Scientist Egely

Eldad Eshel

There is a scientist named Gyorgy Egely, he researched the psi wheel phenomena scientifically, and came up with very interesting results. He invented a special psi wheel that is called the "Egely Wheel", that is very sensitive to the telekinetic force. He concluded that the force is not caused by conventional accurances, and that it is a special force not yet known to science. You can type the word "egely" in google and see his website. There is a wikipedia page about him -

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gy%C3%B6rgy_Egely

but it is in a language I do not know, if someone could translate it I would be very thankful.

I haven't had a chance to read it.... but has he taken into account all of the points we were complaining about in the last telekinesis thread? i.e. - has he made it impossible for drafts to get under the bowl? Is he even using a bowl (if not then just get out of town)? Has he ensured that vibration and oscillation cannot cause rotation as the system attempts to reach equilibrium?

The main thing is that he uses a sealed system so his breathing doesn't effect eh spinner (like was shown to be the case with the standard psy wheel hoaxes). Also - the placing of hands around it can effect the spinning by channelling breathing... as was demonstrated in debunk videos of the standard psywheel. - So - how is this one different?

I can't vouch for Google's automatic translation from German, but it says "Egely claims that the wheel rotates because of the so-called vitality or life energy , the lack of which points to coming diseases. Critics say that the rotation is caused by the heat difference between hand and device, by electrostatic fields or by air movements."

I think the critics are much more likely to be right.

There were loads of vids and articles debunking the other ones... Any suggestion to firming up the experiment to eliminate drafts caused by breathing or warming by the hands were met with 'can't do that - the barrier blocks my mental energy' or some other BS.

I did see some art installations in a gallery where there were tiny foil spinners totally sealed into light bulb shaped glasses... These little foil spinners were spinning due to their own accord. I guess it was either internal currents in the bulb caused by warming of the glass in the shop window; a draft let in through a very small hidden hole; or the artist sitting in the corner using his mind power to keep his artwork turning.

It was also shown how easy it is to fake a controlled test with a bowl even (draft through gap in table slats for example, or a powered spindle). So - with that in mind - even if you take me to a you -tube vid that HAS taken into account all of the criticisms of the experiment into account... I would still be sceptical until I (or some one trusted, like Randy) examined the test to make sure it wasn't a cheat.

I did see some art installations in a gallery where there were tiny foil spinners totally sealed into light bulb shaped glasses... These little foil spinners were spinning due to their own accord. I guess it was either internal currents in the bulb caused by warming of the glass in the shop window; a draft let in through a very small hidden hole; or the artist sitting in the corner using his mind power to keep his artwork turning.

Crookes_radiometer.jpg

Crookes radiometer [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/)], by The original uploader was Timeline at English Wikipedia, from Wikimedia Commons

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crookes_radiometer They are fascinating, beautiful, and scientifically interesting

Yea - so as we discussed before - spinning devices are a VERY poor way to demonstrate telekinesis due the fact that spinning things spin on their own anyway due to many external forces such as air currents, heat and even light.

As we discussed before - a better demonstration of telekinesis would be to move a very light feather on across a low friction surface in side of a transparent, sealed box.

You joke about the rope trick - but there are people that would believe him if he done it and said he used the power of his mind.

I can do a rope trick (but it needs a bicycle chain hidden in the rope). You hold it out one way and it is floppy... you stroke it lovingly and it goes hard and rigid and sticks up in the air. (In reality you turn the bicycle chain hidden in the rope through 90 degrees and it then looks like the rope is magically hovering in the air). If I performed that trick and told people I was using my mind power to hold the rope vertically there would be some poor fool that would believe it somewhere.

You joke about the rope trick - but there are people that would believe him if he done it and said he used the power of his mind.

I can do a rope trick (but it needs a bicycle chain hidden in the rope). You hold it out one way and it is floppy... you stroke it lovingly and it goes hard and rigid and sticks up in the air. (In reality you turn the bicycle chain hidden in the rope through 90 degrees and it then looks like the rope is magically hovering in the air). If I performed that trick and told people I was using my mind power to hold the rope vertically there would be some poor fool that would believe it somewhere.

I have an acquaintance on IRC that would likely be one of those people. I've decided that some people seem to have an almost desperate desire to believe "fringe science." It seems like an almost religious fervor. The mind set usually includes being totally convinced that the "mainstream science community" is engaged in what would have to be the most far-flung conspiracy that's ever been pulled off to suppress "the truth." Pointing out that someone, somewhere along the way, would have abandoned the "cover up" to grab a Nobel prize or something does no good whatsoever.

Then of course you have your "industry" that's grown up to take advantage of such people. This acquaintance linked me a web page a while back by this guy that promotes what he calls "the electric universe." I was positively agog at the stuff he claimed on the page.

yep - I hear you... I knew a girl that saw an article in the local paper about a 'ghost' that moved a sugar bag off a shelf... there was a link to a video on you tube. She, and the shop owner, were claiming it as absolute proof of the supernatural and that ghosts exist. I was laughed at when I suggested a list of reasons why it could have fallen off the shelf.... but when I looked at the vid it did seem to hover out into the middle of the shop floor before falling... I said it was probably a hoax, which did not please her at all. Two weeks later there was an article in the same paper where the shop owner had come out to admit publically that it had been a publicity stunt to promote his shop and he admitted to faking the vid. Even when shown this article the woman was STILL convinced that the shop owner must have lied about the video being a fake to cover up the truth... he'd been paid off apparently. :doh:

My friend has gotten all wound up recently over some bunch of people out there right now that call themselves "Tengri." One of the things he sent me about it was a supposedly ancient document written in code. Associated with this was "clear text" with a bunch of multi-level "magic square" diagrams that were claimed to show the advanced intellect of the authors. That is, the ability to write those figures down showed "nearly impossible" intellectual power. I showed him in about ten minutes the arithmetic that would have been involved in producing one of the diagrams. But as you noted, it's like talking to a wall. The "decoding process" turned out to be substituting element symbols for atomic numbers. Even pointing out that those symbols didn't exist at the time the document was supposedly written didn't make a dent.

It's sort of depressing, because he's a really nice kid and seems to be amazingly hard working and so on. But he's very loose with his money, and winds up carrying credit card debt around because he's bought boatloads of electronics parts to build this or that. I feel sure that sooner or later someone from the "industry" I cited above is going to fleece him. He's not mine to protect, but I still wish I could, somehow.

The other thing that's quite amazing is the trouble the people perpetrating these things will go to - that Tengri stuff had to have taken a long time to produce. :-|