Today I Learned

DrmDoc

In my time at science forums, I have always been of the opinion that the "ignore" function is taboo and akin to hiding from your opposition. I have always preferred to continue arguing my postion and stance, but sometimes one runs into someone 5 cans short of a six pack, and you realize that you were wrong. I have now for the first time ever, place a person on ignore!!šŸ˜œĀ And it feels good!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Today I learned that people act to me not how I deserve but according to their state of mind. If they treat me well, it doesn't mean that I'm good but it means they are good. If they are rude to me, it is not much about my guilt/fault but rather about their mood. So no need to take anything close to heart. But it's so hard to implement this knowledge in real lifešŸ˜‚

Have no idea what that means.Ā  Where I live, having a six-pack is not uncommon in the libation sense.Ā  In the other meaning of well-defined abdominal muscles, it's more rare.Ā  The first usage tends to cancel the second usage.

2 minutes ago, TheVat said:

Have no idea what that means.Ā  Where I live, having a six-pack is not uncommon in the libation sense.Ā  In the other meaning of well-defined abdominal muscles, it's more rare.Ā  The first usage tends to cancel the second usage.

I have more than a six pack, I have a keg!Ā 

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, zapatos said:

Today I learned that mole day is celebrated each year beginning at 6:02 am on October 23rd.

Life keeps me smiling!Ā šŸ˜„

image.png.ade4964a23d56d2aa720adf88a58b738.png

I celebrate with a chocolate-chile recipe while spying on my family to see if they have any pigmented spots on their skin.

Why would a python need an open CV, or any kind of resume?Ā  What is their work experience or education, beyond eating and sleeping?Ā  "Have swallowed 46 piglets in the last fourteen years.Ā  Took many digestion naps."Ā  I guess you could hire one as a Greeter at Wal-Mart.Ā Ā 

As I am always interested in oddities of mind and consciousness, today I learned a bit more about a little known syndrome--aphantasia.Ā  Aphantasia, a condition first described in 1880 paper and named by neurologists in 2015, is an inability to form mental imagery.Ā  A recent Health Digest article discusses emerging research suggesting that this condition may have something to do with low neural connectivty between the visual and prefrontal cortices. It's a condition that may emerge at birth or from brain injury.Ā  It seems some of us--1 to 5%--lack imagination for legitimately real medical reasons--Huh, imagine that.

37 minutes ago, ahmet said:

I learnt I was innocent but too much anxious :( whenever I misunderstand a point that I deal with.

Today you learned to be content with being wrong, or at least to accept the possibility; a great day

11 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Today you learned to be content with being wrong, or at least to accept the possibility; a great day

don't we generally feel us uncomfortable when misunderstand an important issue?

7 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

define important...

ah yes, but even if I say it is valuable you will ask me to define what valuable meant, and if I say it was effective you will ask...

so,...it is circulation. haha ah ha :) :) :)

Today I am learning about adversarial machine learning and ways one can trick a machine learning system.

Going to start giving a brief explanation each time I start learning something new in order to express I have learned and understood something so I can be accountable for what I have learned.Ā 

Tomorrow I plan on learning about philosophy concepts such as classes and groups and rules because I sense that this is a VERY important concept. Then I will move on to going back to learning my grammer rules and basic english because I feel like I neglected this when I was younger and it royally messed me up going through life till this point.Ā 

After that its gonna be going back over all my math so I can have that down pact. Then expanding outwards from there. Wish me luck!

23 hours ago, ahmet said:

I learnt I was innocent but too much anxious :( whenever I misunderstand a point that I deal with.

I understand that one.Ā