Have MS admission offer but still waiting for other Unis

So currently, I already have a graduate admission offer I am satisified with. However, there are some other US universities (I had only applied in the US) which still have to reply. I have to respond to the offer, I currently have, soon. I am not sure what I should do in case the remaining universities do not respond in time. How should I proceed?

I think I know how you feel. You just received approval for your MS program from a school you like well enough...Probably the one where you took your Bachelor's? But you also applied to a couple other schools, and truth be told, you would really prefer to attend one of them if you have your druthers. But, alas, you've not heard from them as of yet.

Same thing happened to me, and I waited for the one I wanted, and got it, but not in time to slide straight in the following semester after getting my BS. So I lost a full semester in time. Which really was no big deal to me anyway, and in fact it worked out better since I needed time to move. I now attend grad school in Texas after being an undergrad in Arizona.

But I really wanted to come here, as I have family and friends. And actually grew up in Austin. If you're not as passionate about relocating, I would advise to employ the advice from the old adage that a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

No it is actually a different school. I am an international student so no such sentimental attachment.

I did some looking around. Is the April 15th resolution some hard and fast rule? Maybe the ones who haven't replied yet aren't all that serious about me if it is.

Should I ask the University that has made an offer an extension for time? Unless of course the resolution above really is as serious as it is made out to be.

Also does the deadline of 15th April mean that the deadline is midnight on the night of the 15th (i.e. when it becomes 16th) or is it earlier?

Edited by random_soldier1337