Opinions on God?

dordle-loddle

6 minutes ago, dordle-loddle said:

Do you believe in God? Why?

The universe from 10-43 seconds, post BB, and all we see can be explained reasonably and  and logically without any need for any deity.

God or any deity appears superfluous.

43 minutes ago, dordle-loddle said:

Do you believe in God? Why?

I have seen no evidence of God or any god. If I prayed for something that couldn't be, like fix a broken glass, and it was repaired, that would be evidence. However, none of my prayers have ever been acknowledged. Thus, I'm skeptical, and the world goes on with bad men killing babies. I don't pray for such things; does anyone. If that's the work of god, screw him.

1 hour ago, beecee said:

The universe from 10-43 seconds, post BB, and all we see can be explained reasonably and  and logically without any need for any deity.

God or any deity appears superfluous.

This. God not existing is the null hypothesis.

The universe is a huge mystery to all of us , i guess it is ok to believe in a thing that has created gravity and  all these electrical particles .

Earth with a lot of weight is still not falling down is like one huge mystery in itself ...lol

5 hours ago, bimbo36 said:

Earth with a lot of weight is still not falling down is like one huge mystery in itself ...lol

It stops being a mistery after a basic science course, which teaches us that Earth has no weight (although it has a lot of mass).

1 hour ago, bimbo36 said:

Can you explain a little bit more , because i don't know anything about it .

It is a positive thing that you recognise your ignorance on this matter. It is a negative thing that you think that ignorance extends to everyone else. There is still much that we do not understand about the universe, but a great deal more is known about it than you imagine.

Just some pointers: weight is a measure of the attraction of the Earth for any objects on it. The weight of an object varies depending upon where it is on the Earth and at what altitude and upon the composition of the Earth, especially nearby, because all of these things influence the magnitude of the attraction. It therefore makeslittle sense to talk about the weight of the Earth.

We can talk about its mass, which is a measure of the amount of matter it contains. Look at the articles on weight and mass in wikipedia and ask questions if necessary. But to avoid further derailing of this thread ask them in a new thread.

The definition of weight is the force exerted on a supporting structure. Since Earth is not resting on a supporting structure, but floating around in space (free-falling around the sun, so to speak), it has no weight.

As a general rule of thumb when something is a mystery to you: try to learn before resorting to fantastic stories, which have the danger of preventing future learning.

Well i know it as gravity , but i don't know for sure how gravity works . there fore the mysteriousness .

Massive objects bends space so lesser massive objects float around it ?

How does mass bend nothingness , i have only seen documentaries in youtube explaining these things . but i have not understand what i have read in the books properly . I am not that old and i am only a computer science student

21 minutes ago, bimbo36 said:

How does mass bend nothingness , i have only seen documentaries in youtube explaining these things . but i have not understand what i have read in the books properly . I am not that old and i am only a computer science student

No one knows how. ;-)  but we can measure what happens when masses come together.  Masses attract according to a mathematical equation. The force of attraction depends upon the masses involved and the distance between them...  the further apart they are the less they attract.

5 hours ago, bimbo36 said:

Well i know it as gravity , but i don't know for sure how gravity works . there fore the mysteriousness .

Massive objects bends space so lesser massive objects float around it ?

All mass/energy bends/warps spacetime.....Note spacetime not space. 

Spacetime is simply the multi-dimensional framework within which we locate events and describe the relationships between them in terms of length, breadth height and time. The concept of spacetime follows from the observation that the speed of light is invariant, i.e. it does not vary with the motion of the emitter or the observer.  Intervals of space and time considered separately are not the same for all observers. In GR, gravitation is described and reflected in the GR equations as the warping/curving/bending/twisting of spacetime.

1 hour ago, Baron d'Holbach said:

Because the human man will oppress you and torture you and bring you to submission if you don't. 

Perhaps you missed my signature quote, right below the original poem:

Life is the poetry of the Universe
Love is the poetry of life

You do not possess belief, belief possesses you...

I'm always open to new ideas, I just don't let them crawl into my skull and take a dump... 

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, but illusion of knowledge.” — Stephen Hawking

"In every country and in every age the priest has been hostile to liberty; he is always in allegiance to the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection of his own." ~ thomas jefferson

Religion evaporates in the light of critical inquiry much like the morning dew in the light of the rising sun... 

On 8/3/2017 at 8:34 PM, DrP said:

No one knows how. ;-)  but we can measure what happens when masses come together.  Masses attract according to a mathematical equation. The force of attraction depends upon the masses involved and the distance between them...  the further apart they are the less they attract.

Thanks for explaining .

Edited by bimbo36

1 minute ago, bimbo36 said:

I am mostly an atheist . We have Gods that have been hiding somewhere in the universe all along the human history .So this whole god topic usually become boring after some time .

What?!?!? 

And the evidence for that is? 

You are not an atheist if you believe that btw