What is Freemasonry about?

jimmydasaint

I saw a programme today on British television which showed the inside of the Grand Temple of Freemasonry - the United Grand Lodge of England. This was pure propaganda for the Freemasons and showed, at one point, light emanating from the genitalia of one of the Grand Masters of this movement. Freemasons were trying to show it as a charitable organisation which is involved with the improvement of the self.

I don't believe them!

In my opinion, it looks, from a perfunctory reading, that Freemasonry is a religion with religious rituals and is set up to organise mutual backscratching to the point of illegality.

Freemasons that I have come across in the past have been some of the most evil men I have ever met. They talk semi religious nonsense to attract members and then organise bloodthirsty oaths to keep these unfortunate men in the fold of "The Craft".

The ravings of one of their most revered leaders, Albert Pike, can be read here:

http://www.freemasons-freemasonry.com/apikefr.html

It looks as if Freemasonry is an alternative religion if you believe the writings of a former Freemason:

http://www.cuttingedge.org/free004.html

The God of this particular religion, if you rise high enough in the ranks appears to be Lucifer.

Masonry is anti-Christian in its teachings. For example, J.M. Ward in FREEMASONRY - ITS AIMS AND IDEALS wrote (Pg.187), "I boldly avere that freemasonry is a religion, yet it no way conflicts with any other religion, unless that religion holds that no one outside its portals can be saved." Ward, in his statement, reveals the fact that masonry has no conflict with any apostate religion on the face of the earth, but he also reveals that masonry is in conflict with Christianity. The Bible says, "Neither is there salvation in any other, for there is none other name under heaven given among men whereby we MUST be saved" (Acts 4:12). Jesus said, "No man cometh unto the Father but by Me." (Jn. 14:6). The Bible is plainly teaching that there is only one way to heaven and that is Christ.

A prominent college president said of masonry, "It is a Luciferian religion. We are fully aware of its diabolical origin and purpose. I believe that any born-again Christian, when the facts from the lips of Masonic writers themselves are presented showing that masonry is a religion and is the worship of Satan, will immediately withdraw." To this I must add my hearty agreement! The God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ, the only True and Living God, has clearly commanded Christians, "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers, and swear not at all, and have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them."

http://www.cuttingedge.org/free004.html

This is only my opinion and I am not trying to hurt members of the Forum who are Freemasons. However, I do feel that they have scored a significant victory in appearing on peak time TV with a sanitised version to attract new members.

What do others know about these secretive people in "The Craft?"

Edited by jimmydasaint

I was very careful with my words. I said "appears to be Lucifer". the former Freemason wrote about it, not me.​

Freemasonry is a men's club which only allows people to join if they believe in a god or gods.

am ignorant about Freemasonry, which degree are you?

None, I am a bit young to join I have been invited a few times though and I am an atheist.

Freemasonry is a men's club which only allows people to join if they believe in a god or gods.

None, I am a bit young to join I have been invited a few times though and I am an atheist.

OK. thank you for that information. I should also explain that one of my friends is a lapsed Freemason and is not one of the evil guys I referred to in the OP. In fact, he is a decent bloke who I respect.

Base to Temple... yes... We have another one, yes he has revealed the plan... hold... coordinates set, missil away! Send in the black helicopters to clean...

:)

... This was pure propaganda for the Freemasons and showed, at one point, light emanating from the genitalia of one of the Grand Masters of this movement. ...

If that is their idea of a "sales pitch" who the hell are they trying to recruit?

Who responds positively to an offer to "Join the Masons and get a free luminous dick!"

If that is their idea of a "sales pitch" who the hell are they trying to recruit?

Who responds positively to an offer to "Join the Masons and get a free luminous dick!"

:) I think these were light and camera effects meant to show purity. It was a bit OTT.

Nevertheless, I am a bit frightened of this stuff if I am honest:

Master Masons promise not to cheat, defraud, or do violence to a Master Mason. They promise not to commit adultery with the wife of a Master Mason or seduce his sister, daughter, or other female relative. These promises only apply to fellow Master Masons. They do not protect non-Masons, Entered Apprentices, or Fellow Crafts and their families.

Masons are required to tell lies and even perjure themselves to protect other Masons. They are also required to obey even orders which they know to be immoral:

"You must conceal all the crimes of your brother Masons, except murder and treason, and these only at your own option, and should you be summoned as a witness against a brother Mason be always sure to shield him. Prevaricate [falsify], don't tell the whole truth in his case, keep his secrets, forget the most important points. It may be perjury to do this, it is true, but you're keeping your obligations, and remember if you live up to your obligation strictly, you'll be free from sin." (Edmond Ronayne, "Masonic Handbook," page 183)

"Right or wrong his very existence as a Mason hangs upon obedience to the powers immediately set above him. The one unpardonable crime in a Mason is contumacy [insubordination] or disobedience." (Robert Morris, "Webb's Monitor of Freemasonry," page 169)

According to masonic oaths, Masons are to be killed if they reveal masonic secrets. In 1826, Captain William Morgan, a high-degree Mason, made masonic secrets public in his book "Freemasonry Exposed." According to the "Masonic Handbook," he was murdered for it.

"When a brother reveals any of our great secrets; whenever, for instance, he tells anything about Boaz, or Tubalcain, or Jachin, or that awful Mah-hah-bone, or even whenever a minister prays in the name of Christ in any of our assemblies, you must always hold yourself in readiness, if called upon, to cut his throat from ear to ear, pull out his tongue by the roots, and bury his body at the bottom of some lake or pond. Of course, all this must be done in secret, as it was in the case of that notorious man Morgan, for both law and civilization are opposed to such barbarous crimes, but then, you know you must live up to your obligation, and so long as you have sworn to do it, by being very strict and obedient in the matter, you'll be free from sin." (Edmond Ronayne, "Masonic Handbook," page 74)

http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/006/freemasons.htm

The only person I spoke to who was ,or was thinking of becoming a member tole me quite cynically that it was just a club and that it would be good to have someone at your back.

In its favour it does have a tradition but I have no idea what kind of a belief system it actually expounds(if any as it does have a whiff of the laughable)

Is it "men only"?

The only person I spoke to who was ,or was thinking of becoming a member tole me quite cynically that it was just a club and that it would be good to have someone at your back.

In its favour it does have a tradition but I have no idea what kind of a belief system it actually expounds(if any as it does have a whiff of the laughable)

Is it "men only"?

Its not men only, their are female freemasons too.

To become a freemason you must believe in a god, it doesnt matter what version, and be prepared to submit to their deity what ever that might be conceived to be.

Alberty Pike wrote a book on freemasonry, it is freely downloadable from the guttenberg project. It is one of the most mind numbingly boring pretentious books in the known universe.

The ultimate aim of freemasonry according to his book is to have a one world government, whereby everyone lives in fear of an after life, where you will be punished, if you dont do as you are told.

The purpose of religion and ultimately of the mystery plays, according to Pike is to subjugate the human mind and soul. Oh and freemasons get to rule via devine right given to them by their god or something like ET, or deities maybe.

The current version of freemasonry according to freemasons originates circa 13th century after the crusades.

According to the Polychronicon the first lodge meeting was pre 4000BC. Freemasonry also has origins in the Egytian religions with the Egyptian rite of freemasonry circa 3500BC and the solar god myth concept.

Basically it is a funny handshake club that most likely is responsible for most of the shit that is going on the world today, but they think they are a benefit to mankind. Like what did the Romans do for us, genicide torture etc was a good thing according to history.

As for the devil analogy above this is metaphysics, and is lost in the mists of mythology and religion. Lucifer or Abraxus was on the seal of the templars. The Druze today still believe Abraxas is a good god thingy. They also believe in transmigration of spirits from body to body, a bit like born again christians and speaking in tongues I understand. Which is reincarnation without the messy rebirth, if you are into this sort of thing.

Today freemasons would like to be considered as benefits to society, many politicians and royalty globally are freemasons. In the past freemasonry has been involved in metaphysics, and infact the rosicrutian freemasons are responsible for the current version of wicka we have kicking around today.

The world is ruled by freemasons and has been for millenia. There is no conceivable way they will go away, they are embedded into law making and government, and are here to stay. All American Presidents have been freemasons, even Donald Trump I understand is Rosicrutian, which contrary to popular belief is not a religion.

So dont crap yourself, it is the way the world works. They are working towards a one world government, and a temple in Jerusalem. It is better to knuckle down and believe what your rulers want you to believe. If you want to get ahead become a freemason and be considered a benefit to humanity.

Pope Pius x stated the Jesus MYTH has served them well, it may be that all freemnasons are fully aware including the head of the church of england Queeny are fully aware that religions are based on myth but promote them to subjugate the masses.
Andy

So dont crap yourself, it is the way the world works. They are working towards a one world government, and a temple in Jerusalem.​

Doesn't every religion want to take over the world though you're obviously going to have some radicals in any religious organisation? Yes the temple of king Solomon. Don't forget they are a club of religious people who see that temple as a holy place present in most religions and therefore it is the best clubhouse. If the temple was supposedly have been built anywhere else there never would have been a problem they would have just excavated there to see if any remains were left and probably built a temple however a muslim holy place is around that area and so it has become a point of contention since some muslims do not want freemasons excavating and potentially damaging that holy place.

Its not men only, their are female freemasons too.

That's a more recent thing and most lodges don't have female members. There is however no rules stating women can't join it just happened that most members were men. New members are voted in by secret ballot so I would assume sterotypes against women would have been a factor.

Edited by fiveworlds

Lots of Misinformation here, but maybe I can clear it up. First off-- Yes, I am a Freemason.

The TV program you saw was probably put together by Scottish Rite Freemasonry, of which Albert Pike was a founder. There are two versions-- Scottish Rite and York Rite, both of which confer degrees up to the 32nd degree. However, these two organizations are branches of freemasonry for those who are interested in lots of ancient rituals and other things-- and they are NOT the original Freemasonry organization. Frankly and honestly, Albert Pike wrote a lot of stuff that I don't care for, but he is not and never was the spokesman for Freemasonry.

Freemasonry originated with individual lodges and three levels of membership (Degrees). The Masonic Lodges you see around the country are part of this original organization-- which is divided by State in the United States. These State Grand Lodges are totally independent and do not answer to any higher authority.

Scottish Rite and York Rite Masonry are later creations by Masons who were (my opinion here) overly fascinated with ancient rituals and religions and wanted to delve into all this stuff. A Mason who belongs to a local Lodge and is a Master Mason (3rd Degree) can join one of these organization. But it is important to understand that they do not control Freemasonry. They are simply offshoots and are not part of the State or country Grand Lodges.

The Masonic Lodges you see in most towns are what Masons call "Blue Lodges" and consist of three degrees: 1st, 2nd and 3rd (also called a Master Mason). They are NOT part of Scottish or York Rite and do not take their orders from those organizations.

Now-- talking about the "Blue Lodges", A Masonic lodge is a fraternity (men's organization). In order to become a member a Man must (1) believe in God and (2) be of good moral character. In times of difficulty we try to look out for our members and their families-- but we can't always do much because our members are not rich. However, we do an informal background check on every applicant and to become a member you have to have unanimous approval of the members. So, once a man joins one of our lodges we have a pretty good confidence that he is a good man (no guarantees here, but we try). When Masons travel to other places, they can always look for a local lodge in order to meet local people who are (most likely) of good moral character. This is why we have secret modes of recognition (well-- mostly secret). When we meet someone who claims to be a Mason we can at least try to determine if he is telling the truth. And-- this is why we require a belief in God-- on the old principle that a man who swears an oath of membership on his own book of religion can most likely be trusted to be telling the truth. However, we do not ask what religion a man is (or even if he claims a religion) because religious freedom is part of our culture.

What do Blue Lodges do? We have a social life like any other fraternity. We support Public Education (Scholarships and other programs with local schools). We support youth groups. We support the Shriner Hospitals for Children (in America). Probably most people don't know that the "Shriners" are Masons.

I can't talk to the claim that the Grand Master had a light at his genitalia-- but I'm guessing this refers to the symbol on the apron he wears. Traditionally Masons wear a white apron which is intended to be a reminder of need for a man to exhibit purity of life and rectitude of conduct in order to be found worthy upon his death. The officers of the Lodge wear aprons during ceremonies that have different symbols indicating what office they hold. One of those symbols is sometimes the All-seeing eye as shown on a dollar bill. This is based on a Biblical verse that the all-seeing eye pervades the inmost recesses of the human heart and rewards us according to our merits. I can see how this could have led to the "light on the genitalia" but its just clothing.

The claim has been made that Masonry is Anti-Christ or associated with the devil. This claim originated with fundamentalist Christians in the United States. This is because Masonry insists on freedom of religion and does not permit symbols specific to a specific religion in our ceremonies. Many Christians in the US have been offended by this since "Obviously" the Christian Religion is the only true religion. Since the Mason won't pray to Christ they must be devil worshipers. Our only reply to those people is that apparent;y they do not support the US Constitution, since it guarantees freedom of religion.

Nothing I have related here is a Masonic secret. I am posting it to provide some information for those with an honest interest in knowing more, but don't bother to try to take it apart, critique or refute, because I live in a community where Freemasons are respected and that's all that matters to me.

For those who want to read more: http://www.masonicworld.com/education/files/25%20landmarks%20of%20freemasonry.htm

Edited by OldChemE

Nothing I have related here is a Masonic secret. I am posting it to provide some information for those with an honest interest in knowing more, but don't bother to try to take it apart, critique or refute, because I live in a community where Freemasons are respected and that's all that matters to me

Thank you for sharing. Both my father and grandfather were royal arch grand master masons and both died without telling me very much about it. Certainly the fact my father was a mason was only mentioned to me at his funeral.

Yeah, I know a few and they are okay on the whole.

This is why we have secret modes of recognition (well-- mostly secret). When we meet someone who claims to be a Mason we can at least try to determine if he is telling the truth. And-- this is why we require a belief in God-- on the old principle that a man who swears an oath of membership on his own book of religion can most likely be trusted to be telling the truth. However, we do not ask what religion a man is (or even if he claims a religion) because religious freedom is part of our culture.

I was talking with an acquaintance who is a member and he mentioned this. Receiving substantial local help when he needed it while traveling abroad with his family.

Accepted there are many different types of freemasonry, and the USA has a number of modern versions, as well as the older (rosicrutian being one). The american constitution stipulates freedom of religion, however today with vice president believing in creation theory, and president claiming extreme religious views also is a little concerning, especially when they have fingers on nuclear buttons.

There are many types of freemasonry mostly secretive ancient and new. Trying to separate one type of mason from another when dealing with largely secret organisations, is a waste of time. They might as well all go in the same bag.

Something I pulled of the official catholic website some time ago

Lodges from Turkey to Portugal, from Italy to Ireland and Poland, Among the signatories are the Grand Orient of France, the Grand Lodge of Austria, Switzerland, the Grand Orient, the Grand Lodge of France, the Grand Orient of Belgium, the Grand Lodge of Belgium, the Grand Orient of Croatia, of the Grand Orient of Ireland, the Grand Lodge of Italy, the Grand Orient of Luxembourg, the Grand Orient of Poland, the Grand Orient of Portugal, the Grand Orient of Greece, the Women's Grand Lodge of Turkey and others. They call on the European governments to not only receive the oncoming immigrants but take more and more in the future. In addition, they are also making visible a constructive convergence with the official policies of the European Union and the majority of EU member states.

From the above not only can you see there are female masons, but also they interfere in politics.

The Scottish Rite of freemasonry was written about by Albert Pike in "morals and dogma" and whilst today freemasons have dropped most of there humiliating initiation ceremonies, they certainly had a few, which amusingly freemasons dont like talking about as a conversation starter.

Rumours of the skull and bones club at Yale. 322 and the founding date written on their motif 1812 I think it is. Yale was a divinity college, 322 is a refernece to the genesis when mankind got chucked out of eden. This is of no great interest other than nearly all presidents of the united states have belonged to this club. They are regularly photographed with different skulls they have collected in group photos. The skulls are all different, one in particular was a very strange shaped skull, elongated, with a fracture down one side and a damaged eye socket. The only person I have seen in history with a head shaped like this was president lincoln who was assinated, and the autopsy report showed damaged eye socket and fractured skull from the bullet that killed him.

Amusingly shamans in indonesia claim possesion of animal spirits that allow them to climb trees like monkeys, and head but coconuts thrown onto them from the tops of trees by there shaman monkey friends. The deities are kept in containers or skulls.

The skull and bones motif is also asscociated with the Jesuits, a evil bunch of religious fanatics and liars depending on who you listen too. A typical way for a mason to have been put to death was to remove the top of his head if he had not been following instructions. The Kennedy asassination springs to mind here, where his head was blown apart by three bullets, or one magic bullet. One of the skulls used at Yale is a damaged skull which is used as a post box for voting.

Whilst collecting skulls could be regarded as high jinx by a bunch of lads whi want to be members of a famous club, it is illegal in most countries. a number of attempts to were made to rob lincolns grave, he is now burried under concrete, a relative of his inspected his remains to make sure they were all there.

Freemasonry only draws attention because it is largely secretive, and is involved historically in the manipulation of people, and control of governments. It promotes religion as being a good thing in society, when historically it can only be regarded as pure evil.

Going back to the advent of christianity we have today, Islam excluded. Many respected academics have pointed out the correlations in the new testament and the Egyptian religions dating 3500BC. It seems likely "my idea only" that Emperor Constantine in 325AD, who was head of the roman empire, which had conquered egypt a couple of hundred years before under Alexander the Great, tried to unify the sun god religions with the hebrew religions in a empire living in religious turmoil, shortly before the collapse of the roman empire. The new testament if based on the Egytian religions is as old as the old testament. Interestingly in support of this one of the oldest written gospels is the Lindisfarne gospel, and the name Jesus is not even mentioned. The god figure is referenced as IHS which the Jesuits like to put forward a multitude of meanings for. Normally however under egytian religion this is Isis Horus and Sett or Sophia. The Jesuit order incidentally view the pope as speaking for god on earth according to their claims. The pope over rides anything jesus or moses allegedly said if they are not completely ficticious characters, dreamt up by high priests to control the minds and hearts of the people they would command.

My view only "Religion and ancient secret societies are like some evil hand reaching out from the past trying to control people, they have no place in a modern world". People need to develop a better idea based on decent human behavior, openness, and mutual understanding.

Rgds

Andy

They

I read an article recently (can't find it now) which said that Freemasonry is dying out both in UK and USA due to the increasing age of existing members and a falling off in recruitment rates for younger members.

They seem to have a recruitment drive at the moment, they like to target universities, and celebrities.

You can apply if you like, apparently the initiation ceremonies aren't humiliating anymore, and it can improve your career prospects.

The labour party was at one stage going to investigate freemasonry, but dropped it from their plans.

They seem to have a recruitment drive at the moment, they like to target universities, and celebrities.

You can apply if you like, apparently the initiation ceremonies aren't humiliating anymore, and it can improve your career prospects.

The labour party was at one stage going to investigate freemasonry, but dropped it from their plans.

Pretty sure there are no Masons here.

Nearest thing I ever came across in Tanzania was several years ago in the Mara when I encountered a bunch of drinkers calling themselves 'Masike Acoholics Club'.

Edited by Manticore

Pretty sure there are no Masons here.

Nearest thing I ever came across in Tanzania was several years ago in the Mara when I encountered a bunch of drinkers calling themselves 'Masike Acoholics Club'.

What happens at the club, stays at the club...