What do you consider a happy/good relationship?

Raider5678

There may be as many answers to this as there are couples. Perhaps you also believe this and are seeking some examples.

The trite answer is "one in which both parties are mutually satisfied". The details, as noted, depend on the couple.

There may be as many answers to this as there are couples. Perhaps you also believe this and are seeking some examples.

The trite answer is "one in which both parties are mutually satisfied". The details, as noted, depend on the couple.

Dude.

The question was not "what is a perfect relationship"

Its "What do YOU consider a happy/good relationship?"

As in your opinion.

Yours. Not the real answer. There is no real answer. I want your preference.

Seriously. It's philosophy.

So much as one more person says it depends on the person and I'll just refer you to a grammar site.

Okay.

And what are the details?

You can choose to omit the sexual details if you want to. I don't particularly care about those. I want to know about your general relationship and why you think it's good.

- Seeing or thinking about my partner makes me happy.

- Accepting each others flaws.

- Our values, morality and beliefs are compatible.

Dude.

The question was not "what is a perfect relationship"

Its "What do YOU consider a happy/good relationship?"

As in your opinion.

Yours. Not the real answer. There is no real answer. I want your preference.

Seriously. It's philosophy.

So much as one more person says it depends on the person and I'll just refer you to a grammar site.

Don't get your knickers in a twist because your OP was somewhat ambiguous, an ambiguity I recognised in my reply. I took the time to consider your question and the time to make a response. The least I would ask for in return is some courtesy, not a hissy fit.

I hate when someone is attempting to mind control you or force you to behave in a particular way.

A sane relationship is not about mind control, but about accepting the differences in your individuality.

Seems like a repulsive relationship.

I've only been in 2, one for 3 days before I realized that was a bad idea. You can realize it might not be a good idea if the first thing is start listing things they expect out of you.

It's all about pressure management. Two people who care a lot for each other can spread forces over a greater area, leaving them with less stress, and more pressure for squeezing each other tight.

So in your words, it's about caring for the other person a lot? Not attempting to make your argument here, just curious.

Don't get your knickers in a twist because your OP was somewhat ambiguous, an ambiguity I recognised in my reply. I took the time to consider your question and the time to make a response. The least I would ask for in return is some courtesy, not a hissy fit.

No, I was making a point.

In my opening post, I specifically asked for what you thought was the perfect relationship, not the dump off answer "Everyone's different."

And I pointed that out to you.

Completely fair.

Any relationship requires give and take, giving and taking depends on the individuals and what they want.. .

This is true.

What is your idea of a happy relationship?

Examples can be anything.

Maybe you want to cuddle with your partner a lot, talk a lot, or exercise a lot.

It doesn't really matter. What would you consider a happy relationship?

No, I was making a point.

In my opening post, I specifically asked for what you thought was the perfect relationship, not the dump off answer "Everyone's different."

And I pointed that out to you.

Completely fair.

You were making a point in a petulant manner. This was despite the fact that I had politely informed you that your OP was ambiguous. You know, the bit where I said "There may be as many answers to this as there are couples. Perhaps you also believe this and are seeking some examples." I was acknowledging that maybe you wanted to receive specific ideas, so making your point was quite unnecessary.

If you genuinely believe that your OP was clear and unambiguous, and are unwilling to acknowledge I pointed this out to in my response, then . . . . . .

Edit: I see from your profile you are 14. Ignore everything I said.

Edited by Argent

You were making a point in a petulant manner. This was despite the fact that I had politely informed you that your OP was ambiguous. You know, the bit where I said "There may be as many answers to this as there are couples. Perhaps you also believe this and are seeking some examples." I was acknowledging that maybe you wanted to receive specific ideas, so making your point was quite unnecessary.

If you genuinely believe that your OP was clear and unambiguous, and are unwilling to acknowledge I pointed this out to in my response, then . . . . . .

Sigh.

Very simply, all I did was restate my original question.

Ageist.

If you're gonna stick it out with me, stick it out.

• 3 weeks later...

Phi for All's answer is good. Beyond that, for me it's compatibility of personalities + shared interests = pleasant time together, similar life goals (re: children and many other things), and mutual attraction.