Trump Effects

Raider5678

On 12/17/2017 at 9:26 PM, iNow said:

It is also a far cry from how we should be referring to the President of the United States 

I am not a shrink, but did note that a number of American shrinks are stating publicly that Donald Trump is not altogether a balanced individual or suitable for office. He appears to have malignant narcissism https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malignant_narcissism and a series of other mental issues that are not deemed good in a political leader of any country. I guess he and his supporters may consider being called a moron a complement compared with what some professional shrinks are saying about him. 

13 hours ago, interested said:

I am not a shrink, but did note that a number of American shrinks are stating publicly that Donald Trump is not altogether a balanced individual or suitable for office. He appears to have malignant narcissism https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malignant_narcissism and a series of other mental issues that are not deemed good in a political leader of any country. I guess he and his supporters may consider being called a moron a complement compared with what some professional shrinks are saying about him. 

Trump supporters are just happy their side won. They don't really care what type of leader Trump is.

6 hours ago, Ten oz said:

Trump supporters are just happy their side won. They don't really care what type of leader Trump is.

This is a huge problem in the US right now. Too many people treat their political affiliation in the same way as rooting for their favorite sports team.   As long as their "team" wins, it doesn't matter how.  Ref misses a call against the other team and you were "robbed". Ref misses a call that would have went against your team and its "Hey, that's just the breaks of the game".  If something is to their teams advantage, they don't care if it is bad for the sport in general.  Even political dialog ends up being more like the "trash talk" in sports.

And while some of this happens on both sides, this type of attitude does seem to be more prevalent from the Trump side of the fence.

1 hour ago, Janus said:

And while some of this happens on both sides, this type of attitude does seem to be more prevalent from the Trump side of the fence.

Many people claim both sides do it to come across as fair or more pragmatic. By definition blaming bothsides is neither fair (by rules & standards) or Pragmatic (sensible & realistic). Anyone who has followed politics for more than a few years and is capable of being honest understands that the current state of this divisive political climate is coming for just one side; not both. Sadly it isn't just internal partisanship either. Today our (U.S.) ambassador threaten other sovereign nations at the U.N. ahead of a vote saying that we (USA) will be taking names of those who vote in a manner we disagree with. It is discussing behavior I am deeply saddened and embarrassed by. This isn't the Dunning-Kruger effect either. It is uninhibited selfishness where everyone suffer equally so that a lonesome don't have to be miserable alone. 

1 hour ago, Janus said:

This is a huge problem in the US right now. Too many people treat their political affiliation in the same way as rooting for their favorite sports team.   As long as their "team" wins, it doesn't matter how.  Ref misses a call against the other team and you were "robbed". Ref misses a call that would have went against your team and its "Hey, that's just the breaks of the game".  If something is to their teams advantage, they don't care if it is bad for the sport in general.  Even political dialog ends up being more like the "trash talk" in sports.

Additionally, the political parties would rather see the other political party win then an independent. 

3 minutes ago, rangerx said:

There's something seriously brain dead about the leadership of a country that redistributes money to the rich and takes away health care, then throws a party in the White House.

There is another thread called "How does Trump annoy you?"

I believe replies like this are better suited for that.

1 minute ago, rangerx said:

America has sold out.

There is a saying that given enough time, a democracy will sell it's right's to the highest bidder.

8 hours ago, Ten oz said:

Actually, many of the people that originally supported Trump no longer support him.

Leading me to believe that in all actuality you don't really look into what the other side believes, only that you know they won.

Just now, rangerx said:

You are not the boss of me.

I did not order you, nor did I tell you, to go post in another thread.

I said I believed posts relating to the topic of simply complaining, without actually offering relevant facts for discussion, are better suited for the thread "How does Trump annoy you?"

1 minute ago, Raider5678 said:

I did not order you, nor did I tell you, to go post in another thread.

I said I believed posts relating to the topic of simply complaining, without actually offering relevant facts for discussion, are better suited for the thread "How does Trump annoy you?"

I don't care what you believe. This a science forum. Don't expect anyone to follow your belief system as qualification to participate in this thread.

1 minute ago, rangerx said:

I don't care what you believe. This a science forum. Don't expect anyone to follow your belief system as qualification to participate in this thread.

Science is based on evidence, not opinions.

Please provide evidence that the leadership in our country is brain dead since you insist on it being scientific.

As such, I have conflicting evidence including videos of the President of the United States walking around and talking, leading me to believe he is not brain dead.

Additionally, several members of Congress have also recently been seen participating in activities ranging from talking, walking, breathing, driving, and, intelligent political debate.

I said your leadership is brain dead.

3 minutes ago, Raider5678 said:

As such, I have conflicting evidence including videos of the President of the United States walking around and talking, leading me to believe he is not brain dead.

Additionally, several members of Congress have also recently been seen participating in activities ranging from talking, walking, breathing, driving, and, intelligent political debate.

3 minutes ago, rangerx said:

I said your leadership is brain dead.

Does the President of the United States, Congress, and the Senate, not count as the leadership of the United States?

If not, who does?

Once again, I believe complaints lacking in facts, nor relevant to the discussion, are better suited for the thread "How does Trump annoy you?"

Just now, Raider5678 said:

Does the President of the United States, Congress, and the Senate, not count as the leadership of the United States?

If not, who does?

Once again, I believe complaints lacking in facts, nor relevant to the discussion, are better suited for the thread "How does Trump annoy you?"

Leadership is an entity, not a person. Your spin fails.

And yet again, you are not the boss of me.

6 minutes ago, Raider5678 said:

Any relevant discussion?

I stated my opinion, relative to the topic. You have every right to dismiss it, but none to deny me from expressing it.

So I will reiterate.

Giving the lion's share to the rich, taking away health care then throwing a party to celebrate is brain dead leadership.

51 minutes ago, Raider5678 said:

Actually, many of the people that originally supported Trump no longer support him.

Define "many". His base appears to be holding solid in polling. If you go to Real Clear Politics which average all polls Trump's approval has been 38% +/-2 since the last fall. 

1 minute ago, Ten oz said:

Define "many". His base appears to be holding solid in polling. If you go to Real Clear Politics which average all polls Trump's approval has been 38% +/-2 since the last fall. 

Yeah, but those same polls have George Bush at 88%.

I mean, maybe I'm wrong but I thought a lot of people disliked George Bush?

2 minutes ago, Raider5678 said:

Yeah, but those same polls have George Bush at 88%.

I mean, maybe I'm wrong but I thought a lot of people disliked George Bush?

Post 9/11 people rallied around the President. Bush had overwhelming support for about a year.