A New Drug Could Reverse Type 2 Diabetes

hdaackda

All over the world, the number of people with diabetes continues to be on the rise since the 1980s, with 422 million people diagnosed by 2014. The United States alone has experienced a considerable rise in the incidence of diabetes, with the number of Americans diagnosed increasing from 5.5 million in 1980, to approximately 22 million in 2014—an increase of about 400 percent in less than forty years. In the UK, in 2016, the number of people living with diabetes in crossed the 4 million mark – an increase of 65 per cent in 10 years.

type-2-diabetes.png

Source: Drug Watch

Now, a team of researchers from the University of California, San Diego, led by Dr. Stephanie Stanford is proposing a remedy in the form of a single pill that aims to bring back insulin sensitivity in diabetic patients. Until recently, drugs were unable to revive the insulin signaling function in diabetic patients. The drug created by Stanford’s team, however, hopes to reinstating this function.

Readmore: A New Drug Could Completely Cure Type 2 Diabetes

Not familiar with the rules. I didn't post the whole article, hence gave the source. The original paper was published in nature.com

Edited by hdaackda

Sure, maybe.

But I am if the opinion that preventative maintenance is the key here. To preventing type II diabetes, that is. Kids are contracting it in such fact numbers that it's not called what it used to be called.....Adult Onset Diabetes.

So, how about education on nutrition? And plain old diet and exercise. Type II is so easily put into remission via that route. Why give Big Pharma more big bucks? I'm sick of them capitalizing on human maladies that are either psychosomatic, or blown way out of proportion by the media, or easily rectified ourselves.

Just my dos centavos, amigo.

I think you could have included a crucial point to be made, which is the proposed mechanism of action:

How Does It Work

The new drug inhibits an enzyme called low molecular weight protein tyrosine phosphatase (LMPTP), that is suspected to bring about the lowering of cell sensitivity to insulin. With reduced LMPTP activity, the drug re-enables insulin receptors on the surface of the cells — particularly those inside the liver — which in turn restores the cell’s power to regulate excess sugar. When the body can once again regulate blood sugar levels, the condition of Type 2 diabetes is effectively reversed. A New Drug Could Completely Cure Type 2 Diabetes

Notice that the tests were performed on mice and not in human tissue culture. The findings of the authors are encouraging but not final - the word "could" is pretty standard but important.

Sure, maybe.

But I am if the opinion that preventative maintenance is the key here. To preventing type II diabetes, that is. Kids are contracting it in such fact numbers that it's not called what it used to be called.....Adult Onset Diabetes.

So, how about education on nutrition? And plain old diet and exercise. Type II is so easily put into remission via that route. Why give Big Pharma more big bucks? I'm sick of them capitalizing on human maladies that are either psychosomatic, or blown way out of proportion by the media, or easily rectified ourselves.

Just my dos centavos, amigo.

My dad weighs 130 pounds, skinny to the bone, eats salads, and still had type two diabetes.

He never was fat, he's always worked in hard labor, and he eats very little.

Explanation?

Many yars ago I listened to a radio interview with an american researcher who had cured

98 out 100 mice by cutting out portions of the pancreas. (The other 2 in her trial were

still in recovery at the time) Apparently recovery was total and permanent.

She was complaining that no one would fund her human trials. I never heard any more of

that.

PS. If anyone wants to look it up if it's even possible - it was on the

Ed Doolan radio show on radio WM (UK)- year unknown sorry.

Edited by fred2014

Many yars ago I listened to a radio interview with an american researcher who had cured

98 out 100 mice by cutting out portions of the pancreas. (The other 2 in her trial were

still in recovery at the time) Apparently recovery was total and permanent.

She was complaining that no one would fund her human trials. I never heard any more of

that.

PS. If anyone wants to look it up if it's even possible - it was on the

Ed Doolan radio show on radio WM (UK)- year unknown sorry.

Fred can you please find transcript or the name of the scientist please? This could be crucial to the discussion.

My dad weighs 130 pounds, skinny to the bone, eats salads, and still had type two diabetes.

He never was fat, he's always worked in hard labor, and he eats very little.

Explanation?

Environmental factors - diet, vaccination, electro-smog, genetics - all in a confusing mishmash that interact together?

Environmental factors - diet, vaccination, electro-smog, genetics - all in a confusing mishmash that interact together?

Exactly.

Velocity boy, it isn't always the persons fault that he gets it.

Diet and exercise can't cure every case.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.