Are we loosing earths magnetic shield?

paul.g.griffiths

LOL

Well, it's not exactly wrong...

"at night on earth it's not that much cooler.

How can you honestly believe it?"

Well, the earth is big, so it warms and cools slowly.

It's also heated from within by heat from radioactive decay of things like uranium and thorium.

And it's "lagged" by the atmosphere.

So, it takes a log while to warm up + cool down.

However you have to accept that it's generally colder at night so it's clear that the sun supplies us with heat.

"You have 1 evidence and I have many. Ill stick with mine, others will come around and your be the one alone."

No, you have a single misunderstood observation.

Science has zillions of bits of evidence.

Don't expect to overturn a whole lot of science without even bothering to understand it.

OK, not really anything new.

Poles have CHANGED a great deal but the equator not that much.

OK you don't believe a stranger on a forum but may be your're trust the intelligence within my family? https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=griffiths A family name, skip the first page about my family member rugby player.

Griffith was the last chief/lord/king, a north welsh man who died in battle. 700 years of it. S added to represent "Son of". History in wikipedia and others.

If you go through google your notice were at just about every university in high positions. Others are Rugby players etc, kind of makes sense.

Me, an ex electronic servicing technician. Currenty also a programmer and musician currently building a very real sounding Instrumental synthesizer and I'm not talking Sampler.

Edited by paul.g.griffiths

OK you don't believe a stranger on a forum but may be your're trust the intelligence within my family? https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=griffiths A family name, skip the first page about my family member rugby player.

Griffith was the last chief/lord/king, a north welsh man who died in battle. 700 years of it. S added to represent "Son of". History in wikipedia and others.

If you go through google your notice were at just about every university in high positions. Others are Rugby players etc, kind of makes sense.

Me, an ex electronic servicing technician. Currenty also a programmer and musician currently building a very real sounding Instrumental synthesizer and I'm not talking Sampler.

That's about as relevant and impressive as the fact that my mum taught one of the Spice Girls.

It would have been better if you spent the time learning some science.

Maybe by now you could have caught up with the world of astronomy from Archimedes time.

Then you would, at least, understand how we have known (at least roughly) the distance to the Sun for thousands of years.

The poles have flipped many times, in the Earths history, what makes you think the equator hasn't?

Changed a great deal has nothing to do with many times, I'm talking temperature , why would anyone be that stupid?

Jump on a forum thread like a bully............. @----<-----<----- heres a flower.

That's about as relevant and impressive as the fact that my mum taught one of the Spice Girls.

It would have been better if you spent the time learning some science.

Maybe by now you could have caught up with the world of astronomy from Archimedes time.

Then you would, at least, understand how we have known (at least roughly) the distance to the Sun for thousands of years.

Distance from the sun is about 1% of this forum thread, it was only meant to be brain teaser.

Radar detectorsarrow-10x10.png, ok.... bouncing off the sun? Would be pretty hard to miss it's million times bigger than earth, distance is irrelevant...

And scary spice is skint... are you proud to say which one? Zig-A-Zig Ahhhhhhhhh

spice-girls.jpg

Changed a great deal has nothing to do with many times, I'm talking temperature , why would anyone be that stupid?

Jump on a forum thread like a bully............. @----<-----<----- heres a flower.

Then you're talking bollox, given the thread title.

Cuthber your family is celtic based in wales... a saint 0320cuthbert.jpghttps://oca.org/saints/lives/2000/03/20/109071-st-cuthbert-wonderworker-of-britain

Chief/lord/king is about the family who can solve the most amount of problems with the least amount of effort, saint vs 700 years of king...

Not religious but there you go...

Saint spice girl?

Seems mostly religious sinse with a small amount of university, which way you go is your own journey.

Then you're talking bollox, given the thread title.

DIMreepr, guess your not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree?

Radar detectorsarrow-10x10.png, ok.... bouncing off the sun? Would be pretty hard to miss it's million times bigger than earth, distance is irrelevant...

Who said anything about bouncing radar off the sun? I doubt that is possible.

But distance is not irrelevant: radar is used to measure distance (that is what the D stands for).

You criticise others for not being relevant when they talk about the topic of your thread. But then you post nonsense about bouncing radar off the sun, the spice girls and saints. What is wrong with you?

Cuthber your family is celtic based in wales... a saint

Sorry to disappoint, but I post under a pseudonym.Also, a man with the surname Cuthbert is more likely to be descended from a follower than from the saint. He was a monk and never married.

However, St Cuthbert would have had access to a reasonable estimate of the distance to the sun.

He would also have observed with his own eyes that shadows look pretty much the same size as the object that casts them.

So, had he thought about it, he would have realised that the rays of light from the Sun are nearly parallel.

And, had he considered how those rays of sunlight fell on the round Earth, he could have explained why it was cold at the poles and warm at the equator.

So, he'd have had a better grasp of science than you have all these years later.

However, St Cuthbert would have had access to a reasonable estimate of the distance to the sun.

Yes, he was born in 634 AD, he sat in his time machine... he magically appeared one day and had no family.

Back then the earth was flat.

As for parallel, I was thinking along that the other week.

Paul.g.griffiths (talk) 12:54, 16 July 2017 (UTC)

"Your recent additions to Talk:Geomagnetic reversal have been removed as the comments were not about article improvement."

That pic is not true, you have terrible education, the run radiates, it's radial, think onion rings and not a beam.

Why don't you draw the radial lines from the Sun at the distance of the Earth? I think you will find they are pretty much parallel.

Edited by Strange

"Your recent additions to Talk:Geomagnetic reversal have been removed as the comments were not about article improvement."

Why don't you draw the radial lines from the Sun at the distance of the Earth? I think you will find they are pretty much parallel.

"When your strange eveyone remembers your name" Bad Boys.

So obvious surprised you posted it... or not...

But due to gravity the earth would distort these lines to produce? 1 more fact... to add to my theory.... but then may be the sun would always appear above.... was einstein correct? or may be distort only a little?

Anyway, would be pretty hard to draw radial lines as radial from every sun atom, but lits not get too complicated... or... probably an elipse shape pointing 90 degrees from sun to earth if you say shorter distance between lines represent strength...

It's ok to appear clever, as long as you do.

If your bored? How do we get seasons? Australias summer is britains winter.

I would look it up but what does everyone believe?

Wisdom comes from knowledge, knowledge to do things, things that make us love, love to make music!

Would any of your relatives be able to give you some tuition in grammar, spelling, logical thinking, basic science and manners? It would be a start.

I've noticed the forum has a section called the Trash Can. Would that not be a better home for this thread?

Edited by Area54

Just a guess so far.

The tilt does not change and the distance from the sun changing would effect the 2 countries the same.

So, may be a heat area rotating around the planet yearly, may be a difference in atmosphere thickness?

Quite a puzzle and may be relevant to this thread. May be Nobel Prize worthy if not been answered?

Certainly effecting near the poles, some strange effect going up and down.

Getting closer... This may be weakening**... or getting stronger*

:)

Just a guess so far.

The tilt does not change and the distance from the sun changing would effect the 2 countries the same.

So, may be a heat area rotating around the planet yearly, may be a difference in atmosphere thickness?

Quite a puzzle and may be relevant to this thread.

Not really, given the thread title.

One hemisphere is tllted towards the Sun and gets more radiation The other hemisphere is tilted away and gets less.

Quite a puzzle and may be relevant to this thread. May be Nobel Prize worthy if not been answered?

Again, this is normally explained at primary school. Presumably you missed school completely. That explains a lot.

One hemisphere is tllted towards the Sun and gets more radiation The other hemisphere is tilted away and gets less.

That would produce one being hotter than the other. What changes to produce seasons?

Open your eyes, think for yourself.

Seasons: Some strange effect going up and down, literally! Or going around.

That would produce one being hotter than the other. What changes to produce seasons?

Open your eyes, think for yourself.

Imagine it is winter in the Northern hemisphere. The Earth's north pole is pointed away from the sun at an angle of about 23 degrees. That axial tilt means the axis is always pointing towards the same spot among the "fixed" stars. (At least over the time frame we are considering.) However, as the Earth moves around the sun the north pole must, six months later be leaning towards it. The reverse is true in the southern hemisphere. Hence the seasons.

As others have commented this is very simple stuff that is taught in primary school. It is very basic. Perhaps you would benefit from taking your own advice. Begin by opening your eyes. I recommend holding off on thinking for yourself. You may not be ready for that yet.

Imagine it is winter in the Northern hemisphere. The Earth's north pole is pointed away from the sun at an angle of about 23 degrees. That axial tilt means the axis is always pointing towards the same spot among the "fixed" stars. (At least over the time frame we are considering.) However, as the Earth moves around the sun the north pole must, six months later be leaning towards it. The reverse is true in the southern hemisphere. Hence the seasons.

As others have commented this is very simple stuff that is taught in primary school. It is very basic. Perhaps you would benefit from taking your own advice. Begin by opening your eyes. I recommend holding off on thinking for yourself. You may not be ready for that yet.

Are you saying something like on graph paper the tilt is always pointing left looking from above?

I thought and was thinking the top was always pointing towards the sun.

Got that wrong: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axial_tilt

OK,

In Britain:

Summer changes from about 30 degrees day to 10 degrees night.

Winter is/was 0 day to - 5 night.

Summer changes more than winter.

Now having a little think about this thread... bbl

Are you saying something like on graph paper the tilt is always pointing left looking from above?

OK,

In Britain:

Summer changes from about 30 degrees day to 10 degrees night.

Winter is/was 0 day to - 5 night.

Summer changes more than winter.

Now having a little think about this thread... bbl

Better late than never.

And then you can apologise to all the people you insulted because you didn't know WTF you were talking about.

Incidentally, have you ever heard of this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angular_momentum#Conservation_of_angular_momentum

I second that emotion.

I was going to say "third" but things seem to be looking up.

Paul seems to have recognised that the entire weight of science outweighs the fact that his surname is Griffiths.

People keep saying the poles are cooler due to radiation being spread out over a larger distance.

The sun being so large think make only a small difference.

So probably more along the lines of the beam from the sun going at a different angle so more atmosphere to go through. Irelevant of atmosphere thickness seems to be around double:

atmosphere.jpg

Seems figures are now needed for my thread.

If correct then double(2) the change.

Pole: Was frozen at something like -30. Now melting so someẃhere around 0. Difference of 30 degrees. So 15 degrees change per "thickness of equator".

Equator Say 38 degrees. Global warming is only about 1 degrees.

Anyone care to explain?

Just a little reading would point towards the answer...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axial_tilt

Snap.

Maybe you should consider that there may be other massive gaps in your knowledge. Because there are. You appear to be profoundly ignorant and seem to have missed any sort of education and, rather than lecturing people, you should spend some time studying.

Edited by Strange

People keep saying the poles are cooler due to radiation being spread out over a larger distance.

The sun being so large think make only a small difference.

So probably more along the lines of the beam from the sun going at a different angle so more atmosphere to go through. Irelevant of atmosphere thickness seems to be around double:

atmosphere.jpg

Seems figures are now needed for my thread.

Can you not see? The lines that intersect our world in your graphic are longer at the poles, therefore the energy contained in those lines are more spread out and therefore the heat is less concentrated.