Help finding experiment items please

old_cy

hi i'm brand new here

i hope this is a good subforum to place this

my son is doing some projects with lenz's law and other electromagnetic things

what we are looking for are non metallic clamps and stands that can hold things . for example he has a heavy copper pipe to drop magnets through.. it would be nice to be able to hold it up with clamps and a stand that are non-metallic.. this pipe for example is 101 copper 12 inches long inner diameter of 1 inch wall thickness of .25 inch .. so it is quite heavy

any ideas what we can use or where we can buy the things we need.. thinking inside or outside the box ..any help would be greatly appreciated

hi i'm brand new here

i hope this is a good subforum to place this

my son is doing some projects with lenz's law and other electromagnetic things

what we are looking for are non metallic clamps and stands that can hold things . for example he has a heavy copper pipe to drop magnets through.. it would be nice to be able to hold it up with clamps and a stand that are non-metallic.. this pipe for example is 101 copper 12 inches long inner diameter of 1 inch wall thickness of .25 inch .. so it is quite heavy

any ideas what we can use or where we can buy the things we need.. thinking inside or outside the box ..any help would be greatly appreciated

My wood working clamps are all plastic and they were the cheapest available - I got them from B&Q (which will mean nothing if you are not UK-based) . Otherwise a hand made wooden stand would work well - drill out holes with an auger bit as close to an inch and half as you can and wedge with cocktail sticks etc. rod and dowel constructions can be very sturdy - and entirely metal free