ok..Another question..let's see who gets this one!

Govind

Hi guys...

...Not that I'm a Quiz Master or somethin..lol...but let's see who gets this one!!

ok...u know when a cell divides...into 2(mitosis) or 4(meiosis) cells.the cells so formed are called daughter cells. My question is why do we call them daughter cells and not "son" cells!??

I used to so bug my science teacher with this question when i was in 8th standard i rem!!! :)

Females are generally considered to be the ones who "create" new life, since human females are the ones who give birth to children. Since the daughter cells will eventually divide and create new "progeny," by the simplistic definition of gender above, they must be female.

Hmm...big brains Yg..right u are!!!..but in the formation of the female gametes....3 cells degerate(read do not give rise to furhter progeny) and only the 4th one mature, divides and gives rise to the individual....

...so don u think the other 3 should be called son cells??