Instaneous Communication?!?!?!

The other day I came up with an idea for nearly instaneous communication.

If I remember correctly magnetic fields are instaneous, meaning that the entire field comes into existence at the exact same moment. By using a long line of transmitters (magnetic field producers) and receivers (magnetometers) you could create a faster than light communications line.

This would be like if you got a group of people to get in a long spaced out line, and once one person hears the message they yell it to the next person who repeats the process until it gets to the end.

The transmission/field is automatically detected by the next receiver in line, that receiver also has a built in transmitter which "transmits" another field to be "received" and transmitted again until it reaches its destination. Unfortunately since processing will be necessary the "transmission" will be slowed down by this, which can only travel at the speed of which it is processed which is about the speed of light I believe.

The feasibility of this project is based on how far away transmitters and receivers have to be from each other to be able to communicate. The farther a receiver and transmitter can be away form each other the faster the speed of the transmission occurs.

The idea of this technology seems sound to me, and I see no reason why it wouldn't be able to be instituted.

Haha, I'm sorry to really cut your argument short but your very first assumption there is not correct. The fact is:

Magnetic fields (part of the electromagnetic field) along with all other fields (i.e. gravitational field) propagate at the speed of light.

That means that if the sun were to right now just disappear, the Earth would remain in normal orbit for another 8 minutes (approx. the time it takes for light to reach Earth from the Sun), and so there is no way we can know about it until those 8 minutes come.

There are many other real life examples I'm sure the other forumers here can give to help reinforce this fact.

another one of those thought experiments gone wrong as they are prone to do.i have them all the time. take my advice. start writing some of it down and then google to check any assumptions. it stops you making a fool of your self. i rememver one time i had a thought on how to escape the immense gravity of a black hole from the surface but it turned out to be complete rubbish as you would be outside the event horizon.