue to have election wins it is all worth it somehow. Meanwhile I think conservative supporters are stuck in a very stubborn mood where they feel any reconsideration or step backwards is equal to admitting they've been fools. They seem to rather it all collaspe than go back. Like a gambler putting all the chips on one last hand.