How can humans fly?

Oasis

Hello, I'm a person who is in her mid teens and wants to understand and make it possible for human kind to fly. Im fully aware of lots of problems with this like how would we connect our nervous system to the wings, would the brain even intake it? And our body mass is much too large I'm very aware on that I also know most people have tried very hard to make it happen I'm simply one who shall carry on that legacy and hope to makeep it happen (:

A man has flown a pedal powered ultra-light aircraft. However, I believe growing wings on a human is beyond current technology. Moreover, making a person with wings, feathers, hollow bones, much smaller body, strong wing muscles, and body changes required to make an organism capable of flight could not be a person as we know them.

You seem to neglect that our bone structure (and that of all vertebrates come to think of it) does not support the addition of 2 additional limbs. What we call arms in our physiology are what are wings in birds and bats.

You'll have to be literally feather light. Eagles themselves have a weight range from around 680g - 9kgs. Then you would need a streamline body. Hollow bones is another aspect. We humans have evolved for land base activities. Unfortunately, the tale of Icarus is a myth. 

EdEarl's answer is spot on. Accept that ultralight planes or some kind of fixed-wing jet suit is as close to personal flight as humans will get. We are not a flappy species, and will never be if we want to keep our big brains.

On ‎26‎-‎7‎-‎2017 at 2:50 PM, DrP said:

what about those funky new winged suits. I guess that is sort of soaring or gliding rather than flying, but still impressive.

Wingsuit flying is the sport of gliding through the air using a wingsuit which adds surface area to the human body to enable a significant increase in lift. It's indeed not flying, but it's a start. :) 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Wingsuit

Edited by Itoero