Proof against time-loops

quickquestion

This is basically taken from my religious thread, which was closed, but I have now censored the religious bashing and focused on time-paradox alone.

Say you are sitting to yourself and you say...how do I know I am not timelooping this day over and over gain?? Well you just know...why? Spiritual memory...gut instinct. you know to a certainty that you are not timelooping. but you dont have the clarity to explain it, or the clarity to predict the future.

Now, the second part of my argument is to explain how Gut-Instinct can be used as a scientific way to validate something. Lets take the equation c=3-1...You know c=2. Why...? How do you "know" c=2??? Because our consciousness is actually located in two regions at once...When we see c=2 we aren't conscious of c=3-1...even though we were conscious of c=3-1 a few seconds ago...It is still active in our subconscious somewhere. I mean, when you say the words "C equals three minus 1...C equals two" You cannot possibly say, or think, both phrases at the same time. But you are still conscious that they are the same phrase...because either your consciousness extends in two temporal regions (present and past) at once, or two brain regions at once (subconscious and conscious) but I say it is a mix of both.

Now here is a thought experiment that will revolutionize how you think about Time. The question is...How do you know you are not stuck in a time-loop, repeating the same day over and over again? I mean, you'd have no way of knowing, because you'd have a long stretch of memories...leading up to that day, but no future memories, to tell you otherwise...It would...feel like a brand new day...Everytime...But yet...we know we are not in a time-loop...I mean we know it...We must have some kind of subconscious, 6th sense of the future...it really is the only explanation...And that is how we know to a certainty, that we are not time-looping...you get it? And this is another example of gut-instinct heroically saving us from paradox.

Say you are sitting to yourself and you say...how do I know I am not timelooping this day over and over gain?? Well you just know...why? Spiritual memory...gut instinct. you know to a certainty that you are not timelooping. but you dont have the clarity to explain it, or the clarity to predict the future.

Perhaps because you can remember yesterday, and it was different from today?

Yes but how do you know that you are not in a time-loop, repeating the same day over and over? Because you would also remember yesterday, and that it was different from today, the day that is looping over and over.

Yes but how do you know that you are not in a time-loop, repeating the same day over and over? Because you would also remember yesterday, and that it was different from today, the day that is looping over and over.

Well, you can't know that. It is one of those unfalsifiable ideas like solipsism or "the universe was created 15 minutes ago but just made to look as if it were billions of years old".

You can't disprove this. Your gut instinct may be reassuring but is not evidence.

And as we know that gut instinct is very often wrong, then I would not rely on it as proof of anything.

Well, you can't know that. It is one of those unfalsifiable ideas like solipsism or "the universe was created 15 minutes ago but just made to look as if it were billions of years old".

You can't disprove this. Your gut instinct may be reassuring but is not evidence.

And as we know that gut instinct is very often wrong, then I would not rely on it as proof of anything.

Fun fact: The universe seems like its billions of years old, but it was just created to look that way. In reality, it's entire lifespan from start to finish will only be 30 seconds in duration.

Time's almost up.

Fun fact: The universe seems like its billions of years old, but it was just created to look that way. In reality, it's entire lifespan from start to finish will only be 30 seconds in duration.

Time's almost up.

Actually the Universe looks billions of years old but is only about 9 months older than I am. ;)

That's way not enough.

If you remember yesterday, short term memory gathered during day, were converted to chemical long term memory during sleeping.

If somebody lose ability to convert one to another, he/she has Anterograde amnesia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anterograde_amnesia

Do you remember "50 First Dates" movie?

ps. I know, this opens yet another branch for this thread: how brain stores memories.

Edited by Sensei

Depends what the gut instinct is used for. Playing the lottery, gut instinct rarely helps.

But this is a different kind of gut instinct.

We could be already dead, and we are just scrolling through memories, like scanning a database. And maybe this is just the maximum speed it can go.

But there is this deep sense that I am not repeating this day over and over. Like this sense is perhaps fundamental to our consciousness.

Depends what the gut instinct is used for. Playing the lottery, gut instinct rarely helps.

We could be already dead, and we are just scrolling through memories, like scanning a database. And maybe this is just the maximum speed it can go.

But there is this deep sense that I am not repeating this day over and over. Like this sense is perhaps fundamental to our consciousness.

Why is this gut sense different from the lottery one?

It's not just that it cannot be proven, it's that it doesn't make enough sense to be provable.

It's like one of those questions such as : is the universe holographic?, Are we real or do we just think we are real?, or like defining higher dimensions etc.

The answer, if there is one, has absolutely 0 impact on our views and behavior. It doesn't really mean anything. It's not even philosophy.

Perhaps.......its the strange occurrence of this one thing happening again and again.........and that thing is.........tomorrow.