Game of Thrones

Itoero

3 hours ago, Itoero said:

I loved the last episode. No significant plot holes...it was  79 minutes of entertainment.

Hide contents

Where does Cersei get the gold to refund the Iron Bank and buy the Golden Company? Daenarys destroyed the High Garden loot...

Spoiler

Didn't Jamie/Bronn send a convoy with the gold before Dany attacked the loot?

44 minutes ago, Sicarii said:
  Hide contents

Didn't Jamie/Bronn send a convoy with the gold before Dany attacked the loot?

Spoiler

That might be but definitely not everything. Just before Dany attacked, Jamie gave a bag with golden coins to Bronn and during a conversation with Bronn, Jamie said: "These are not my riches, they belong to the Iron Bank."   I don't think much of the loot reached Cersei. The Iron Bank plays Cersei and probably rented the Golden Company which will turn against Cersei&co once they arrive.

Spoiler

I thought they got all the booty laden baggage trains to safety before the attack. It was the army that was straggling behind (Tarly wanted to whip them to get them moving faster by Jamie said they fought well so give them a break).

8 hours ago, Prometheus said:
  Hide contents

I thought they got all the booty laden baggage trains to safety before the attack. It was the army that was straggling behind (Tarly wanted to whip them to get them moving faster by Jamie said they fought well so give them a break).

Spoiler

That's correct, I just saw that part again. Randyll Tarly said that all the gold got safely trough  the gates of King's landing. I still think the Iron Bank is playing a double game. Their goal is not to sponsor people.

• 3 weeks later...

I read the first book when it first came out in 1996 and they're much, MUCH better than the show. Anyone who thinks Jon and Danaerys are going to live happily ever after making little Targ babies hasn't been paying attention. 

The show is an entertaining diversion, but the last few seasons are nothing but fanfiction--the showrunners apparently have scoured every fansite looking for ideas, trying to please mostly the show-only fans. In the books, the situation is much more complicated. They've killed off characters who are very much alive in the books and haven't even included several. 

4 hours ago, Prometheus said:

They are pretty much different stories now. I don't think we'll ever see the books completed unfortunately - 21 years so far and the guy is about 70.

Although the character arcs stray or diverge in different directions, Dan and Dave have discussed and agreed with GRRM the ultimate ending will be the same as the books.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...