Time Travel Simulation

ItsYikez

I'm skipping a lot of steps here, but if traveling back in time was actually real, could this simulation happen? (I took these notes on my phone, just gonna copy and paste)

There are 2 ways to travel back in time:

(1) Consciousness

(2) Mind and Body (Consciousness and your body)

- When traveling with your mind and body, you only go back temporarily, because you should have an object to get you back to the future. Also, your body would age, so you will be older once you get back. For instance, you go back in time when you're 20, to help your 7 year old self to get age 10. Once you head back, you'd be 23 but it would seem like you left for only an instant, because time will be paused until you get back

- When traveling with only your mind, you're there permanently, because there's no possible way to go back to the future. When you go back as consciousness, your mind will be the same age as you are currently (being 20 and going back in time), but you will be in your 7 year old body (again, this is only an example).

This is my notes for now, but I'm trying to simulate what would happen if you went back in time with a partner, but you went back as consciousness and your partner went back as mind and body. If you have any suggestions, or any thoughts, please, explain. I'm eager for knowledge.

If everything in our Universe has a position at any instant in time. And the passing of time is just how those positions relative to one another change from one instance to another, then each instant in time would possess a unique configuration. This would mean that every point in time would also have an unique initial condition that every subsequent point in time would be dependent on.

Chaos theory say that if you change the initial conditions, then time will unfold differently. If one could send anything from one point in time to another, the initial conditions would be different from both points in time. Time would unfold differently for both timelines. Even if Ron Mallett sends neutrons back in time in a spin up and spin down configuration as a binary code to send information like say the lottery numbers, it would change the initial condition from the point in which they arrived and the numbers would be different in the changed timeline. I think.

Edited by Pugdaddy

This is my notes for now, but I'm trying to simulate what would happen if you went back in time with a partner, but you went back as consciousness and your partner went back as mind and body. If you have any suggestions, or any thoughts, please, explain. I'm eager for knowledge.

As this is an entirely fictional scenario, you can make up whatever rules you want. Although it is probably better if you make them consistent.

Chaos theory say that if you change the initial conditions, then time will unfold differently. If one could send anything from one point in time to another, the initial conditions would be different from both points in time.

Yeah, I get that anything changed in the past will affect the future (a simpler way to put it), and everything can change by one single choice, which is why I think that we are greater beings in general. A good note, though, I almost forgot about chaos theory.

I'm skipping a lot of steps here, but if traveling back in time was actually real, could this simulation happen? (I took these notes on my phone, just gonna copy and paste)

There are 2 ways to travel back in time:

(1) Consciousness

(2) Mind and Body (Consciousness and your body)

- When traveling with your mind and body, you only go back temporarily, because you should have an object to get you back to the future. Also, your body would age, so you will be older once you get back. For instance, you go back in time when you're 20, to help your 7 year old self to get age 10. Once you head back, you'd be 23 but it would seem like you left for only an instant, because time will be paused until you get back

- When traveling with only your mind, you're there permanently, because there's no possible way to go back to the future. When you go back as consciousness, your mind will be the same age as you are currently (being 20 and going back in time), but you will be in your 7 year old body (again, this is only an example).

From what I can discern from your examples, going back in time the way you describe above is simply "thinking" you're going back. Imagining it. Maybe even dreaming it. In other words: your physical body is going nowhere, and it's all in your head. Your example reminds me more of claims of "remote viewing" or astral projection than it does true time travel. And, both those phenomena have pretty much been discredited from being possible, as well. Though--please excuse me here if I am straying a wee bit off-topic--the U.S. Government and especially the Army DID spend an amazing amount of time and money exploring Remote Viewing. Some folks might not realize that the very funny movie "Men Who Stare at Goats" was based on many true events from the Army's Stargate Project. All that stuff about would-be "psychic warriors" was true and documented.

As far as true physical Time Travel, where, say, you could project your real body to 1939 Nazi Berlin, my personal pet hypothesis on why it is impossible, totally, is that you would have to re-arrange the entire Galaxy--perhaps even the Universe--to the configuration it was in during the time you wish to travel to. This, in view of the fact that the earth, the solar system, and the galaxies, including our own Milky Way, are rotating and moving at speeds of tens of thousands of MPH. Thus the respective positions of all astral entities involved are far different now than they were 70 years ago. Hell, even a week ago!

Edited by Velocity_Boy