Fractured finger

Fellowes

i fractured my finger today and i was wondering how long people think it will take to heal,,i ahave an apointment tomorrow which is why i ask i havent been told anything by the doctor yet. its the loweer part of my pinky and its a spiral fracture. i've never broken any bones before and i was wondering how long this might take because i have some important sports in two weeks time. will it be ready does anybody think? shouold be, right?

well i dont know if this i will apply totally for u but i once broke by ulna and radia of the right hand totally, like a twig. and well it took me 2 months to heal properly. i mean it was in there 9 weeks. so maybe urs will heal in like 3 or 4 weeks. well if u have a big game coming up i dont think the doctor would advise u to play it. i mean its just 2 weeks.

so might as well give it lots of rest

get well soon :)

is the bone completely split? is it still attached a bit?

what sport?

large bones generally heal in a couple months.

after about one month with a broken arm, i was allowed to run again (make sudden movements without delaying the healing process).

pinkies might heal faster, slower, or the same speed; i don't know.

i also don't know if you get a splint or a cast for pinkies. i'd guess a splint, since it's probably too small to put a cast on easily.

if you can grip with your other fingers right now, and if you get a splint, you might be able to throw something in 2 weeks... with a lot of difficulty, and you will delay the healing process by a lot.

if you don't need to throw anything in your sports, then you're in luck. in less than 2 weeks, you can run as much as you want. you'll delay the healing process by a bit each time you run, but you can still do it.

my dad broke his arm when he was a kid. his large forearm bone was broken in half. in less than a week, he was running around and playing again. they couldn't keep him from making sudden movements with his arm. in order to allow his bones to actually heal, they had to put in a bone splint: a piece of metal bolted to both ends of the broken bone, keeping the bone together while it heals. he has a scar from the operation, and i think the healing process was a bit painful.

i fractured my finger today and i was wondering how long people think it will take to heal,,i ahave an apointment tomorrow which is why i ask i havent been told anything by the doctor yet. its the loweer part of my pinky and its a spiral fracture. i've never broken any bones before and i was wondering how long this might take because i have some important sports in two weeks time. will it be ready does anybody think? shouold be, right?

If it is a spiral fracture, there should be little/no dosplacement, so it shouldn't need reduction. If you tape it to the next finger to stabilize it, it shouldn't you give any problems. It will take 4-6 weeks to heal properly.

I also broke my pinkiy just above the knuckle. Thought years ago, once they strap it it dosen't hurt as much, I can't remember how long it took to heal thought. It sticks out at a bit of an odd angle still when my hands are limp, but its not like i can't make a fist or anything.

~Scott