Hottest Temperature

GrandMasterK

I have posted many times about my theory of absolute zero and the universe beginning. I have to know the same thing. I believe that space and time are proportionate to matter and energy. If matter correlates to space, and energy to time, and matter can not completely run out of energy, space and time are interconnected. As long as energy has even the slightest bit of matter to be the space, than it can theoretically work out, which is the basis of the primordial atom. If all of the universes energy is concentrated in the smallest of space, than this is obviously the highest energy possibly attainable. The way to figure this out is to figure the amount of matter and energy that currently exists in the universe. Good luck if you plan to try!

If absolute zero is when particles come to a complete hault, then would the hottest temperature be when those particles are zooming around at light speed? If so, what temperature is that?

Massive particles can't be accelerated to light speed, as far as I know.

If absolute zero is when particles come to a complete hault, then would the hottest temperature be when those particles are zooming around at light speed? If so, what temperature is that?

As close to infinite as you want to get. Temperature is related to the Average kinetic energy of the particles involved. Now while you can't get particles up to light speed you can get as close as you want.

Kinetic energy, taking Relativity into account is

[math]KE = mc^2 \left( \frac{1}{1- \frac{v^2}{c^2}}-1 \right)[/math]

note that as v approaches c, the kinetic energy approaches infinity and so does the temp.

that reminds me of an earlier SFN thread

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1337

I agree with what Janus said about the kinetic energy of a single particle

that is moving relative to the lab frame.