Is It Possible To Remove The Reproductive Organs From A Deceased Women And Grow A Baby?

BlackVien

A friend and I were having a late night conversation and we were talking about stem cells and the benefits of them and one of us thought, "Is it possible to remove a deceased women's reproductive organs and use it to grow a baby in it?" We were thinking if there was a way to keep blood going through it and get it the hormones needed to grow a baby, it would be theoretically possible. We are aware there are artificial wombs and that they do work. We were just wondering if it would be possible to do with an actual womb outside of the female body.

The reproductive organs (uterus etc) would have to be extracted immediately after death. Many organs are donated and then implanted into other bodies, but it depends on the blood type of the receiver too. But if you're saying as to keep the organs alive without implantation,How would you provide it blood and that to in sufficient amounts?

16 hours ago, LabRat1 said:

The reproductive organs (uterus etc) would have to be extracted immediately after death. Many organs are donated and then implanted into other bodies, but it depends on the blood type of the receiver too. But if you're saying as to keep the organs alive without implantation,How would you provide it blood and that to in sufficient amounts?

Like you said it would have to be taken out immediately, so while it is being taken out just take some blood from the body if it is still good, and for circulating it, you could possibly make a artificial heart and lungs to pump and oxygenate the blood. (I know there is much more to it but I am just a high school student about to go into Bio-medical science so I don't know too much on stuff like this yet.) Like I said this was something random me and my friend thought of. It's a weird idea but interesting to think about.

2 hours ago, BlackVien said:

Like you said it would have to be taken out immediately, so while it is being taken out just take some blood from the body if it is still good, and for circulating it, you could possibly make a artificial heart and lungs to pump and oxygenate the blood. (I know there is much more to it but I am just a high school student about to go into Bio-medical science so I don't know too much on stuff like this yet.) Like I said this was something random me and my friend thought of. It's a weird idea but interesting to think about.

I just graduated high school. Hang in there! So anyways, what I feel that if you need to circulate blood you'll probably need to some how maintain the blood of the deceased. That or take regular blood from a close relative or some one with the same blood type (taking Rhesus factor into account too). If blood isn't being changed regularly, you would also require some excretory system(like dialysis or something).Apart from that you would also require a circulatory system as well (as you mentioned).

And also you would require a respiratory system to supply oxygen and remove carbon dioxide. You would need some way to provide nutrition. And don't forget that you would need some way to inject hormones (estrogen, progesterone, testosterone etc) and control it's levels for the growth of the child.