SFN:Flash Movie; Tryouts for Flash Animation

RedAlert

As you all know, we are creating a flash animation based on SFN. However, to do that, we need flash animators. If you think you can do flash, create a small flash animation (10-15 seconds long) and post it here. We (Phi for All and me) will choose the best flash animators to do the job of flash animating.

So, let your imagination roll and show us your animating skills!

I've only ever made a very limited number of flash animations, these are the only two I currently have available... I only use frames/layers/scenes and I still don't know how to use sound.

I put an emphasis on the fact that:

(1) These are (along with 2 others I can't access currently) the only flash animations I have ever done! (I'm no expert!)

(2) I have exams for the next month and then after than am on holiday for just under a month, consequently I can't really start this until August, by which time hopefully there will already have been one produced, maybe I could do a follow up seeing as I'll have lots of spare time over the summer!

3) I am not good at art work, hence I have never yet drawn my own images, my aim when I made these two was to use Flash MX, not to drawn an image, I used pre made images, once I have those I can animate them! So if one animation has been made, if I can use the charachters it'd help!

NB: .fla and .swf are not valid file formats for hosting on SFN so I have zipped two .swf into one .zip file (as .zip is valid) to open it you'll need winzip (which has a free trial).... you may need Macromedia Flash Player 6 or better to play these (again there's a free trial available)

random.swf & car.swf.zip

Yes I can, but not until the very beginning of August.

[edit] I can't use sound yet either though! But assuming you just put them in as a layer all by themselves and they just play in the background it really can't be too complex... I'm sure I could find an online tutorial, premade music is readily available, I can record stuff on a microphone and I've got a talking program which I can program words into.

Yes I can' date=' but not until the very beginning of August.

[edit'] I can't use sound yet either though! But assuming you just put them in as a layer all by themselves and they just play in the background it really can't be too complex... I'm sure I could find an online tutorial, premade music is readily available, I can record stuff on a microphone and I've got a talking program which I can program words into.

Don't worry about the sound, alt-f13 has agreed to help us. His work is very professional.

We need to sort out me and this!!!

Am I doing it? Because if I am then this is going to have to be postponed for two months (obviously we can still plan it though)... if not then hopefully when I come back from holiday there will already be one and I can take charachters and make a 2nd one.

Also if I make an animation with frames/layers/scenes can audio be easily added?

And even then mouth/audio synchronization would need to be done after sound. Can you (RedAlert) do the animation?

We need to sort out me and this!!!

Am I doing it? Because if I am then this is going to have to be postponed for two months (obviously we can still plan it though)... if not then hopefully when I come back from holiday there will already be one and I can take charachters and make a 2nd one.

Also if I make an animation with frames/layers/scenes can audio be easily added?

And even then mouth/audio synchronization would need to be done after sound. Can you (RedAlert) do the animation?

There will be a minimum of two of animators. I can do Flash Animation.

Two animators could be problematic with sending it back and forward etc. plus seemingly many animators use coding (action script), whereas I use frames, I don't know how compatable that is, and I'm not available for a while... it might be easier if only you (and alt-f13) did this one.