Can a Black Hole Explode? [NO!]

mah123

3 years ago, I read one article which says that black hole can explode

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2013/09/the-milky-ways-supermassive-black-hole-exploded-2-million-years-ago-lighting-up-a-cloud-200000-lys-a.html

Can it possible?

Is this world come in to existence due to super & super massive black hole explosion.

Edited by mah123

A very poorly written article (some sentences are not even grammatical).

Black holes do not explode. What they are referring to is a black hole becoming "active"; i.e. when a large amount of matter falls towards a black hole it is heated and a large amount of it is blow away, often as polar jets.

A very poorly written article (some sentences are not even grammatical).

Black holes do not explode. What they are referring to is a black hole becoming "active"; i.e. when a large amount of matter falls towards a black hole it is heated and a large amount of it is blow away, often as polar jets.

I was expecting this to be about evaporation of micro black holes. Describing polar jets as a black hole exploding is just... very irresponsible journalism, frankly.

i.e. when a large amount of matter falls towards a black hole it is heated and a large amount of it is blow away, often as polar jets.

I was expecting this to be about evaporation of micro black holes. Describing polar jets as a black hole exploding is just... very irresponsible journalism, frankly.

Yes, polar jets do not come from within the EH of a BH. Our best theoretical model says they are caused by spinning/charged BH's, where twisted magnetic field lines, whip matter up and fling it up and away before it ever crosses the EH.

Polar jet can not be called as explosion & this polar jet will actually reduce the gases in the galaxy (by throwing it away) then such explosion as given in following article , How can solve the problem of missing mass in our galaxy?

New article:-

https://www.sciencerecorder.com/news/2016/08/30/black-hole-explosion-explain-milky-ways-missing-matter/

Many times I ask the question that just after the big bang there is matter having much more density in small space than require for black hole.

Then

Why did the universe not collapse and form a black hole at the beginning?

Edited by mah123

Many times I ask the question that just after the big bang there is matter having much more density in small space than require for black hole.

Then

Why did the universe not collapse and form a black hole at the beginning?

Because forming a black hole is not about density. To put it simply, it requires a concentration of mass at one place. The universe has always had an even distribution of mass throughout the entire universe.

• 1 month later...

I can be wrong but I will write what I know.

So there are few theories that say how the universe going to end. And one theory is the gravity will overpower the dark energy power that expands the universe. And then the universe starts to shrink. And then universe becomes a supermassive black hole. After that black hole shrinks more and then explodes like Big Bang. There is a video that will explain better. I'm talking about the third one starts on 4:15.

Also sorry for bad English.

(

)

So there are few theories that say how the universe going to end. And one theory is the gravity will overpower the dark energy power that expands the universe. And then the universe starts to shrink. And then universe becomes a supermassive black hole. After that black hole shrinks more and then explodes like Big Bang. There is a video that will explain better. I'm talking about the third one starts on 4:15.

Also sorry for bad English.

Evidence so far supports an acceleration in the expansion rate. Recollapse is unlikely I suggest.

In layman's language, as the universe/spacetime expands, density of the universe falls off as the mass/energy remains constant: At the same time the impetus behind the expansion we call DE, is acting over all spacetime and consequently our universe is accelerating in its expansion rate, as the DE component overcomes the gravity of the mass/energy within.

I hope that makes sense.

So it looks more likely the universe will end in a cold dark lifeless state.

A few many trillions of years to go yet.

Edited by beecee

So there are few theories that say how the universe going to end. And one theory is the gravity will overpower the dark energy power that expands the universe. And then the universe starts to shrink. And then universe becomes a supermassive black hole. After that black hole shrinks more and then explodes like Big Bang.

IF the universe were to collapse to a singularity, that would not be a black hole. A black hole is a concentration of mass in one place. If the universe were to collapse again, it would still contain a roughly uniform distribution of mass.