Yahoo! Mail slowing down?

Has anyone else found that over the past few days/weeks that Yahoo! Mail service has slowed down considerably???

Just like browsing/loading messages/sending replies, each page (I use the web based version) takes a while to load and often fails, retrying it will often work... something's certainly not right!

Iv been having the same problem with hotmail, although i have notised that firefox has been playing up in general lately, since roughly the time of the 1.0.4 upgrade.

mayb the connection which u have has a problem. i mean i had an id that didnt work from my house and it worked from every other place.so i am saying that it might b ur connection

p.s. the id worked again later after a few weeks

It's still playing up and it's the only site which does so (so it's not my internet), I'm going to look into whether they are using a new cookie system or some such, which my firewall/AV could be preventing.

firewalls and (to my knowledge) avast don't have anything to do with cookies.

google seems quite a few people are complaining about yahoo being slow (those results are from the last three months)

have yahoo just increased their storage space? they seem to have had problems with slow-down following storage-space upgrades in the past.

have yahoo just increased their storage space?
Yeah, they increased to 1GB a few weeks back (prob months now!) but the problem has only occured in the last week or so.

Yes I did... I was just saying that indeed they have had an upgrade storeage space, however I've never had this before, and they have had upgrades before, needless to say 1GB is quite a big leap, but even that occurred quite a while ago and this problem is relatively new.... At the same time I don't think it's me (not my internet and not any programs I have running) so I accept it is effectively certainly a problem at their end.

I gotta gmail invite you could have if you wanna temporary fix. you could redirect your mail to a gmail or hotmail account till they sort it out, i suppose.

Nah, it's ok, but thanks..... it seems to be a bit better today, guessing they had a temp down time, I'll see how it goes I spose. I'll post here if it stays fixed/gets worst.

Yahoo! seems to be pretty much back up to speed... I wonder if they needed a server upgrade of what, if it is an after effect of the 1GB upgrade it took a while for the effect to show and then it died off quite quickly, I wonder what changes they made to fix it (if not a server upgrade).

• 5 months later...
Guest geddoff

Yes, the past few days Yahoo has become agonizingly slow. I use dial-up, and I thought that might have been the problem, but other pages are loading at the usual rate. I did a virus check-up, none apparant.

I wonder if it is a ploy to get us to upgrade to a premium account?

Any thought on the Broad Band vs. Dial up comparison?

Geddoff-

Guest geddoff

Yes, the past few days Yahoo has become agonizingly slow. I use dial-up, and I thought that might have been the problem, but other pages are loading at the usual rate. I did a virus check-up, none apparant.

I wonder if it is a ploy to get us to upgrade to a premium account?

Any thought on the Broad Band vs. Dial up comparison?

Geddoff-