Devils influence to the world

Randolpin

The devil has influenced all aspect of our world today. What is your respond to this?

Please provide evidence that a devil exists.

Please provide evidence that this devil has any influence on the world.

The devil has influenced all aspect of our world today. What is your respond to this?

All aspects? That would mean he's both a very busy man and that he's highly schizophrenic. Are you saying that fluffy little bunnies are the work of the Devil?

Their vacuums aren't horrible, but TBH this sounds like some nonsense straight from their marketing team.

pACE-964099dt.jpg

What if we consider the devil to be a metaphor for those individuals, behaviours and beliefs that are "evil", or at least "up to no good"? On that basis then the devil would certainly appear to be active and widespread. However, the way to fight that devil is not by shifting the blame to a mythical entity, but by dealing directly with the individuals, behaviours and beliefs that are the problem. Pretending the devil is real simply exacerbates the real problem.

What if we consider the devil to be a metaphor for those individuals, behaviours and beliefs that are "evil", or at least "up to no good"? On that basis then the devil would certainly appear to be active and widespread. However, the way to fight that devil is not by shifting the blame to a mythical entity, but by dealing directly with the individuals, behaviours and beliefs that are the problem. Pretending the devil is real simply exacerbates the real problem.

What if we consider the devil to be a metaphor, for those we can't forgive or understand?

Why not include things like bone cancer in children?

Or child abuse. I just read in the news this morning about a 3 month old infant found in the forest being eaten alive by ants. Lets pray it goes away, Randolphin are you with me?

My first response would be that you forgot the apostrophe in the title. Did the Devil make you do that?

If we take the view that you are talking about the modern Christian view of the Devil then my response would be that the Devil's influence must be the will of God- because He knew what would happen if He introduced the Devil.

It's a bit like wondering why God put the snake in the garden of Eden.

Was He too dumb to realise what would happen, or did he want all the evil in the world?

His decision; His fault.

Realistically, things like that make it clear that the Scriptures were written by people, not any sort of God.

Why not include things like bone cancer in children?

Because that would have seemed, to me, incidental to my central point. All categories (individuals, behaviours and beliefs) that I proposed are humans, or a product of human agency.

I suppose we could extend my argument slightly and say the belief that bone cancer in children is the devil's work would inhibit our search for the real cause.

My underlying thought remains: belief in the devil (and, perhaps, belief in god) represents an effort to shift responsibility from ourselves.

@Strange and Sensei - I believe Sensei may not be a native English speaker. Consequently he may have used "tremendously" as a synonym for "significantly". I hope you would agree that the atmospheric nuclear tests from the 40's through to the early 60's did significantly increase the risk of thyroid cancer in children who drank milk. It seems to me that was the point Sensei was making.

Sorry , let me change. Not all aspects....

The devil is not only metaphorical but also spiritual. We are undergoing spiritual battle between good and evil. I want to share guys that the status of our world today is already prophesies in the bible.

!

Moderator Note

Discussion of cancer has been split. Let's try and stay closer to the topic under discussion

http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/107993-radiation-and-cancer-split-from-devils-influence/

Sorry , let me change. Not all aspects....

The devil is not only metaphorical but also spiritual. We are undergoing spiritual battle between good and evil. I want to share guys that the status of our world today is already prophesies in the bible.

Let's have the prophesies, then.

It's in the bible if you are prepared to take just 5% of it... do some weird interpreting of the text and selecting only what fits your narrative.

There is no evidence of this... so what that the bible predicts certain things? So did Nostradamus and other people/books.... some came true and some didn't. Just saying 'it's in the bible' doesn't cut it... there are lots of things in the bible... a lot of it terribly and demonstrably wrong.

I think religion has negatively influenced your ability to think critically.

I would say that religion has nothing to do with me. Religions of this world are only approximations of the true religion or more worse, deviations of the true religion.Brother/sister, I would rather say that my relationship with Christ has positvely change my life. Now, I almost clearly understand why this is our reality. The reality we live. It is not just merely a blind faith there is also reason why I believe and hold my faith.

It's in the bible if you are prepared to take just 5% of it... do some weird interpreting of the text and selecting only what fits your narrative.

There is no evidence of this... so what that the bible predicts certain things? So did Nostradamus and other people/books.... some came true and some didn't. Just saying 'it's in the bible' doesn't cut it... there are lots of things in the bible... a lot of it terribly and demonstrably wrong.

The most obvious is the effect of sin in our lives. Example of it is self-pride. Now, some people rejected their view of God, and they only consider it as fairytale or mythology. They rely on their own reason in understanding reality. Another depiction of self-pride is the illuminati. They are the so called enlightened ones. They rely on their own intelligence or self. Members of illuminati as what I know sold their souls to the devil to achieve temporary glory or self-pride. This somewhat fits the verse of the bible.

The most obvious is the effect of sin in our lives. Example of it is self-pride. Now, some people rejected their view of God, and they only consider it as fairytale or mythology. They rely on their own reason in understanding reality. Another depiction of self-pride is the illuminati. They are the so called enlightened ones. They rely on their own intelligence or self. Members of illuminati as what I know sold their souls to the devil to achieve temporary glory or self-pride. This somewhat fits the verse of the bible.

!

Moderator Note

Post some prophesies, and provide some concrete evidence, or I close this. This is not a conspiracy forum, and not your pulpit.

That sounds like a good thing, rather than a sin. Why did your god make us rational if we weren't supposed to use rational thought?

Brother/sister, it is okay to rely on their own reason as long as their goal is to know God or glorify God rather than not.

Brother/sister, it is okay to rely on their own reason as long as their goal is to know God or glorify God rather than not.

But rational thought leads me to the conclusion that your god does not exist. So there is nothing to glorify. The same is true of all the other gods in other religions, so don't feel you are being treated unfairly.