Gravity manipulation

Silvestru

A source I read compared it to electricity:

"It's like electricity. You can't block an electron and keep it from being negative."

Honestly, that's just for blocking it. I'm not well educated in this topic but I would love to also see some theories that could counter this statement.

Source:

https://www.quora.com/Is-there-any-way-to-block-the-pull-of-gravity-or-cause-a-condition-that-can-keep-gravity-from-touching-mass

There is no known way of blocking or attenuation gravity from a given source.

Why not turn the idea on its head, ?

Photons of light have a gravitational effect around their paths. As a photon moves through space it is compressing the space in its path and stretching it in its wake causing waves as it goes.

Gravity is caused by the stretching of space, could space be stretched more above an object than it is stretched below by a planet, using electromagnetic waves of sort.

Could intense high frequency radiation be focused on a point above an object and cause a gravitational potential well, which would cause an object to free fall upwards. A small object having less inertia would move towards the potential well faster than the planet with high inertia.

:)

I think first it must be established that it could it be done.

I think the calculation is not so straight forward, because mass = F/g. If a "gravitational potential well" could be created above an object, the effective gravity on the mass would be 0 or -ve to cause lift. At the point where the g due to a planet = the g due to a artificial "gravity potential well" there would be no force.

If it was a continual thrust against a constant gravity the amount of energy used to lift a mass could be calculated using basic Newtonian physics. I think this is not so simple, as the amount of gravity and direction of gravity changes.

Another difficulty in the calculation is that normally height would be used to calculate the amount of energy required to lift the object against gravity E = mgh.

This calculation is not as simple as it first looks and grows arms and legs the more you focus on it. Can anyone shed any light on how the calculation of energy requested by strange would go.

Edited by Handy andy

I thought about it, and it doesnt make sense to me to be able to push against gravity unless you are standing outside space/time. Because all energy has gravity. So everything one does pushes down. And trying to redirect it to push up while standing on space is like, well if it was a sheet, and you set a bowling ball on it, if gravity is the indentation. Then anything you do to counter gravity is just shoving a second bowling ball under the first. All you are doing is adding the weight of the second to the first and making the indent larger.

At least thats my thinking. If Im wrong Im open to being corrected.

I think the calculation is not so straight forward, because mass = F/g. If a "gravitational potential well" could be created above an object, the effective gravity on the mass would be 0 or -ve to cause lift. At the point where the g due to a planet = the g due to a artificial "gravity potential well" there would be no force.

This makes no sense.

How do you propose the creation of this "potential well"?

This makes no sense.

How do you propose the creation of this "potential well"?

If you look at the first part of my post, I was asking the exact same question, can a potential well be created?. A link was posted sometime ago that suggests

space flows towards a mass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gullstrand–Painlevé_coordinates

If space cant be made to contract above an object, can it be made to expand below it, or both?

Would a hot air balloon work better, or perhaps?? I wont speculate :)

If you look at the first part of my post, I was asking the exact same question, can a potential well be created?. A link was posted sometime ago that suggests

space flows towards a mass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gullstrand–Painlevé_coordinates

If space cant be made to contract above an object, can it be made to expand below it, or both?

Would a hot air balloon work better, or perhaps?? I wont speculate :)

I don't see anything about space flowing toward a mass in that link.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see anything about space flowing toward a mass in that link.

I think I was mislead by another poster ref the link, but was assuming a gravitational gradient can represent a flow of space. This is possibly incorrect, the stretching of space could be due t a multitude of speculative ideas. However I think it is generally agreed that gravity is caused by the stretching of space. All matter stretches space around them and are attracted to each other, unless the space between them is expanding in which case they move apart in space effectively in freefall away from each other. Gravitational waves have been detected travelling through space from black holes spiralling around each other. What I was thinking about would it be possible in some way to stretch space above on object, or to expand space below it, to cause it to rise up.

All gravitational potential wells attract, but a gravitational potential well appearing above a small object might attract a small object to it Ie cause it to become lighter. The moon for instance causes sea levels to rise. (side thought getting weighed on a solar eclipse are we lighter :) ) Photons of light create their own gravitational field could focused radio waves above a body in some way effect the mass of the body. Does radio waves being emitted from a body increase its mass, or decrease it in any measurable way.

I think I was mislead by another poster ref the link, but was assuming a gravitational gradient can represent a flow of space. This is possibly incorrect, the stretching of space could be due t a multitude of speculative ideas. However I think it is generally agreed that gravity is caused by the stretching of space. All matter stretches space around them and are attracted to each other, unless the space between them is expanding in which case they move apart in space effectively in freefall away from each other. Gravitational waves have been detected travelling through space from black holes spiralling around each other. What I was thinking about would it be possible in some way to stretch space above on object, or to expand space below it, to cause it to rise up.

Spacetime is described by a curved geometry, which is gravity (rather than "causing" it), and I've never seen expansion described as freefall. I think your grasp on the actual science is rather tenuous.

All gravitational potential wells attract, but a gravitational potential well appearing above a small object might attract a small object to it Ie cause it to become lighter. The moon for instance causes sea levels to rise. (side thought getting weighed on a solar eclipse are we lighter :) ) Photons of light create their own gravitational field could focused radio waves above a body in some way effect the mass of the body. Does radio waves being emitted from a body increase its mass, or decrease it in any measurable way.

The moon causes sea levels to rise when it's on the other side of the earth, too.

If you are going to speculate about photons warping spacetime enough to focus radio waves, you need to present a model, and do this in the speculations forum rather than hijacking a thread. You shouldn't have to be told, at this point.

According to Einstein, gravitation can be understood as a modification in the curvature of space-time and it explains most of the present observations. But still we cannot be sure of anything.

We don't know what space is...

We don't know what a field is (Electric and Magnetic) ...

We can control Electric and Magnetic fields each other . But what about gravity ?

There must be a relationship between all fundamental forces because they all have something in common : 'space-time' penetration .

Understanding space-time can help mankind explain some more unexplained observations.

We don't know what space is...

We don't know what a field is (Electric and Magnetic) ...

There must be a relationship between all fundamental forces because they all have something in common : 'space-time' penetration .

What do you mean we don't know what space is or what a field is? I am not even going to post a ink for that.

Can you explain that? The four fundamental forces are gravitational, electromagnetic, strong, and weak. What do you mean the weak force for example is penetrating space-time?

We can control Electric and Magnetic fields each other . But what about gravity ?

We can control EM fields by moving charges into different configurations. We could control gravity by moving masses into different configurations. Since gravity is fairly weak, manipulating masses is difficult and limits what we can do. Gravity can't be shielded and is always attractive, which also limits what we can do.

• 1 month later...

Yes it is easy. All you have to do is change the weight of the EM field and manipulate it through force.

There was a paper on it. U.S.A government was working on it. Something in the line of Extra-Low Frequency electromagnetic massless motion theory or something.

Btw it is not easy. but onces we master it which will happen it will become second nature. Why we need this? WRAP DRIVE!

Energy gravitates, Andy.
If you could concentrate an amount of energy above the Earth, it would warp space-time so that there would be an upward force toward it; And if a large enough concentration, you would actually 'fall' up towards it.

Unfortunately this energy concentration would be equivalent to the mass-energy of the Earth ( remember when Strange asked you to calculate it ? ), and the tidal forces would destroy our world. This is equivalent to points between the Earth and Moon, or Earth and Sun, where the net force is zero as one attraction cancels out the other, while technically in both potential wells ( look up Lagrange points ).