Neils Bhor or Albert Einstein

Miseria_

Simple Enough, Who's smarter?

Neils Bhor by far in my opinion, his revoloutionary ideas on quatum mechanics have acctually proved Albert Einstein wrong, and so if Albert Einstein was to acctually accept Quantum Mechanics, then he would have to abandon e=mc^2.

(Warning, Intellect may be required!)

Originally posted by Miseria_

Neils Bhor by far in my opinion, his revoloutionary ideas on quatum mechanics have acctually proved Albert Einstein wrong, and so if Albert Einstein was to acctually accept Quantum Mechanics, then he would have to abandon e=mc^2.

Quantum mechanics don't prove relativity wrong. The theories are both generally correct, just not unified. Quantum gravity is a large area of research that is seeking to unify these theories.

Furthermore, e=mc^2 applies to all particles, including those on the quantum scale and those without mass.

E=mc^2 (or rather it's fuller equation, which I shall not bother to post again) is NOT part of General Relativity (The part of relativity which disagrees with QM).

It is part of SPECIAL relativity, and The Standard Model of Quantum Physics assumes that SPECIAL relativity is valid.

Your post is complete garbage.

See the other thread for another reply on this topic.

fair nuff, i was merely interested in other people beliefs.

And I ultimately believe that both Quantum mechanics and The theory of Realativity both have to many gaps in them to be fully complete, and that they have a bad habit of contradicting each other.

I also beleive that Neils Bhor Deserves more credit for the acheivements he has made.

fair nuff, i was merely interested in other people beliefs.

And I ultimately believe that both Quantum mechanics and The theory of Realativity both have to many gaps in them to be fully complete, and that they have a bad habit of contradicting each other.

I also beleive that Neils Bhor Deserves more credit for the acheivements he has made.

WHICH theory of relativity?

Spec Rel works perfectly fine, and that is the one you've quoted before.

People, do NOT underestimate Einstein.

The Photoelectric effect (explanation of) was his doing. This is a prerequisite for Quantum Physics.

Special Relativity is one of the most elegent physical theories in history.

General Relativity is a masterwork, which has been proven to be empirically correct on every level except the quantum one, and nearly ALL researches into a Grand Unified Theory are assuming that the flaw lies with the Standard Model of Quantum Mechanics, not with General Relativity.

Oh, he also predicted the Einstein-Bose condensates and won the nobel prize.

He's not the 'cleverest man ever' as some people seem to postulate. He did however create some of the most important theories in the history of physics.

Whilst Bohr made important contributions, his achievements are little compared to the above.

Originally posted by Radical Edward

who do you think is then?

You want me to tell you the most intellegent person in human history?

Given that intellegence is qualititative, I'd say it's a stupid question, totally ignoring our lack of information about almost all of the population.

Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri

You want me to tell you the most intellegent person in human history?

Given that intellegence is qualititative, I'd say it's a stupid question, totally ignoring our lack of information about almost all of the population.

heh... the most intelligent known person in science then.

Originally posted by Radical Edward

heh... the most intelligent known person in science then.

That's also a stupid question, because the only way to judge them is by their results, which isn't a good indication of 'intellegence'

Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri

Don't hate me because I'm right.

It's not a matter of right really, I think of it more as a way of avoiding endless circumlocutions to get to the intended question asked. But then even the question "who has made the biggest contribution" is a difficult one in a way. Personally a favourite of mine is actually Thomas Young , though not many people have actually heard of the guy.

and yeap, Euler was fairly prolific, though I didn't realise how much so until I looked him up just now

Einstien is better because he is a Jew.

Another interesting fact: people think Einstien never succeed in achieving a unified theory, actually he did-- on his death bed. The government confiscated the information and much enjoys watching everyone squirm and suffer in confusion.

Another government perpetrate lie: they didn't find anything incredible in Einsteins disected brain------ they actually found severly enlarged nanobioroboticsensor-reciever/transmitor glands--- with traces of radiation that tells us he got the answers from the enlightened spirits of his Jewish anscestry.

I presume your joking? did the government also sneak into my bedroom and steal that 10 quid note i cant find? You know what, come to think of it, it could only have been the US government. an oganisation linked with so many pathetically inept conspiracy theories must be responsible for something right?

it could be a larvae of several things. pizza specials from the chip shop beside my school, packs of ciggarettes, beer, beer, vodka, beer - they all seem to appear whenever 10 quid notes disappear.

just reading over your post, receiving enlightenment from his jewish ancestry is maybe the most ridiculous single claim ever posted on science forums, sarcastic or not. even adams pole shift claims werent as obscure (just).