hardest AP course?

beachbum

the chem ap was easy and i didnt even have to take the class :D

bc calc is pretty brutal at my school, although everyone gets 5s on the exam, so i guess it's just the way we teach it. however, ap physics supposedly is the most difficult class at our school. it depends on who teaches it. the ap physics b and c exams are supposedly very difficult, compared to other exams. of course, the b is probably difficult because we don't have a class that entirely prepares us for it

What is an AP exam?

I'm only in grade 9 and love the thought of me sleeping away happily as you guys work your butts off!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

Sadly, I lose my sleep when I remember that one day I will be in the same position as you guys. Ahhh....I am fortune's fool!!!

I found AP Chem the hardest, but I think that's because we had to go through the whole thing in half a school year because our princple sucked and didn't want to give us the whole year. Sad thing is, next year (since our principle quit), it's a full year course, I just took it a year to early. I found AP Calc really easy

No way... usually all you have to get is around an 80% (what my calc and bio teacher said) and you'll get a 5. They give you a score after they grade all of them and they go by a certain percentile where they cut it off (at least that is what my teacher told us). I thought BC Calc was pretty easy... didnt hafta put much effort in it, just did the assigned hw and that was it. I've heard physics was easy except the physics C has some difficult to apply math in it. For me, so far, Biology has been the hardest (I've only had two AP classes so far though:) ). AP bio was hard for me because I hadn't had regular Bio like everyone else in my school had. From what I hear from everyone else at my school is that AP chem is the hardest... fortunately it's tied for my best subject with math so I shouldn't have tooo many problems with it.

I think in the end it comes down to

1. Who teaches it and

2. Whether you're capable in that subject field

If you get the most horrible dumbest teacher in the world as I do my AP Physics C teacher (who now has been fired) ~.~, then life for you in that class will be hell. If you are a naturally talented mathematician, even Calculus BC will be trivial, and I remember most of the people in my class received 5. Subjects like Macro and Micro Economics maybe impossible for some but a breeze for others. I don't think you should take up subjects based on what other people say of them. Look at yourself and find what interests you (especially later in college or even as a career), and most importantly, do you like the instructor teaching that course.

Back when I took my AP Exams (1997-1998) I only took the English Literature, Chemistry, US History, and Calculus exams. Chemistry was an utter joke and the Calculus was no problem either. English Literature was a bit rough, and U.S. History was a pain in the ass. I got a 5 on chemistry and Calculus and a 4 on the rest, but the History one just drove me bonkers.

• 2 years later...