Abdominal pain as teenager...

Externet

When young, I used to have intense abdominal pain when

- I went to the movies. By the seating position in that particular seat shape, or whatever.

- When jogging or racing.

Nothing serious or never to pay enough attention, always subsided in a few minutes.

Did you experience any similar pain ?

I cannot remember having the same after appendectomy around age 20. Any relation ??

I worried about pains when younger.. the doc said it was wind and or constipation. Very painful though... I still get pain 30 years on and I just shrug it off and get on with it - the doc said these excruciating pains were just normal. Never had an appendectomy. Wind can be very painful apparently.

The stich is due to lack of oxygen getting to the muscles (or so I thought - but wiki now says the cause is unclear).. one thing I do know that gives strength to this is that when I used to run, if I got stich a lot I would do sit ups every day for a few weeks... this totally stopped the stich coming in my belly... but it moved to my shoulder in stead. My coach said that this was normal and because I had worked my abs then they were fitter and the oxygen could get there quicker and so we then worked on shoulder and back strength and then no more stich there.... I'd get way out of breath or my legs would give before stich... so I done cardio work and leg work and then... back to stick in the belly. I remember that it could be very painful though.

• 10 months later...

Another thing associated with teenage abdominal pain is eyesight. It is often difficult for a young person to know whether their visual acuity is good or slightly off. Astigmatism in particular can cause strain in the abdominal muscles. Alleviated by corrective vision.

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2018 at 10:53 AM, IanH said:

Another thing associated with teenage abdominal pain is eyesight. It is often difficult for a young person to know whether their visual acuity is good or slightly off. Astigmatism in particular can cause strain in the abdominal muscles. Alleviated by corrective vision.

Can you show me some source for this, please?