Is anyone suspicious about an after life

Handy andy

Folks, this is not meant to be taken seriously

The thread is ment to be about exploring the possibility of an afterlife, or something for my novel. Either way it is not about your views on ther state of religion or the world.

The fact science has no evidence of an afterlife does not make it a fact. Scientiscts had no knowledge of super waves until one came up and hit a gas platform. They had been observed by mariners for centuries before scientiscts discovered them. It took a blow on the head for newton to discover gravity :) Everyone else on the planet knew the earth sucked, and they couldnt fall off.

Speculating A lump of meat on the table will distort space around it causing a gravitational field which travels out into space. This same argument stands for farmers who are outstanding in their own field, like some scientists would like to be. An electrical impulse also has a field associted with it, which will effect space around it. These are all distortions in space of one form or another. Gluons are a virtual particle off a different type to the fabled graviton, which is a 2 spin boson (or easier to picture a quantised 3 dimensional stress field which moves outwards from the source of the disturbance caused by matter or other the movement of other bosons).

I asked people to speculate ref a messanger particle or wave that could transmit information across the universe. No one has bit, but if this could be done the wave would need to be reconstituted as a 3 d hologram, like the evil emperor in star wars or something. How much info could be contained in a virtual wave travelling through space, and could it be reconstruted.

Is there any way nature could reconstruct a wave and create a hologram, a roman Legion in the Crypt of York Minster for instance :)

This planet is mostly garbage in my opinion and I agree with George Carlin that religion is mostly bullshit.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Essay:Why_religion_is_bullshit

Is there any religion that is not based on bullshit :) Science perhaps :)

The thread is ment to be about exploring the possibility of an afterlife, or something for my novel. Either way it is not about your views on ther state of religion or the world.

If there's an afterlife, why can't I remember my previous one?

Folks, this is not meant to be taken seriously

I doubt anyone here does, but we can discus it seriously.

Or at least, logically.

I cant remember exactly what happened last night, never mind an afterlife. :) even though there was a logical chain of events starting with impromptu folk music and alcohol and multiple languages and laughter.

What might be interesting to discuss is the possibility of life after death, in terms of what "might" with a following wind and a lot of tongue in cheek "may" be possible.

With little or no brain, too much vitamin k, oxygen difficiency, cognitive ability is not quite the same. Life after death is not going to be full of genius life forms if in any way it is possible at all.

Virtual fields travelling outwards into space such as gravity will carry on indefinately slowly diminishing. The graviton is a theoretical particle. Particle is probably not the best word for virtual particles, messenger particles are fields which only exist whilst the particles (fields) which created them exist, they then normally have a very short life time.

Chickens and eggs, which came first (question mark)

A living life form does not exist without electrical stimuli (fluctuating fields), not even plants or bacteria would live.

Once a living lifeform stops working it no longer responds to electrical stimuli (fluctuating fields).

For life to exist where does it get its fluctuating field (question mark), could the field already exist :).

Could any kind of life form or energy fluctuations exist, that we cant normally detect. Space life thingy sort of thing:) (question mark)

We are all automatons responding to external inputs, could a fluctuating field respond to external inputs and slam doors repeatedly (see post 1 :) )

For me when the bell tolls it generally indicates last orders and time to go to home. Does it have other connitations for someone whose picture is a crusader (catholic) and carries a sythe. :)

Many times I feel that the faster humanity gets wiped out from this planet the better.

Humans are the biggest psychos this planet has ever seen. We abuse animals and we also abuse and kill each other.

So the faster we disappear the better.

Edited by seriously disabled

Further musings

At what point is something considered lifeless, is it when the electrical activity has completely stopped.

Running around like a headless chicken, is a term based on actual behaviour chickens, seen when they are being killed. Normally chickens are killed by breaking there necks, occasionally the head is accidentaly pulled off. The chicken minus head runs and flaps around on the floor for around a minute or so before it stops flapping. Stories of headless horsemen riding there horses through battlefields may well be based on a similar effect.

Corpses sitting up in coffins in funeral homes can be unnerving, this why I understand funeral homes like to nail the lids on. But how about this little annecdote, a friend of mine caught a dozen crayfish and brought them around to eat at a barbecue 24 hours after he had killed them with a spear gun, the heads were removed and shell cut open the crayfish were applied with garlic butter and put onto the barbecue with the legs up. When they started to cook the legs frantically started running, if they had been the other way up they would have escaped the barbecue.

People who are brain dead on life support can twitch making relatives think there relative is still alive. A bacteria which is living doesnt move this much.

Whilst I have never seen a chicken or pig move in an oven or on a spit whilst being cooked, I got to wondering what happens once a corpse has gone into a crematorium oven, does it start twitching as it is burned.

Does anyone care how your remains disposed off. Will your friends decide for you and give you a surprise.

People who undergo heart transplants apparently adopt some of the likes of the person they had the transplant from. a lady who detested football prior to a transplant found she loved it afterwards, apparently the young man whos heart she had was a football fanatic.

Hope you all enjoyed the thread.

Many times I feel that the faster humanity gets wiped out from this planet the better.

Humans are the biggest psychos this planet has ever seen. We abuse animals and we also abuse and kill each other.

So the faster we disappear the better.

Speak for yourself, I don't do any of those things.

Speak for yourself, I don't do any of those things.

I didn't say you did.

It's just that many people on the Internet and also in real life have abused me in the past so sometimes I just feel like I could just leave this planet and go to live in a better place where people are nicer and won't abuse me or neglect me.

While I'm not trying to play the victim I just wish there was a better place out there (somewhere) where people are nicer and not abusive, selfish and neglectful.

Lets face it. Many people on the Internet are abusive and selfish.

In some Internet forum some guy offended me and told me that I am too ugly to get sex and intimacy from beautiful girls.

And this is not the first time that someone offends me and calls me ugly on the Internet or in real life too.

So many times I just wish that I could leave this planet and find a better and nicer place to live in, a place where there is no pain, suffering, sadness or misery.

Edited by seriously disabled

I didn't say you did.

It's just that many people on the Internet and also in real life have abused me in the past so sometimes I just feel like I could just leave this planet and go to live in a better place where people are nicer and won't abuse me or neglect me.

While I'm not trying to play the victim I just wish there was a better place out there (somewhere) where people are nicer and not abusive, selfish and neglectful.

You think you're the only one to suffer abuse and neglect?

I don't want to belittle your pain (you have choices) but the sooner you stop being the victim, the sooner you'll realise that no-one is more motivated to help you than you; you can't regress to a baby, the beard ain't fooling no-one, so your only option is to grow up and help yourself.

Lets face it. Many people on the Internet are abusive and selfish.

In some Internet forum some guy offended me and told me that I am too ugly to get sex and intimacy from beautiful girls.

And this is not the first time that someone offends me and calls me ugly on the Internet or in real life too.

So many times I just wish that I could leave this planet and find a better and nicer place to live in, a place where there is no pain, suffering, sadness or misery.

Yes I do understand the irony, whichever way you meant it.

No there is no such thing

I also think all the religions are a bullshit like George Carlin says .

And also there is nothing mysterious about this space we live in

Edited by bimbo36

For the sake of repeating myself,

This is not meant to be taken seriously.

The thread is meant to be about exploring the possibility of an afterlife.

The fact science has no evidence of an afterlife does not make it a fact. Scientists had no knowledge of super waves until one came up and hit a gas platform. They had been observed by mariners for centuries before scientists discovered them. It took a blow on the head for newton to discover gravity :) Everyone else on the planet knew the earth sucked, and they could not fall off. As it turns out this might actually be more correct than people realise.

Speculating A lump of meat on the table will distort space around it causing a gravitational field which travels through space. An electrical impulse also has a field associated with it, which will effect the space around it. These are all distortions in space of one form or another. Gluons are a virtual particle off a different type to the fabled graviton, which is a 2 spin boson (or easier to picture a quantised 3 dimensional stress tensor field which moves outwards from the source of the disturbance caused by matter or other the movement of other bosons).

Is there any conceivable way virtual or real particles of any kind originating from the electrical activity of a life form could continue to exist after death or the electrical activity ceased? Since this is a science forum, could anyone expand on yes or no answers adding some reasoning, it might be interesting.

For the sake of repeating myself,

This is not meant to be taken seriously.

The thread is meant to be about exploring the possibility of an afterlife.

There's nothing to explore, whatever the level of brevity, I can't remember my previous life and I've no reason to think my next life will remember this one, thus rendering it's existence moot. :)

OTOH Dr Who has an afterlife worth having, we could discus that. :)

There's nothing to explore, whatever the level of brevity, I can't remember my previous life and I've no reason to think my next life will remember this one, thus rendering it's existence moot. :)

OTOH Dr Who has an afterlife worth having, we could discus that. :)

This is a very serious subject for some and so should at least justify some speculation.

Star trek I always found to be more realistic than Dr Who, which I am convinced is just fiction :)

Lightning balls can pass through walls, and come in various sizes. Ghosts apparently can as well :). A lightning ball is most likely a semi stable particle consisting of fundamental particles in a plasma state or virtual particles, as a result of a lightning strike, that has passed, ie is no more :(

Electrically charged atmospheres can make your hair stand on end and give you the shivers, as can ghosties if you see one :)

Amuse yourselves, the afterlife is very important to some individuals and if it could be explained to suicide bombers that by blowing them selves up they have zero chance of an afterlife, it might make them stop and think before blowing themselves up :( What use can 40 virgins be if your ghost is mush and you have blown essential bits off :(

Edited by Handy andy

There has never been a single piece of evidence that proves anything like a ghost or an external spirit from the human body, out side of what are easily explainable as errors of vision/illusions, wind, hoaxes or hysteria. No claims have ever been repeated, no produced evidence has ever stood up to scrutiny or critique.

This is a very serious subject for some and so should at least justify some speculation.

Like I've explained the question is moot, it's almost like you've got a different agenda?

Amuse yourselves, the afterlife is very important to some individuals and if it could be explained to suicide bombers that by blowing them selves up they have zero chance of an afterlife, it might make them stop and think before blowing themselves up :( What use can 40 virgins be if your ghost is mush and you have blown essential bits off :(

There we go...

Edited by dimreepr

Being an atheist, I am comfortable with your answer.

I tend to agree with you. BUT, I cant help it, its not my fault :)

Most ghost stories are anecdotal, and amusing to tell people.

Anecdotal evidence presented in a court, is enough in some countries to get you shot, electrocuted etc. If a scientist hasn't verified some ones claims should people be convicted. What constitutes evidence. Does an imaginary or otherwise ghost have to appear on Q for a scientist to take measurements for it to be evidence :) How could a scientist detect something if he/she doesn't have a clue what they are trying to detect. If gravitons or virtual particles cant be detected can scientists even hope to have machines that can detect ghosties.

Speculating could virtual fields constitute a virtual particle, that stays in existence after some one has died in any way conceivable. ? This is a very important question for many people and should be taken seriously. :)

Star trek I always found to be more realistic than Dr Who, which I am convinced is just fiction :)

SSSHHHHH... are trying to cause a fight???!!

This is a very important question for many people and should be taken seriously. :)

And I support their right to take seriously whatever they like (within excepted limits), but the same right means I don't have too...

SSSHHHHH... are trying to cause a fight???!!

OK you think doctor Who reincarnates. Please explain using physics how doctor Who has multiple lives, and you can add how is the Tardis bigger on the inside than it is on the outside, and why a telephone box.

OK you think doctor Who reincarnates. Please explain using physics how doctor Who has multiple lives

Of course, I'm a Brit, the scientific term is regenerate :P...

and you can add how is the Tardis bigger on the inside than it is on the outside,

Time And Relative Dimensions In Space - TARDIS enough said...

and why a telephone box.

The chameleon circuit got stuck :doh:

Edited by dimreepr

Of course, I'm a Brit, the scientific term is regenerate :P...

Time And Relative Dimensions In Space - TARDIS enough said...

The chameleon circuit got stuck :doh:

You still have not explained how WHO regenerates (reincarnates, recycles etc) :)

Space is caused by fields, no fields = no space. A larger field can not be made to fit inside a phone box, creating more space. Relativity doesn't come into it, Dr Who is based on fiction or pseudo science, it isn't real. The expansion of space inside a box is just silly :)

Do you have any conceivable notion of how a WHO could regenerate, to try and stay on thread.

Edited by Handy andy

You still have not explained how WHO regenerates (reincarnates, recycles etc) :)

Space is caused by fields, no fields = no space. A larger field can not be made to fit inside a phone box, creating more space. Relativity doesn't come into it, Dr Who is based on fiction or pseudo science, it isn't real. The expansion of space inside a box is just silly :)

Do you have any conceivable notion of how a WHO could regenerate, to try and stay on thread.

Oh I'm sorry, but you did ask and it is your thread, as for the tardis, there is this:

As a consequence, a copy of the original space X lives inside hyperspace CL(X).

The immortal jelly fish can, why not Dr Who?

Edited by dimreepr

Oh I'm sorry, but you did ask and it is your thread, as for the tardis, there is this:

The immortal jelly fish can, why not Dr Who?

Maths can model what can happen in the physical world, a theory does not dictate what happens unless it is based on facts. The tardis only works on paper for a mathematician not in the real world.

I did not know about the immortal Jellyfish, that is interesting. However "it is life as we know it", still living, and not dead as would be required for life after death. I bet it is not immortal when washed onto a beach, even though it can repeatedly return to its child hood.

I am finished with this thread now, and have more interesting things to do ie live life. So if any one else would like to carry on posting please feel free to do so, but do not expect me to answer.

Life is not a practice run, live it well, and you don't need another one. :) If you screw it up, you won't get a second chance :(

Bye

Edited by Handy andy

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2017 at 11:48 PM, Handy andy said:

Do any religious people have a take on the views given on the thread.?

I can't see why a religious person would be on this forum. Don't get me wrong, there are a few people out there who might indulge into science, but I don't think they'd come this far. Or they might be here on this thread, secretly learning our art and plotting it against us.....waiting for an opportunity to strike...MODERATORS, I DEMAND A THOROUGH SEARCH!

On 23/07/2017 at 6:45 PM, LabRat1 said:

I can't see why a religious person would be on this forum.

Many scientists are religious. Many people interested in science are religious. Why would they be any less likely to be on this forum thant those who are not religious?

Your viewpoint appears rather narrowminded. That's not scientific. One might almost be tempted to ask why someone with a narrowminded viewpoint would be on the forum. But I'll resist the temptation. You're not Richard Dawkins by any chance?