Welcome to the upgraded SFN

4 hours ago, DrP said:

OK - testing...  gave you a +1...  not registered yet....  will turn it off and then back on again to see if this now works.  I have only noticed this happening over the last couple of days.

The system has acknowledged your +1 to Strange 

Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 11.05.53 AM.png

4 hours ago, DrP said:

Thanks for your help.  +1 for..  oh, hold on I can't. ;-)

Well - what can I say  -  sorry for spamming out too many rep points. lol.

I must admit - I preferred the 3 /day limit to negs and unlimited positives. I like spreading the love. :o)   -   I shall be more discerning with them in future.

We've had a couple of incidents since the upgrade that prompted us to put that cap in place. 

5 minutes ago, swansont said:

The system has acknowledged your +1 to Strange 

Nah - I re-read it and his post made me smile about working in IT, so I gave him another.  I will use them more sparingly in the future though...  I can be a bit trigger happy with dishing out the positive rep..  and as I said, there are probably people that deserve it more.

7 minutes ago, swansont said:

We've had a couple of incidents since the upgrade that prompted us to put that cap in place. 

Sock puppets spamming their main accounts with positive rep?

On 11/24/2017 at 12:18 AM, hypervalent_iodine said:

We did used to be able to cap them separately, but for whatever reason that feature seems to have disappeared in one of the updates. Or I can't find it. 

I am a member of another forum that is not science related at all. It uses the same engine for sure as the forum set ups, even down to the colours, are identical. The only difference I could tell was that their rep is registered publicly...  so when you give someone a point it appears bottom right where the rep is but says 3 likes and lists the people that liked it in brackets...  a bit like facebook.  Being honest, I prefer the anonymity of the way you do it here. 

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
1 hour ago, DrP said:

Is there an issue this week?  I keep getting kicked out and my browser closes. Even if I visit the site without logging in.

I’ve been lurking the forum several times per day all week both from safari and chrome and noticed nothing. If youre on Win10 there was a bunch of big updates this week, maybe look into that.

Edited by koti

12 minutes ago, koti said:

I’ve been lurking the forum several times per day all week both from safari and chrome and noticed nothing. If youre on Win10 there was a bunch of big updates this week, maybe look into that.

K- Thanks.  It is mainly when here at work on the network.  My browser breaks and shuts down after a couple of warnings about the site being broke. I seem to be able to make it work occasionally. Lucky to get on to post this enquiry.

Not Win 10 though I don't think.

Edited by DrP

2 hours ago, DrP said:

K- Thanks.  It is mainly when here at work on the network.  My browser breaks and shuts down after a couple of warnings about the site being broke. I seem to be able to make it work occasionally. Lucky to get on to post this enquiry.

Not Win 10 though I don't think.

Try this and see if you get any indication that theres a network problem between your maschine and scienceforums.net :

1726913342_Zrzutekranu2019-01-1113_44_25.thumb.png.dbae853363cc6d3c75b77158abdf391a.png

Edited by koti