Some questions for my newly bought air conditioner.

ps2huang

I just bought a portable air conditioner from Frys to my house. I bought it for a little more than 400 dollars. The temperature of its can be only turned from 16 to 30. I turned it to 16, which is the coldest, but it deosn't let me feel as cold as the one from my car when I put my hands on the opening vent of my car, the air come out of it was colder than the one at my house.

Does this happen to the air conditioners of all of yours? Or it is because that my air conditioner is not that good?

ive always thought the air from car vents was *realy cold compared to normal house AC.

Really? Well, the portable AC of my house could be turned to 16 the lowest. What is the lowest of AC of a car could be turned to?

I just bought a portable air conditioner from Frys to my house. I bought it for a little more than 400 dollars. The temperature of its can be only turned from 16 to 30. I turned it to 16' date=' which is the coldest, but it deosn't let me feel as cold as the one from my car when I put my hands on the opening vent of my car, the air come out of it was colder than the one at my house.

Does this happen to the air conditioners of all of yours? Or it is because that my air conditioner is not that good?[/quote']

Is it properly vented?

I saw a friends dad measuring the air coming out of his air conditioner. I remembered this post and asked him why he was doing that. He said he was looking for the temperature difference between the cold air coming out and the warm air going in and explained to me that it has to be between 15 to 20 degrees difference. Any less than that means the AC isn't working properly.

Hope that helps...

Bettina