Enviromental Thinking

:confused: I wonder why the scientists do not work on the internal problems of the earth first before going to deep space one? Would'nt one think the present problems at home (here on planet earth) are more important than mars, the moon or a asteroid? After all we have pollution of rivers,creeks,air,land and that is not present on planet mars, the moon or even asteroids. Could the money be spent here on earth where it is desperatly needed more than mars?

pljames

That's globalistic thinking, just as it's nationalistic to want all the tax money to stay in your country until all it's problems are fixed before spending money on foreign countries. It sounds good but isn't in practice.

Firstly, what should all the people who are experts in space propulsion do? The astrophysicists? Are the astronomers just supposed to theorize with no proof? People will go where their talents and visions lie, and others will fund those visions.

Secondly, you are placing the problems like pollution ahead of the profits gained by polluting. While I agree with you that we should take care of our environment, it is necessary in market economies for the people who make profits to see profit in being responsible. Recycling never caught on until someone found a way to make it profitable.

If you agreed to only buy goods packaged in recyced materials and you got millions to agree to do it with you, profiteers would only make them that way. If politicians knew that you and millions of others wouldn't vote for them unless they supported green initiatives, they would suddeenly become environmentalists. It is the apathy of the consumers and the voters that keeps us in our present predicament. We're too busy working hard enough to afford our leisure to care about the future.

That's globalistic thinking' date=' just as it's nationalistic to want all the tax money to stay in your country until all it's problems are fixed before spending money on foreign countries. It sounds good but isn't in practice.

Firstly, what should all the people who are experts in space propulsion do? The astrophysicists? Are the astronomers just supposed to theorize with no proof? People will go where their talents and visions lie, and others will fund those visions.

Secondly, you are placing the problems like pollution ahead of the profits gained by polluting. While I agree with you that we should take care of our environment, it is necessary in market economies for the people who make profits to see profit in being responsible. Recycling never caught on until someone found a way to make it profitable.

If you agreed to only buy goods packaged in recyced materials and you got millions to agree to do it with you, profiteers would only make them that way. If politicians knew that you and millions of others wouldn't vote for them unless they supported green initiatives, they would suddeenly become environmentalists. It is the apathy of the consumers and the voters that keeps us in our present predicament. We're too busy working hard enough to afford our leisure to care about the future.[/quote']

Excellent answer Thanks. pljames

"How can I love my fellowman when he does not love himself?" pljames

• 1 month later...