Do you think the religion of Islam will ever be respected in a planet where the majority of people are non-Muslims?

Jeremy_phillips

14 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

What are you going to fight? Have you ever met a fundamentalist (whatever the faith)? 

Wake up, the terrorists are waging war on your imagination and in your case, they've won...

Well, fighting in my case takes a form of taking a certain stance, so far. I hope it will stay this way and it wont have to take other forms. Im having christian fundamentalists on a daily basis here where I live. I also spent significant time in Saudi Arabia and have insight on their fundamentalism which is present in every day life - christian fundamentalism is childs play compared, at least at this particular point in time. As for "terrorists waging a war on my IMAGINATION" you might want to rethink that statement as its really hurtful to all the victims of Islamic fundamentalism.

Edited by koti

7 minutes ago, koti said:

Well, fighting in my case takes a form of taking a certain stance, so far. I hope it will stay this way and it wont have to take other forms. Im having christian fundamentalists on a daily basis here where I live. I also spent significant time in Saudi Arabia and have insight on their fundamentalism which is present in every day life - christian fundamentalism is childs play compared, at least at this particular point in time.

Oh please, this is a pathetic argument, besides you're not, actually, fighting them, (like I said, "WAKE UP") you're, actively, helping them.

Edited by dimreepr

6 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Oh please, this is a pathetic argument, besides you're not, actually, fighting them, (like I say, "WAKE UP") you're, actively, helping them.

Before I go loosing it like the time when you tried to convince me of the "wisdom of the holy book", could you explain more clearly what exactly youre trying to tell me by saying that Im f actively helping "them"?

Edited by koti

ISIS has no possible chance of winning anything in a conventional war, as shown in its recent defeats; There's a reason they're called terrorists, it's because that's the only way they could hope to win and it's a war we can't win because of people like you; you're literally spreading their propaganda. 

Edited by dimreepr

So your solution is to pretend there are no terrorists and just live life as if everything is hunky-dory and nothing is happening?
Otherwise they've won ?

You have a strange definition of winning/losing.

1 minute ago, MigL said:

So your solution is to pretend there are no terrorists and just live life as if everything is hunky-dory and nothing is happening?
Otherwise they've won ?

You have a strange definition of winning/losing.

Strawmanning is beneath you; by all means, fight them but that's only possible with intelligence...

17 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

ISIS has no possible chance winning anything in a conventional war, as shown in its recent defeats; There's a reason they're called terrorists, it's because that's the only way they could hope to win and it's a war we can't win because of people like you; you're literally spreading their propaganda. 

Okay, I think I see where youre coming from now, heres where youre wrong;

ISIS and "in your face" terrorism is not what we are discussing here and you are conflicting it with what I wrote so far. Fundamentalism which is present in Saudi's everyday life doesn't stop them from being as much afraid of terrorism as we "westerners" are...if not more - majority of bombing victims in Riyadh in the last decade were Saudi's. Their fear of terrorism doesn't stop them from living a nice little life of public executions, border line nazzi exterminstion of homosexuals, non believers, treating women like garbage and many other aspects of FUNDAMENTALIST life of conservative islamic states. 

I wish you would stop implying that Im spreading "their propaganda" Its a typical stance which an internet lurking ignorant would take without actually having any knowledge of the subject and I think this is beneath you.

Edited by koti

1 minute ago, koti said:

Okay, I think I see where youre coming from now, heres where youre wrong;

ISIS and "in your face" terrorism is not what we are discussing here and you are conflicting it with what I wrote so far. Fundamentalism which is present in Saudi's everyday life doesn't stop them from being as much afraid of terrorism as we "westerners" are...if not more - majority of bombing victims in Riyadh in the last decade were Saudi's. Their fear of terrorism doesn't stop them from living a nice little life of public executions, border line nazzi exterminstion of homosexuals, non believers, treating women like garbage and many other aspects of FUNDAMENTALIST life of conservative islamic states. 

Then you've understood nothing I've written; in certain circumstances, silence is a wise choice.

5 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Then you've understood nothing I've written; in certain circumstances, silence is a wise choice.

Oh really...you think I dont get it do you. "Hate breeds more hate", "Fight evil with good", "Outsmart them instead of giving into the violence" Gee Dimreepr, you are full of yourself. Has it occured to you that you might be the one who doesn't get it?

Edited by koti

7 minutes ago, koti said:

Oh really...you think I dont get it do you. "Hate breeds more hate", "Fight evil with good", "Outsmart them instead of giving into the violence" Gee Dimreepr, you are full of yourself.

WOW that's a strange insult but let me FTFY "Gee Dimreepr, you are full of  at peace with yourself."

Edited by dimreepr

2 minutes ago, MigL said:

Maybe instead of trying to be clever and scoffing at others ideas you could tell us how you would intend to fight the fundamentalist thinking which leads to terror ?

That's easy, ignore them unless you can see the whites of their eyes. You do understand intelligence in this context is not about being clever?

3 minutes ago, MigL said:

Maybe instead of trying to be clever and scoffing at others ideas you could tell us how you would intend to fight the fundamentalist thinking which leads to terror ?

Im not sure if this is directed at me but my idea is to first off spread the knowledge and react to people who are twisting the reality.

1 minute ago, dimreepr said:

WOW that's a strange insult but let me FTFY "Gee Dimreepr, you are full of your at peace with myself."

Yes, this is one area which I envy you on. It certainly is blissful to be at peace with oneself.

1 hour ago, dimreepr said:

Charity not good enough for you?

Charity- in a broad sense- is a characteristic of humans, not of Islam.
Islam certainly didn't invent the concept of helping others. If it had then that would be a way in which Islam had earned respect.

But it didn't. So, while it's a good thing, it isn't a reason to respect Islam.

Would you like to try again?
What has Islam done to deserve respect?

Just now, koti said:

Im not sure if this is directed at me but my idea is to first off spread the knowledge and react to people who are twisting the reality.

Yes, this is one area which I envy you on. It certainly is blissful to be at peace with oneself.

Then stop being afraid, of something you can't possibly change alone, teach others to fear-less then we can all be at peace.

Just now, John Cuthber said:

Charity- in a broad sense- is a characteristic of humans, not of Islam.
Islam certainly didn't invent the concept of helping others. If it had then that would be a way in which Islam had earned respect.

But it didn't. So, while it's a good thing, it isn't a reason to respect Islam.

Would you like to try again?
What has Islam done to deserve respect?

Semantics John!!! They're just people that don't happen to believe what you do, so I rather think it's you that should try again

No it wasn't directed at you, Koti.

But the problem with spreading knowledge is that a large number of Muslims ( and most of their women ) either don't get/are not alowed an education, or get religious teachings.

So how exactly do you spread the knowledge ?

Just now, dimreepr said:

Then stop being afraid, of something you can't possibly change alone, teach others to fear-less then we can all be at peace.

The only thing I'm afraid of is people being at peace with themselves like the germans between late 1920's and late 1930's. Their inner peace and head turning stances led to mayhem. 

Just now, dimreepr said:

Semantics John!!! They're just people that don't happen to believe what you do, so I rather think it's you that should try again

It's not semantics.
What did Islam do to deserve respect?

Hint- they didn't invent charity and it's likely that most of its followers, like most people, would have been charitable independently of any religion- including Islam.

1 minute ago, koti said:

The only thing I'm afraid of is people being at peace with themselves like the germans between late 1920's and late 1930's. Their inner peace and head turning stances led to mayhem. 

You're embarrassing yourself, you conflate peace with inner peace, come on you MUST know the difference.

Do you want to see my own interpretation of the Quran in certain context ?

Google_glass.jpg

Read! In the Name of your Lord, Who has created (all that exists),

Has created man from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood).

Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous,

Who has taught (the writing) by the pen

Has taught man that which he knew not.

Nay! Verily, man does transgress all bounds

Because he considers himself self-sufficient.

Surely! Unto your Lord is the return.

Have you (O Muhammad ()) seen him who prevents,

A slave (Muhammad ()) when he prays?

Tell me, if he (Muhammad ()) is on the guidance (of Allah)?

Or enjoins piety?

Tell me if he denies (the truth, i.e. this Qur'an), and turns away?

Knows he not that Allah does see (what he does)?

Nay! If he  ceases not, We will catch him by the forelock,

A lying, sinful forelock!

Then, let him call upon his council (of helpers),

We will call the guards of Hell (to deal with him)!

Nay! (O Muhammad ())! Do not obey him . Fall prostrate and draw near to Allah!

1 minute ago, MigL said:

No it wasn't directed at you, Koti.

But the problem with spreading knowledge is that a large number of Muslims ( and most of their women ) either don't get/are not alowed an education, or get religious teachings.

So how exactly do you spread the knowledge ?

I'm not claiming to have a complete solution. In a broad sense its obvious that striving towards educating people is the only real way of fighting ignorance.

1 minute ago, John Cuthber said:

It's not semantics.
What did Islam do to deserve respect?

Hint- they didn't invent charity and it's likely that most of its followers, like most people, would have been charitable independently of any religion- including Islam.

So? Anyone who actively seeks to help others should be shown respect. 

If you're not willing to fight for "what is right' then you are supporting "what is wrong'

And other than ignoring 'the wrong', you still haven't told us HOW you would fight it, Dimreeper.