Hyper Sonic Pulsed Detonation {Scram+Rocket} engine Plans

Ben88012

here is a basic picture of a engine that I (sonicxfan83 on YouTube) am designing using minimal research and what I know of physics if I can get feedback that would be great.

post-128182-0-80259300-1493401389.jpg

Edited by Ben88012

here is a basic picture of a engine that I (sonicxfan83 on YouTube) am designing using minimal research and what I know of physics if I can get feedback that would be great.

Plan

1. design

2. Build

3. Test

4. Fine tune

5. Go big

Holy shit that's some very exciting plans. Looks like the work of a ..................................... very artistic 5 year old.

If you're gonna do this, you need more then that.

If you would like help with physics, design, science, engineering, or anything else, you may ask.

But if we say what you're asking for is impossible, it's simply impossible. So be willing to redesign.

Holy shit that's some very exciting plans. Looks like the work of a ..................................... very artistic 5 year old.

If you're gonna do this, you need more then that.

If you would like help with physics, design, science, engineering, or anything else, you may ask.

But if we say what you're asking for is impossible, it's simply impossible. So be willing to redesign.

my computer doesn't have paint so I have to go with pen and paper it also doesn't help that I don't have colors sorry

I tried to use a cad program but the free ones are still to hard to understand

my computer doesn't have paint so I have to go with pen and paper it also doesn't help that I don't have colors sorry

I tried to use a cad program but the free ones are still to hard to understand

The image shows up about 2 and a half inches on my full sized computer screen.

We can't see anything other the the 4 main lines.

I also have posted a videos on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QtnW4pqrKw&t=1s

Proof of concept designs aren't how it works, it's mathematics and prototypes.

First, what is the fuel mixture you are using?

Give the chemical formula, as we can calculate how much energy will be released when burning it. This will give us an idea of how much thrust will be produced by your engine.

Proof of concept designs aren't how it works, it's mathematics and prototypes.

First, what is the fuel mixture you are using?

Give the chemical formula, as we can calculate how much energy will be released when burning it. This will give us an idea of how much thrust will be produced by your engine.

I was thinking of a mix of liquid fluorine and hydrazine for the out of atmosphere combustion or liquid hydrogen and Liquid oxygen

for in atmosphere flight I was thinking of using different types of petrol such as gasoline, kerosene, deasil, jet fuel, crude oil and stuff like that

http://braeunig.us/space/propel.htm

• 3 weeks later...

First off, how is that pulsed detonation ?

Your diagram shows a typical supersonic ramjet, in which the diffuser is shaped such that the air entering is not slowed down to subsonic speed ( typical ramjet ) but compression is achieved by suitable shocks. As such they are very speed sensitive and optimised for a specific flight regime.

The only pulsed detonation engine that I know of ( other than the ones DARPA is working on ) is the engine of the WW2 German V1 ( buzz bomb ), which trapped compressed air before injecting fuel into it, resulting in a series of Bangs which gave it a distinctive sound as it neared.

Your engine shows continuous burn, which is not pulse.

Or are you just using the latest hi-tech buzz words?

If you would look closer at the top and bottom of the picture the purple line is a large dump valve the pink is a valve that changes it from an air breathing system to a internal oxygen supply thus allowing the engine to dump Fuel and oxygen into the combustion area causing an explosion of much higher energy than the scramjet itself The outer sections of the picture can also be a rocket combustion chamber for continuous thrust