Color Blindness

Derps

Look. I made her take another damn test. These are what she couldn't see.

Can you PLEASE explain to me what's wrong with her now if you guys claim she isn't color blind? The test claims she is, and I tested her again myself by showing her a few different shades of blue and asking if they look the same and to some she replied yes. So then is she this type of color blind? Because if so, why would she see yellow and green reversed, if she does? Isn't there any way to fix this other than EnChroma glasses..

http://imgur.com/a/G263O

She sees the left and middle one as the same for example

http://imgur.com/a/TYxQO

None of what you've said in any way supports your claim that she sees yellow for green. Not being able to distinguish between shades of blue is not that same thing. If she's colour blind, there are plenty of tests that can tell her what type of colour blindness she has. Does the EnChroma one not do this? If so, what did it say?

And just to add, no one said she wasn't colour blind. We're addressing what you posted regarding her seeing yellow for green and green for yellow. I'm not sure that would even count as colour blindness, even if it were true.

None of what you've said in any way supports your claim that she sees yellow for green. Not being able to distinguish between shades of blue is not that same thing. If she's colour blind, there are plenty of tests that can tell her what type of colour blindness she has. Does the EnChroma one not do this? If so, what did it say?

And just to add, no one said she wasn't colour blind. We're addressing what you posted regarding her seeing yellow for green and green for yellow. I'm not sure that would even count as colour blindness, even if it were true.

Is there any way to find out if she's seeing green and yellow properly, or reversed? Other than possibly wearing Enchroma glasses...? And it did say she had some sort of color blindness but when i drew the letter 7 in yellow on a green square, she couldn't see it.. so.. I don't know what that was. I drew a bright yellow 8 (I think it was bright yellow) on a regular-ish yellow square and she saw a 0 I think.

Maybe to make things a bit clearer, we have three types of cones that are used to encode our colour vision. If there was a perfect shift, it would most likely happen in the brain, but would only make sense if she had normal vision before. I.e. in order to notice perfect inversion the perception has to change. Any other aberration on the detection level (i.e. on the chromophore in the cones) changes the perceived palette, but does not cause perfect inversion. Rather they have problem telling colour apart. In your example if she can't see a yellow number on a green background it means that she is likely unable to tell those apart. If the sight was inverted there would be enough contrast for her to distinguish those regardless what she calls yellow or green. However, it also depends quite a bit on lighting and the specific hue, so online tests may not be terrible accurate as monitors are usually not colour-corrected. That being said, you could compare it with your perception and see where the potential issues are.

Take a look here http://www.colourblindawareness.org/colour-blindness/types-of-colour-blindness/ where the various effects are nicely described.

You can get her to do colour blindness tests online so you can see what her problem actually is. EnChroma has a free one.

I've been giving her that one to do and showed you the results.. I think that was enchroma anyway

I've been giving her that one to do and showed you the results.. I think that was enchroma anyway

I haven't seen where you've shown the EnChroma results, just some random tests of your own. The EnChroma test should specify what sort of colourblindness she has. If it doesn't, try one of the many others the Internet has to offer.

There is a series of programmes on BBC television

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08ghp29

A couple of the cases were very similar to what you are describing, where sense information gets scrambled, some are even more bizare.

I don't know what you can access online but Dr Weston's programmes are also available on DVD.

Many of the cases were from the US if you are there.

Perhaps you can interest a researcher in your friend's case.

In what color does she sees the sun?

She said green I think

There is a series of programmes on BBC television

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08ghp29

A couple of the cases were very similar to what you are describing, where sense information gets scrambled, some are even more bizare.

I don't know what you can access online but Dr Weston's programmes are also available on DVD.

Many of the cases were from the US if you are there.

Perhaps you can interest a researcher in your friend's case.

What is this site

Give her both a yellow and a green fluorescent marker. Ask her which one is brightest ...

This is very subjective, but it seems like the only way to me to really know whether she doesn't know the name of the colours, or truly has some sort of colour swap thing going on in her brains (because really, her eyes are fine).

I think most of us would agree saying the yellow fluorescent marker is brightest, aye?

So if she says the green fluorescent marker is brighter, there's this little chance that indeed, there's some wicked spooky crazy magician stuff going on in her brains. Then consider consulting a neurologist or, indeed, a neuro-ophthalmologist.

How old is she?

Edited by Function

Give her both a yellow and a green fluorescent marker. Ask her which one is brightest ...

This is very subjective, but it seems like the only way to me to really know whether she doesn't know the name of the colours, or truly has some sort of colour swap thing going on in her brains (because really, her eyes are fine).

I think most of us would agree saying the yellow fluorescent marker is brightest, aye?

So if she says the green fluorescent marker is brighter, there's this little chance that indeed, there's some wicked spooky crazy magician stuff going on in her brains. Then consider consulting a neurologist or, indeed, a neuro-ophthalmologist.

How old is she?

Could you find me an image of them to send her if that's possible..? And she's 15.

How old is she?

wyihzz1399344921663.jpg

Would this work?

How old is she?

.... She said the bottom marker is brighter from the pic i showed and said the top of the hat is brighter in the below pic..

1239b1a995d23657e84f9dc010a03c85.jpg

I told you I wasn't wrong..

2017-05-07.png

She said Frisk (this character/sprite) looks green (the skin), when I asked if Frisk looked a bit like a skin tone kind of color ( I thought asking her that may help )

So why the hell is she seeing green as yellow and yellow as green what is this ;-;

She said green I think

Your said "She can see super light shades of yellow and green properly I think. But if it's a regular color or darker, she seems them as opposite. Please try to understand.." Then she should see the sun as white/yellow because it gives very intense light.

Your said "She can see super light shades of yellow and green properly I think. But if it's a regular color or darker, she seems them as opposite. Please try to understand.." Then she should see the sun as white/yellow because it gives very intense light.

It depends on the shade.. not all light shades.

Yellow-Shades.jpg

Like here I think she only saw banana and daffodil as normal.

So what's wrong with her?

It depends on the shade.. not all light shades.

Yellow-Shades.jpg

Like here I think she only saw banana and daffodil as normal.

So what's wrong with her?

Nothing.

Throughout the thread, her symptoms have changed and flipped around and continued to become different disorders and then revert back to a non-existent one.

She is not seeing green as yellow.

Trust me.

If you grew up, and learned that yellow was called purple, you'd call it purple right?

It's yellow, but you wouldn't know you had it wrong. Because you learned to call it purple.

Take three people, and they all see the color blue as something different. One see's red, one see's purple, one sees green. But every single one of them learned to call it blue, so they do. And nobody will ever be able to tell they see something different. Because, this is likely the case throughout the world. Everyone seeing different colors, but nobody knowing what others see.

You can't describe color to a blind person who was blind from birth.

Like wise, you can't explain the difference of green and yellow to someone who's always seen them flipped.

The only possible explanation I can find, is if she grew up speaking a different language, and then learned English later in life, and got the colors mixed up.

But if that isn't the case, either she's insane or she's pulling your leg. That's just the way it is.

You can deny it, but it's true. She does not have any disorder. Nothing is wrong with her.

On the other hand, if it is a game of some sort, play along and figure out what she wants.

She might have a thing for you and likes the attention.

Whatever lies at the bottom of this intrigues me: either neuro-ophthalmology, psychology or a prank that has been going on for a bit too long for what it's worth.

I'm going for one of the last 2 options.

Subscribing to this post :P

By the way, if she really said the gray-greenish-blackish-whateverkindofcolour top of the hat is brighter than the flashy yellow part of the hat, then it doesn't seem like a green-yellow colour swap to me and it seems like their parents most surely did have a great fun time of mis-educating her - if that would be the case, that'd be a serious offense to me and should be punishable by law.

But I'm not insinuating they did.

Edited by Function

Nothing.

Throughout the thread, her symptoms have changed and flipped around and continued to become different disorders and then revert back to a non-existent one.

She is not seeing green as yellow.

Trust me.

If you grew up, and learned that yellow was called purple, you'd call it purple right?

It's yellow, but you wouldn't know you had it wrong. Because you learned to call it purple.

Take three people, and they all see the color blue as something different. One see's red, one see's purple, one sees green. But every single one of them learned to call it blue, so they do. And nobody will ever be able to tell they see something different. Because, this is likely the case throughout the world. Everyone seeing different colors, but nobody knowing what others see.

You can't describe color to a blind person who was blind from birth.

Like wise, you can't explain the difference of green and yellow to someone who's always seen them flipped.

The only possible explanation I can find, is if she grew up speaking a different language, and then learned English later in life, and got the colors mixed up.

But if that isn't the case, either she's insane or she's pulling your leg. That's just the way it is.

You can deny it, but it's true. She does not have any disorder. Nothing is wrong with her.

On the other hand, if it is a game of some sort, play along and figure out what she wants.

She might have a thing for you and likes the attention.

She's my girlfriend.

She never lied to me and I'm not naive for not thinking that she's playing me because she isn't and I know this as a fact and with proof. She has spoken English her whole life. What she sees isn't changing. It stays at her seeing yellow as green and green as yellow. But I think, according to her, she sees very light shades of yellow and green properly, as I showed above (yellow shades). And just because you don't know of something like this existing doesn't mean it can't. Things exist people don't even know about yet, or many anyway. I just want to know how to fix what she sees and what it is that is causing this.

And if she was seeing properly but was miseducated in the names of colors, why would she say Frisk's skin tone looks nothing like a (white) human skin tone, but instead, green? I tested her many times with color blind tests and testing what she sees myself by showing her different shades and colors and asking what she sees (she doesn't see much difference in a few shades of blue, too).

She's my girlfriend.

She never lied to me and I'm not naive for not thinking that she's playing me because she isn't and I know this as a fact and with proof. She has spoken English her whole life. What she sees isn't changing. It stays at her seeing yellow as green and green as yellow. But I think, according to her, she sees very light shades of yellow and green properly, as I showed above (yellow shades). And just because you don't know of something like this existing doesn't mean it can't. Things exist people don't even know about yet, or many anyway. I just want to know how to fix what she sees and what it is that is causing this.

And if she was seeing properly but was miseducated in the names of colors, why would she say Frisk's skin tone looks nothing like a (white) human skin tone, but instead, green? I tested her many times with color blind tests and testing what she sees myself by showing her different shades and colors and asking what she sees (she doesn't see much difference in a few shades of blue, too).

You see, I have no problem at all with age; even when a five-year old were to come here with some statements I'd be delighted to listen to them and think about them.

We've put a lot of thought in this matter, but it seems as if we're all missing the point here. If she were to be miseducated (a serious problem), then there's no way you could tell whether she genuinely is seeing the colours swapped, or she's just giving them other names and refusing to call them by their proper name.

So when she looks at the sun, she says its green? There's nothing wrong with my eyes, but I wouldn't even call it yellow, rather white, when staring into it (just don't do this for a respectable time), which would imply that she's even mistaking white for green. And then you've got to be kidding us and she just has no red or blue cones. Which is not the case.

If you genuinely feel like there's something new, bizarre, going on here, since this forum is based on evidence, and there doesn't seem to be proper evidence (yet) on the problem you describe here, I suggest you take her to a neurologist or a neuro-ophthalmologist. At least someone with a good sense of neuroscience. If you don't feel like taking that step, I feel like you're messing with us and this is a call for attention rather than a call for help, because truly, we can't help you or her whatsoever. Even more, we aren't allowed to (house rules).

Here's another image. It's a package of an antihistaminicum I take. As you can see, it has a gradient from full yellow to lighter, faded yellow. As stated by you before, she should see lighter shades of yellow correctly and darker/brighter shades as green. Could you present to her this image and ask her exactly on which point she sees a transition from green (left) to yellow (right)? Is it a transitional field, gradually transitioning from green to yellow, or is the transition rather abrupt?

post-100256-0-43476700-1494304550.jpg

If it's an abrupt transition, ask her on which letter, for instance, the transition is located (e.g. "the ®" from "Cetirizine EG®").

If it's not abrupt, but rather a gradual transition, ask her on which point she'd define according to her subjective interpretation, her point of transition from green to yellow.

Edited by Function

She's my girlfriend.

She never lied to me and I'm not naive for not thinking that she's playing me because she isn't and I know this as a fact and with proof.

Funny you left out that little piece of information.

And actually, you have no proof. Not solid proof at least. Go to a actual eye doctor and get help from him.