A Year Of Age

Is it possible that the human biological clock has been set by a couple million years of human life on a 365-day solar cycle?

If human life were to move to Mars which has a solar period at roughly twice that of Earth's, after another couple million years would it be possible that life would essentially be twice as long as the biological clock slows down, or would I just have to celebrate two birthdays a year?

:confused:

Interesting thoughts. I really have no idea how to answer that, except if I thought long enough I could make something up. Maybe you'd have to talk to a biology expert for that. Good post though. I guess then I'm just replying to put this up to the top of the active list so someone who with more knowledge can answer it, and too raise on up my number of posts (I really think I should get some kind of award for my rapid growth(its seriously like an addiction, I need to stop and start becoming productive right NOW

It would be highly unlikely that it would affect the absolute amount of time you lived. The biological clock is just to achieve peak function at optimal times, theres no reason whatsoever to conclude that it controls length of life.

The 'biological clock' is a 24 hour activity cycle thing (well actually it's slightly over 24hrs iirc, but it gets reset by light levels so it doesn't get wildly out of sync over long periods).

It doesn't have anything to do with aging, which as far as anyone knows is related to repeated cell divisions. Cell division does have its own timing mechanisms, but they are unrelated to the behavioural clock.