Remote Control Invasion of Area 51

NavajoEverclear

Wow nobody posts in this section very often. Well here is my big engineering feat---- and I think it could possibly be not very expensive.

OK, finding Area 51 is not difficult, just look up the road, and drive down it until you get to the sign that says lethal force will be used against tresspassers. Well I think i got a way to get past the sign---- remote control. Obviosly simple radio wont suffice, because there's probably no safe or legal place to get close enough range----- so what about remote control by satellite?

I am definately not buying a satellite- so what if you could adapt existing equiptment to do a different function? OK this likely needs very expensive materials, but it is surely possible. My first idea was to use my TV satellite, but after thinking that through, the dish is both the reciever and transmittor, so theres not really a way to seperate it and attach it to small aircraft. And then again, does the satellite really transmit anything, or does it just choose what to recieve? My next idea was XM radio--- but you got some of the same complications there.

My next idea was cell phones--- you got problems with losing the signal but if I was an electronics master (which I would have to be to engineer such a device) i could probably program in an autopilot program to kick in during such times. My idea for a craft is a helicoptor, so that program could just set it to hover. The biggest problem with cell phones is that they keep record of who buys cell phones ---- they could track me down, they'd probably be able to track me down anyway, but that'd be too easy. My solution to that problem is,since this idea requires adaptation of existing devices, the device could be designed so any cellphone could be plugged in.

My final idea for the medium of adaptation, not really much diff. from cellphones---- is Nextels new coast to coast walkie-talkies, which must run through satellite to do so.

Another problem about all of this is power--- that could be remedied by launching the aircraft from somewhere in Nevada, or from my house in Utah, it could have a battery to start with and then a solar power back up. The other engineering thought I have is after going through all the trouble of adapting existing equiptment---- is there an easier way? Could you build you own device completely to recieve and transmit through satellite waves already bombarding the earth?

The final matter--- once I fly this baby into Area 51 what does it do? Obviouly it will be caught---- and it would take a few trys at this to obtain any information probably----- and after a few times, if not by the first time--- I will be caught---- the government has that much power.

So tell me what you think about my idea, and if you are rich enough to pull this off in full scale, fill free to do it, don't worry about including me, hopefully we'll see it on the news. If not just tell us here your results.

Alternately, you can ask fafalone for his confidential photos of area 51 which "does not exist" according to our government. :P

I saw a show on TLC about the base once. That place is so secure its scary. They've got sensors in the ground that can detect even small animals creeping around. They had some footage of a guy driving along the road that leads to the facility who was stopped by an armored hummer with a mounted machine gun. They also showed some footage of a small plane that was flying in legal airspace with a distant view of the facility which was met by two F-16 fighter jets who threatened to shoot him down. I think the government moved to a new facility though.

But yea, back on topic.

You'd have to create a self-destruction device. They could probably trace back to where the parts were purchased and ultimately hunt you down. From what it looks like, people who talk openly about area 51 disappear rather quickly.

So what's the real deal with Area 51? Based on the media, which is all I've been exposed to about this topic, it's like some Alien research base, or something along those sorts. Is that really what it is?

Originally posted by NSX

So what's the real deal with Area 51? Based on the media, which is all I've been exposed to about this topic, it's like some Alien research base, or something along those sorts. Is that really what it is?

Heh, I don't know about aliens, but the stealth bomber was developed there.

There are lots of "UFO" sightings in the area, but what would you expect, it being a government research site.

thanks guys a lot for your input, self destruct mode is a definate nessesity, its a good thing I got you consultation. As for the matter of the base still being used, I saw a recent Discovery channel special on Area 51 showing that it is still active--- it seemed to not have been for a while, but it is now. A satellite which can somehow legal view the area shows major changes and additions in structures--- and that the parking lot is full of cars. Also theres a guy who plants a strong telescope on the nearest legal mountain and watches trucks drive back and forth inside the base (i guess all the exciting stuff is concealed, so my idea might be profitless for anything except novelty). To find anything really useful would i would have to do a full blown project which I absolutely do not have the money for. (or the guts to be secretly tortured and terminated by the government if it fails to keep our(i'd definately need a whole underground crew to pull it off) identities unknown).

Well at its still fun to talk about I guess.

theres a guy who plants a strong telescope on the nearest legal mountain and watches trucks drive back and forth inside the base

Looks like we have a new contender for The Worlds Dullest Man.

Hey I bet he does other stuff too, its not his fault they hide all the cool stuff. You are right we cant trust the TV, but thats a different subject. I will believe what I chose too, its my freedom, I have no reason to discredit the channel as of now.

cHIs, my new scotish brother, thank you for the support. If I get it working I'll make sure to give you link to view the project from the camera on board. Or if I write a book about the imagined quest, I'll send you a copy. About the electronics, I don't know much either yet, I just know I could if I put my mind to it, and that once I did thats what I'd do with my knowledge. As of now though I am busy with developing other skills, such as learning Navajo (and my favorite band is Everclear(incase anyone wonders or cares the reason for my name(its still open for interpretation but thats what it originally means))).

version of the drink i mean. . . whatever.

Hey just for fun somebody give me a report on Everclear, I don't know much about it (the drink) except that sometimes kids bring it to school in a different bottle and pass it off as pop or even water.

Then I'll give you a report on the band, if anyone doesn't, know----- they are so freakin the coolest band, well my favorite anyway.

It's unflavored grain alcohol ranging from about 76% to 95% (152-190 proof; by comparison most beers are 5% and most vodka is 40%), mainly used for making punches and other mixed drinks. I highly doubt its found that much in schools, because if not mixed it will burn like hell and probably make inexperienced drinkers vomit instantly, especially at 190 proof. If you put 190 proof Everclear in your cars gas tank, it would probably run. In fact, it's illegal in Pennsylvania, Washington, Oregon, and California, regardless of your age.