"Overseer" Point of View

Mag

So i was thinking, i know depeding on the point of view, time will go faster/slow down - and such.

example: if you are on earth, and you go in a spaceship and travel the speed of light (assuming you could) towards a star. Your POV is different than that of Earth.

Well, what about a POV that can see the star, spaceship, and earth?

What does it loook like to them? Do they see it how it "actually is"

Object S going c, towards star, away from earth - with no time slowing down for the spaceship?

Your third POV would see things depending on its relative velocity to the ship and Earth. It is no different than either the POV of the Earth or the POV of the ship.

There is no POV that can say that it sees what "actually" happens. All POV's are equally valid, and what each POV measures as happening is what "actually" happens in that frame of reference.

I think you're talking about the viewpoint of the philosophical construct of LaPlace's Demon, a creature that exists beyond spacetime which has a gestalt view but therefore sees the structure as its immutable whole and as it is not acting within it has no way to alter it.

I think you're talking about the viewpoint of the philosophical construct of LaPlace's Demon, a creature that exists beyond spacetime which has a gestalt view but therefore sees the structure as its immutable whole and as it is not acting within it has no way to alter it.

maybe, i'll look it up.

What im talking about, is like you looking at a miniature train set.

Except the train set is like a solar system. and you see things moving all around and such.

So, if something is moving at .5c - will the person that is 1 light year away, and you (the view of the entire "train set") see the same time dialation?

maybe' date=' i'll look it up.

What im talking about, is like you looking at a miniature train set.

Except the train set is like a solar system. and you see things moving all around and such.

So, if something is moving at .5c - will the person that is 1 light year away, and you (the view of the entire "train set") see the same time dialation?[/quote']

As long as that something is moving at 0.5c relative to him, yes. And just to make it clear, "moving relative to" does not have to mean "moving directly towards or away from". Thus in the person's view the something could be moving from left to right at .5c and it would be moving at .5c relative to him.

If you were already aware of this, I apologise, I'm just trying to figure out where you are coming from with this question.

yeah, i knew that.

but i was wondering if the person that could see the entire thing, would see the same time dialation as someone who was closer, much closer.

but thx :)

• 1 month later...