Calcium Concentration

Guest cannomlo

Guest cannomlo

Could any one tell me the process of experimentally increasing and deacreasing calcium concentration.

EDTA will be titrated with milk, water, and bodily fluid to find the Calcium concentration.

I need to alter the sample to either increase the concentration of calcium or decrease the concentraion and titrate the sample again with EDTA to find the new concentration of Calcium

Could any one tell me the process of experimentally increasing and deacreasing calcium concentration.

EDTA will be titrated with milk, water, and bodily fluid to find the Calcium concentration.

I need to alter the sample to either increase the concentration of calcium or decrease the concentraion and titrate the sample again with EDTA to find the new concentration of Calcium

EDTA will not only attach itself to Ca cations but also the Mg and Al ions as well. So if you are specificly looking for the concentration of calcium cations then you will need to use another indicator. But if you are looking for total water hardness then the EDTA will work fine. To dilute the samples just use a volumetric flask and pipettte, dilute with distilled water.

~Scott

Guest cannomlo
EDTA will not only attach itself to Ca cations but also the Mg and Al ions as well. So if you are specificly looking for the concentration of calcium cations then you will need to use another indicator. But if you are looking for total water hardness then the EDTA will work fine. To dilute the samples just use a volumetric flask and pipettte' date=' dilute with distilled water.

~Scott[/quote']

My Teacher told me that there is a good experimental way that i would be able to modify the calcium concentration of my sample that would be a litte more complicated than just adding distilled water. And i should modify it so i can predict the change it will make to the concentration. If you know other ways to change the concentration please let me know. THank you very much